Blood Test - Results

Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light
Default Blood Test - Results

Eldest daughter had bloods taken for the ITA medicals and because some results were high they want them repeated...well i've just came home after receiving the phone call from my case officer and looked at the levels and they are high by such a minimal margin it's laughable

WBC 10.2 (normal ranges 4.0-10.0)
Platelets 456 (normal ranges 150-400)
Albumin 51 (normal ranges 35-50)
Lymphocytes 3.1 (normal ranges 1.0-3.0)

Someone may know more than me but my limited knowledge shows these are basically fine???

or am i missing something here?...i know that WBC and lymphocytes are raised if there is an infection but these levels are so low that it's more likely to be due to a cold than anything sinnister...isn't it???
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Blood Test - Results

I dunno Mandie but bad luck with that
They will want the bloods repeating. No way around that one. What time interval have they suggested?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi
my husband paul was in the same situation and had to have more bloods done even though the levels where not much higher than normal, but he had more done and these were fine, they just went a bit more indepth to make sure everything was ok, but his was raised due to long term medication he is on, and they did not take this into consideration when they did the initial tests

hope that this settles your mind a bit, everything will be fine, although not the money in your pocket that it costs to get the extra tests done

with regards

kirstie
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:39 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I dunno Mandie but bad luck with that
They will want the bloods repeating. No way around that one. What time interval have they suggested?

they didn't give a time interval so i just went and did them today...it's been a couple of months since the last ones...the case officer has had our ITA for over a month now without looking at it:curse:

fingers crossed these ones will be fine
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:41 pm
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi
my husband paul was in the same situation and had to have more bloods done even though the levels where not much higher than normal, but he had more done and these were fine, they just went a bit more indepth to make sure everything was ok, but his was raised due to long term medication he is on, and they did not take this into consideration when they did the initial tests

hope that this settles your mind a bit, everything will be fine, although not the money in your pocket that it costs to get the extra tests done

with regards

kirstie
it's just annoying when the panel Dr signed it off as ok and the pathology report came back as no comments...i wanted to hand my notice in on fri so that may not happen now
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome

fingers crossed these ones will be fine
Have some fingers crossed karma.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:05 pm
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Have some fingers crossed karma.
thank you much appreciated x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
Eldest daughter had bloods taken for the ITA medicals and because some results were high they want them repeated...well i've just came home after receiving the phone call from my case officer and looked at the levels and they are high by such a minimal margin it's laughable

WBC 10.2 (normal ranges 4.0-10.0)
Platelets 456 (normal ranges 150-400)
Albumin 51 (normal ranges 35-50)
Lymphocytes 3.1 (normal ranges 1.0-3.0)

Someone may know more than me but my limited knowledge shows these are basically fine???

or am i missing something here?...i know that WBC and lymphocytes are raised if there is an infection but these levels are so low that it's more likely to be due to a cold than anything sinnister...isn't it???

I'm no expert on the matter but wouldn't all of the results being high suggest something is not quite right??

I'm sure you're sorting this out and i sincerely hope all is ok but may well be worth finding out 'exactly' why the results are all outside the upper levels of 'normal'.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:03 am
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by niseysOH
I'm no expert on the matter but wouldn't all of the results being high suggest something is not quite right??

I'm sure you're sorting this out and i sincerely hope all is ok but may well be worth finding out 'exactly' why the results are all outside the upper levels of 'normal'.
These levels may be slightly high due to the beginnings of a cold or a slight viral infection which if you're body's doing it's job properly should fight the infection itself...i'd imagine if there's something more sinister going on then the levels would be much much higher

hope to get the results of the second blood test in a few days so will know more then hopefully
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:56 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Mandie

Any news yet hun?? Got it all crossed for all of you that it works itself out before the end of the month.

How are you holding up? You didn't sound your usual bubbly self when I spoke to you the other week. I know its hard but keep your chin up and you'll be on that plane AGAIN!! before you know it

Sarah xxx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:59 pm
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hiya Mandie

Any news yet hun?? Got it all crossed for all of you that it works itself out before the end of the month.

How are you holding up? You didn't sound your usual bubbly self when I spoke to you the other week. I know its hard but keep your chin up and you'll be on that plane AGAIN!! before you know it

Sarah xxx
Hey Sarah
Well her repeat blood results have come back and only one result remains raised but is lower than the original. Just waiting now for my GP to comment on the results and i'll send off the stuff to case officer.

Am handing in notice tomorrow anyway and just hope and pray that it's all sorted before the xmas break

hope you are all well

Looking forward to seeing you all again
Luv Mandie x