Work history Query

Old Apr 18th 2018, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Gems_0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work history Query

Hi all,

I have left my current employer off of my employment history and put it under personal history, I have only been with them for about 2 weeks so don't want to get them involved.

However, the CIC info says the following:

"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed."

- Do I have to actually include my current employer in this case then, as they are not listed. I have used 3 years worth of prior employers to get the required points. The info on the submission page is different to what is written in the CIC guidance outside of the application.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 10:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work history Query

Originally Posted by Gems_0
Hi all,

I have left my current employer off of my employment history and put it under personal history, I have only been with them for about 2 weeks so don't want to get them involved.

However, the CIC info says the following:

"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed."

- Do I have to actually include my current employer in this case then, as they are not listed. I have used 3 years worth of prior employers to get the required points. The info on the submission page is different to what is written in the CIC guidance outside of the application.
Perhaps you answered your own question.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Except it contradicts itself with statements elsewhere on the website regarding these references.

It also displays that text if you have no current employer, so looking for some clarification on the matter.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:40 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Surely it's no hassle for you to photocopy your job offer letter?

What are you hiding from them?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 2:00 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It also displays that text if you have no current employer, so looking for some clarification on the matter.
You stated you had a current employer, so I wonder why the question?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:23 am
Just Joined

I would need a reference letter from my current employer if I was to include them within the visa application, it wouldn't be just providing my job offer letter..

I am concerned that it will affect my relationship and my position with the company since I have only started with my current employer only very recently... what an embarrassing conversation to have with them, I don't think that they would be too thrilled... this is why I would like to leave my current work off the list, for this reason only.

Originally Posted by Aviator
You stated you had a current employer, so I wonder why the question?
They are not included on the employment history, they are on the personal history. The message is displayed regardless of if you have a current employer or not.

Last edited by Gems_0; Apr 19th 2018 at 9:58 am.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I would need a reference letter from my current employer if I was to include them within the visa application, it wouldn't be just providing my job offer letter..

I am concerned that it will affect my relationship and my position with the company since I have only started with my current employer only very recently... what an embarrassing conversation to have with them, I don't think that they would be too thrilled... this is why I would like to leave my current work off the list, for this reason only.

They are not included on the employment history, they are on the personal history. The message is displayed regardless of if you have a current employer or not.
Whilst you can leave employment off the list which you are not claiming points for I suspect that they will defiantly want to see your current employer. Not doing so would look very suepct to say the least. I cannot imagine it would be to much of a difficult conversation, just ask the HR department. and it shouldn't even really affect your relationship with your manager.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

You could tell them you're thinking of buying a house and need a reference letter for the mortgage. It won't include all the info CIC ask for, but mine didn't and I got here OK (though that was ten years ago).
Old Apr 19th 2018, 11:11 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
You could tell them you're thinking of buying a house and need a reference letter for the mortgage. It won't include all the info CIC ask for, but mine didn't and I got here OK (though that was ten years ago).
Yup or for rental purposes.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Yup or for rental purposes.
If I remember correctly, I actually sent in a reference letter that I got for the new landlord when I moved house. Because I already had it and knew the company wouldn't give me anything more detailed than that anyway.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

We went down the 'bank need it' route as suggested. It doesn't have all the required info (missing out job duties) but covers the rest.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 4:41 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by MarkG
If I remember correctly, I actually sent in a reference letter that I got for the new landlord when I moved house. Because I already had it and knew the company wouldn't give me anything more detailed than that anyway.
In Ontario they'll happily do you a letter saying you are employed and what your salary is. That is enough for the landlord.