Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on partnership visa application

Advice needed on partnership visa application

Old Oct 19th 2016, 10:42 am
Just Joined

baconfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed on partnership visa application

Originally Posted by MinusZ3R0
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who answered my queries and gave me advice on this thread.

This Friday just gone we got the confirmation that my partner (now Fiancée) is now a New Zealand resident and can live and work in the country!!! Just in the nick of time too as we are flying out on the 23rd of this month! SIX DAYS TO GO!!

Everything else is sorted so just waiting for the day to come now. See you all soon
Congratulations on the great news. I am awaiting a decision from the London office too for the same visa (my wife is the NZ citizen). What was your rough timeline on applying, getting updates and then acceptance?
We were assigned an Immigration Officer on 26/9 when he said just waiting for my wifes NZ police certificate and for my health checks to be verified in NZ. Not sure how much longer I should be expecting to wait though.
Well done again!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

elm16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baconfamily
Congratulations on the great news. I am awaiting a decision from the London office too for the same visa (my wife is the NZ citizen). What was your rough timeline on applying, getting updates and then acceptance?
We were assigned an Immigration Officer on 26/9 when he said just waiting for my wifes NZ police certificate and for my health checks to be verified in NZ. Not sure how much longer I should be expecting to wait though.
Well done again!
My husband has recently received his visa under the partnership category after applying through the London office, it took three and a half months to approve, they didn't have to come back to us for any further information but there was a hold up with my Nz police certificate apparently which added 3 weeks on to the process. I hope your application is quicker!
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply elm. I'm glad you and your husband had your good news.
Do you mean it was 3 and a half months from sending the application off or from being assigned an immigration officer? our payment was taken on 5th August so nearly 3 months now.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply elm. I'm glad you and your husband had your good news.
Do you mean it was 3 and a half months from sending the application off or from being assigned an immigration officer? our payment was taken on 5th August so nearly 3 months now.
From submitting the application, hopefully you hear something soon!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Quick question, we had our documents sent back at the end of August for my application for residency under the Partnership but our passports were not returned. Is this normal?

I have just got a bit concerned as been reading that others have sent theirs off once a decision is reached to get their stamp put in the passport.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Quick question, we had our documents sent back at the end of August for my application for residency under the Partnership but our passports were not returned. Is this normal?

I have just got a bit concerned as been reading that others have sent theirs off once a decision is reached to get their stamp put in the passport.
Hi, my husband didn't have his passport returned with the other documents. His other documents were returned about two weeks after he submitted his application, which was when the case officer was allocated.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 11:48 am
Just Joined

So, we had another update last night and our IO said that the application has now been placed in a quality checking queue and they expect to be in contact in the next 2-3 weeks.
I am really hoping it is good news and the person who checks it doesnt need any more evidence as our planned date for leaving is creeping ever closer and still so much to do!!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Just an update for you all, we got approved!!!!!

Passports arrived back today, found out the decision on Friday but only because the Vac asked for my address to send documents to. INZ didn't feel the need to let me know the news themselves but I won't moan as I am so over the moon after the 4 months waiting.
Flights booked for 7th Feb and Christchurch here we come!