Bringing 23 Year old Dependent Child

Old Apr 15th 2017, 5:05 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing 23 Year old Dependent Child

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
As long as there are no health issues, is that question relevant? If NZ allow dependent child status until 23 that's all that matters surely?
Who knows? .... If they are disabled, or ill/ in need of ongoing care it would be.

At the moment we don't know, other that the woman is in the relatively unusual state of being an adult who is "dependent" on her parents.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 5:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Who knows? .... If they are disabled, or ill/ in need of ongoing care it would be.

At the moment we don't know, other that the woman is in the relatively unusual state of being an adult who is "dependent" on her parents.
I did say as long as no health issues ( which I took to include physical / mental disabilities). Since OP has no concerns (other than weight) for daughters medical, aren't you being unnecessarily nosey?
Old Apr 15th 2017, 5:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I did say as long as no health issues ( which I took to include physical / mental disabilities). Since OP has no concerns (other than weight) for daughters medical, aren't you being unnecessarily nosey?
I think it's a fair question. Being "dependent" at 23 is a little odd, and could be indicative of all manner of issues, a number of which could have profound implications for immigration.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 6:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by smileypigface
When you say 'extension to her visitor visa' - is that still the case when she won't actually have a physical 'visa' as such to visit from UK - she will just be here as a UK passport holder being allowed to stay for 6 months?
Her visitor visa will be stamped into her passport. It will be for six months. She can then apply for an extension if necessary. I will plonk down the criteria in a following post.

If NZ allow dependent child status until 23 that's all that matters surely?
Yup. NZ recognises this. Nice place is NZ.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Being "dependent" at 23 is a little odd, and could be indicative of all manner of issues, a number of which could have profound implications for immigration.
Well. We don't walk in each others shoes do we. If there should be other issues, I am sure smileypigface will come back to the NZ forum about that when and if needs be. Us lot will be happy to help.

Originally Posted by smileypigface
I don't believe the question to be relevant - and I don't feel the need / desire to answer it .
- & you shouldn't . It is her/your business.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 6:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Here you are Smileypigface. Hope it helps
Your dependent child will be processing a resident visa.

Originally Posted by New Zealand Immigration
Length of permitted stay

V2.5.1 General visitors

Visitors to New Zealand are limited to a maximum stay on a visitor visa of nine months unless they:
are genuine tourists (see V2.5.10) who require no more than an additional three months to complete their itinerary; or
are applying for a visitor visa under a special category of visitor visa instructions which allows a longer stay in New Zealand; or
cannot leave New Zealand because of circumstances beyond their control; or have lodged a first-time application for residence that has been accepted for consideration, and a decision is unlikely during the currency of their existing visa.

Note: Such applicants may apply for and be granted a further three-month visa, allowing a maximum stay of 12 months. If a decision has not been made on the residence application while the further visa is current, the applicant must leave New Zealand when it expires, regardless of the status of the application or any appeals.