Work Permit Extension

Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work Permit Extension

Hi all,

I am asking this on behalf of a friend of mine and his family that have been in Canada for a year already on a work permit and last week received an extension for an additional 2 years. The question is, "Do they have to leave the country and reenter to activate the permits?" There are four of them, him on a work permit, the wife on an open work permit, and the two kids on education permits.

Thanks for your help

Dozzzzy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:29 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Extension

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Hi all,

I am asking this on behalf of a friend of mine and his family that have been in Canada for a year already on a work permit and last week received an extension for an additional 2 years. The question is, "Do they have to leave the country and reenter to activate the permits?" There are four of them, him on a work permit, the wife on an open work permit, and the two kids on education permits.

Thanks for your help

Dozzzzy
No, at least, I dont recall ever leaving when mine was extended.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

solatic is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had to leave the country to 'activate' one [been renewing year on year since 2001]. The only reaction was once I was directed to the immigration desks at Pearson Airport when returning from Europe to update some details, but I think my address had changed between receiving the new one and using it for the first time.

Last edited by solatic; Nov 1st 2006 at 7:01 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Barmyarmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
No, at least, I dont recall ever leaving when mine was extended.
Never had to leave the country either.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:13 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby was given a 3 month work permit and I got a 6 month visitor permit, hubby's was extended to 3 year permit and mine was swapped to a open work permit for the same length of time as hubby's and we stayed in Red Deer - no leaving countries
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

HI

When you extended permit, did the company have to again prove that they had advertised for a canadian etc???

Thanks

Pete
Old Aug 11th 2007, 10:28 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete66,

We really can't remember but don't think so as hubbies contract was open with no end date, all he had to do was pass his trade exam. Hopefully someone that does remember will also reply?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Thanks Piff Poff

I hope somebody replies too as this is really concerning me

thanks

Pete