Need fingerprints

Old Aug 25th 2013, 11:14 am
Just Joined

scotsgranny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need fingerprints

Hi, this is my first time posting. I have received my invitation to apply in the parent category. I lived in America until 4 years ago and I need to have fingerprints taken to send to the FBI. I finally found a police station in Glasgow where I could get them done but they wouldn't do them on the FBI card. Does anyone know if the FBI will accept them on a Scottish Police Card?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need fingerprints

sorry but unsure why you need to send finger prints to the FBI if you are applying for visa for NZ, unless of course this is something they need for the police check?

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer, does the application have any information about applying outside the US for this? or is there a website.

You may find some help on the US forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's for a police check. The info on the web says it has to be done on their card which I copied and printed. Problem is that fingerprints are taken electronically now so it's difficult to find a police station which still does it manually.
I don't think the US forum would be much help because nobody needs fingerprints taken in the UK to move to the States. I'll check around anyway.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Could you do the fingerprints yourself or do they have to be countersigned by the police?
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

I didn't think of that I'll check on it tonight. It would certainly make life easier. Thank you
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
Could you do the fingerprints yourself or do they have to be countersigned by the police?
They will need to be taken and signed by the Police.

OP - for a FBI check they MUST be done on the FBI card or they will be rejected. Just trying to find you someone to call who can pass this info to the local police station
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
They will need to be taken and signed by the Police.

OP - for a FBI check they MUST be done on the FBI card or they will be rejected. Just trying to find you someone to call who can pass this info to the local police station

=========================================
Best I can come up with is this for the Scottish Police Authority. You could try phoning and askiung to speak to someone in their Fingerprint Bureau. Any Fingerprint Officer should know that the FBI want prints on their own cards, but I guess that wouldn't be well known in local police stations as its an unusual request.

Scottish Police Authority
Elphinstone House
65 West Regent Street
Glasgow
G2 2AF

General enquiries

Telephone:

You can reach one of our Executive Support team on one of the telephone numbers below

0141 585 8300

Email:

[email protected]

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 1st 2013 at 1:01 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Isn't that a real pain. Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scotsgranny
Isn't that a real pain. Thank you for your help.
Only other option I can think of is to go back to the station, say you have had advice from a (former) Fingerprint Officer that the prints must be on the FBI card, and if they are unsure can they please phone their Fingerprint Bureau and check!

Good luck
Old Sep 1st 2013, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Wow, thank you very much.

I contacted Police HQ by email and they sent me to a police station. Took me 2 hours to get there and they didn't have any ink. They sent me to another one where they wouldn't use the FBI card.

Strange, in my search on the net, I didn't come up with the address you gave me. I'll get onto that tomorrow. I think I'll go in there as it is easy to get to.

I really can't thank you enough. I'll let you know how I get on.

>>Best I can come up with is this for the Scottish Police Authority. You could try phoning and askiung to speak to someone in their Fingerprint Bureau. Any Fingerprint Officer should know that the FBI want prints on their own cards, but I guess that wouldn't be well known in local police stations as its an unusual request.

Elphinstone House
65 West Regent Street
Glasgow
G2 2AF

General enquiries

Telephone:

You can reach one of our Executive Support team on one of the telephone numbers below

0141 585 8300

Email:

[email protected]
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice."<<
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 12:33 am
Home and Happy

Wow, thank you very much.

I contacted Police HQ by email and they sent me to a police station. Took me 2 hours to get there and they didn't have any ink. They sent me to another one where they wouldn't use the FBI card.

Strange, in my search on the net, I didn't come up with the address you gave me. I'll get onto that tomorrow. I think I'll go in there as it is easy to get to.

I really can't thank you enough. I'll let you know how I get on.

>>Best I can come up with is this for the Scottish Police Authority. You could try phoning and askiung to speak to someone in their Fingerprint Bureau. Any Fingerprint Officer should know that the FBI want prints on their own cards, but I guess that wouldn't be well known in local police stations as its an unusual request.

Elphinstone House
65 West Regent Street
Glasgow
G2 2AF

General enquiries

Telephone:

0141 585 8300

Email:

[email protected]
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice."<<
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fbi_check.html I know its the Embassy in Canberra, but it applies to Aus AND NZ - you will see it refers to the prints being taken on a specific card etc. Might be worth printing and taking it with you Best of luck, keep us informed
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://canberra.usembassy.gov/fbi_check.html I know its the Embassy in Canberra, but it applies to Aus AND NZ - you will see it refers to the prints being taken on a specific card etc. Might be worth printing and taking it with you Best of luck, keep us informed
I have been trying to come up with something like that to take with me to the main police station. I can't see why it should be a problem to put them on Form FD-258, which I have. It isn't as if they need a copy of my fingerprints. I'll be 70 next month and I haven't even had a point on my driving license :-)

Thank you for all your help.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Success. I finally got them done at Stewart St Police Station in Glasgow.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:18 pm
Home and Happy

Success. I finally got them done at Stewart St Police Station in Glasgow.