" BLUE STICKERS"

Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:22 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: " BLUE STICKERS"

well done on the start or what will become the biggest adventure of your life's great stuff!

on the rental id say a big NO dont do it!

We did just what you are thinking of. got a freind to look at it and they said it was great.

IT WAS NOT!

that made it a real shitty first few months as we couldnt get out of it as we has signed for 6 months. In the end it was that bad we bought a house before the contract was up and by a few twists of luck got out of the contract before we would have had to pay rent and mortgage.

We didnt put the girls back into school for well over a month.
This was because IMO the experience they were having moving here was as good as any school education and missing a few weeks education wouldnt hurt them in the scheme of life.

This gave us and importantly them time to look around and visit schools,they even got to do a day in a few as a 'feeler' and this ment they picked the one they felt more comftable in.

As it turned out that wasnt the school that we thought looked the best from the uk.

So much will be new to you all and there will be so much to do,see,think about etc.

Dont take this the wrong way but getting PR was the easy part (sorry if those struggling on here to get it dont see my point but get it and come here and you will)

What happens from here on in is where things get very interesting so take your time.Would you rent in the uk sight unseen or send kids to a school based on an internet sight....???

good luck and again WELL DONE!

george
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Congratulations Tina.......

We are still a few months behind you. Keep checking NZIS website everyday.

Nadolig Llawen I chi.

Ian.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:57 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by george toni
well done on the start or what will become the biggest adventure of your life's great stuff!

We did just what you are thinking of. got a freind to look at it and they said it was great.

IT WAS NOT!

that made it a real shitty first few months as we couldnt get out of it as we has signed for 6 months. In the end it was that bad we bought a house before the contract was up and by a few twists of luck got out of the contract before we would have had to pay rent and mortgage.

This was because IMO the experience they were having moving here was as good as any school education and missing a few weeks education wouldnt hurt them in the scheme of life.

This gave us and importantly them time to look around and visit schools,they even got to do a day in a few as a 'feeler' and this ment they picked the one they felt more comftable in.

As it turned out that wasnt the school that we thought looked the best from the uk.

So much will be new to you all and there will be so much to do,see,think about etc.

Dont take this the wrong way but getting PR was the easy part (sorry if those struggling on here to get it dont see my point but get it and come here and you will)

What happens from here on in is where things get very interesting so take your time.Would you rent in the uk sight unseen or send kids to a school based on an internet sight....???

george
George,

thank you, those words have meant something, just wahat I needed to hear, as the others have said, and I agree with you, its not gonna be the end of the world if the boys dont start school straight away. I have taken a step back, and think we will now arrnage a few more visits to schools and let the boys decide, as long as they can decide together as they are going to be in the same school and our boys do not agree on anything, lol. Thank you for posting, it really makes sense and I think I was going into panic mode and thinking OMG got this and that to do and I start work 8 days after arriving, so was scared incase all is left to oh, which let me tell you, would not be a good thing!!!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:45 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

No Prob's

Toni (my wife) started a week after we landed so I know what thats like!

The most important thing when you get here to sort out is a base for a few months. From there you will get a feel for the area,commute to work,shop locations and so on.

Once you have that 'feel' you will them be in a position to judge where you want to rent or buy.

good luck and your right it is natural to panic a bit we had a wobble the day we left a "what the #@#@ have we done!

Who can say wether or not it will work but one thing is for sure you wont be left with the 'what if' thoughts that would have haunted you forever had you not dobe this.

good luck

George
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni

IT WAS NOT!

george
We echo everything George says.
We stayed in a holiday rental for 5 weeks when we arrived and took our time looking at somewhere more perminant to live, although we did book a bach on the internet via a website recommended on BE.
Also we didnt put our girls into school until October because they had already done a full school year in the UK and needed their summer holiday! (although it was winter here!) We went to open nights at the schools and talked to the teachers and other pupils, then we let the girls make the decision on the school they wanted to go to, with our approval of course!

Good luck with your plans
Donna
Old Dec 27th 2009, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
George,

thank you, those words have meant something, just wahat I needed to hear, as the others have said, and I agree with you, its not gonna be the end of the world if the boys dont start school straight away. I have taken a step back, and think we will now arrnage a few more visits to schools and let the boys decide, as long as they can decide together as they are going to be in the same school and our boys do not agree on anything, lol. Thank you for posting, it really makes sense and I think I was going into panic mode and thinking OMG got this and that to do and I start work 8 days after arriving, so was scared incase all is left to oh, which let me tell you, would not be a good thing!!!
Hi Tina!

CONGRATULATIONS on those blue stickers!

We have rented an 'exexutive' (oo-er!) furnished appartment for the first 5-8 weeks - till our furniture arrives. The bonus is, that as we have an address, have got the kids into the local school (which is near where dh works, so even if we move away, they are sorted) and then will look for a long term rental ourselves.

Good luck with it all!

See you over there
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:44 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cadibel

Hi Tina!

CONGRATULATIONS on those blue stickers!

We have rented an 'exexutive' (oo-er!) furnished appartment for the first 5-8 weeks - till our furniture arrives. The bonus is, that as we have an address, have got the kids into the local school (which is near where dh works, so even if we move away, they are sorted) and then will look for a long term rental ourselves.

Good luck with it all!

See you over there
good idea cadibel, your organised good on you. we have our eye on a property that one of the be members has going, so gonna waut and see. will get back in touch after the xsmas period. when you flying out? x

tina. x x
Old Dec 27th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

Congrats Both!

Enjoy the wild adventure and keep us posted!
Old Dec 27th 2009, 9:00 pm
appreciate life

Originally Posted by mudblood21
Congrats Both!

Enjoy the wild adventure and keep us posted!
thank you hun, will do, firstly thoough, enjoying a few glasses of wine tonite x x x
Old Dec 27th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

..and well deserved bottles, too - - I might join you, just to see if sharing your celebrations eases the luck along the line!

Jacqui
x
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
good idea cadibel, your organised good on you. we have our eye on a property that one of the be members has going, so gonna waut and see. will get back in touch after the xsmas period. when you flying out? x

tina. x x
Hopefully that will work out for you

We fly out 12th Jan