Age Limit for work to residence visa

Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:40 am
Just Joined

andylong677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Age Limit for work to residence visa

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered at length.

I am 46 years old this year and have an opportunity to retire from my current employment when I reach 50 years old, with a decent pension. We have the intention to try to migrate to NZ at that point, where both my wife and I would continue working. We are doing various qualifications to increase our chances of a job offer from an accredited employer.

I was under the impression that the age limit for NZ was 55 and 50 for Aus. I realise this age barely gets 5 points on the immigration calculator. However, recently watched a BBC program 'wanted down under' and they mentioned the 46 year old male was getting close to the visa cut of limit.

My wife is 12 years younger than me, so if needed she can be the primary applicant, but she wanted to work part time whilst the kids are in school and therefore would not get the correct job officer for the visa. So it would be best if I got the offer.

Am I correct with the age limit or have I misread this?

Many thanks

Andy
Old Jan 29th 2016, 8:59 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Age Limit for work to residence visa

yes its 55 years or under:

Accredited Employer work visa
You may be eligible for an Accredited Employer
work visa if you are aged 55 years or under and
have an offer of employment in New Zealand
from an accredited employer and a minimum base
salary of NZ$55,000 per annum. In addition to the
general requirements for offers of employment (see
‘Requirement for all visas based on employment’),
your offer of employment must be:
• for employment in New Zealand in the
employer’s core area of business activity, where
the employer will have direct responsibility for
your output
• for a period of at least 24 months
• for full-time employment, (that is, it amounts
to, on average, at least 30 hours per week)
• current at the time we assess your application,
and at the time we grant a visa, and
• for a position with a minimum base salary of
NZ$55,000 per annum.

taken from: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1016.pdf
Old Jan 30th 2016, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, thats what I thought. Dont know what the BBC were referring to.

Does anyone know if a personal pension has any impact on a Visa? My pension will be approx £17,500 per year (almost 30 years private pension in public sector). Yet I will still be of working age. So I will have quite a large additional income to any work I get.

Was hoping the immigration service would look on this in a favourable way.

Thanks

Andy
Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

on this type of visa what money you have is not taken into account, its about the salary from job offer (I believe). as for the pension it will depend on how you access it on who you pay tax to or if you need to pay tax on it.

Also please bear in mind that occupations do get removed/added to the lists so what is there today may not be there tomorrow.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply. Will keep an eye on the approved employers list.

Best wishes

Andy