Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Where to find Canadian Certificate No - CIT 0001 form

Where to find Canadian Certificate No - CIT 0001 form

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

erukus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to find Canadian Certificate No - CIT 0001 form

Hi there,

I am currently filling out a CIT 0001 form Application for a Citizenship Certificate (adults and minors) on behalf of my daughter who is 18 months. I have dual Irish and Australian citizenship and her mom my common law partner was born in BC Canada and lived there until she was 26.

In the form it asks - How did this parent obtain Canadian citizenship? (Birth) and then for the Canadian certificate number.

I am unsure what they are looking for here. I tried entering the registration number on her mom's birth cert but it is one digit too long for the field.

Are they looking for a number on her mom's Canadian certificate of citizenship? which I don't believe she has as most people who live in the country they are born in don't usually require these?

Does that mean that her Mom would firstly have to apply for a Canadian Certificate of Citizenship so that she has the number or could we call somewhere for that number?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:02 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find Canadian Certificate No - CIT 0001 form

I am very willing to be corrected but i suspect that the answer is N/A.
she doesn't have a Canadian citizen certificate. People who are born in Canada don't get one
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to find Canadian Certificate No - CIT 0001 form

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I am very willing to be corrected but i suspect that the answer is N/A.
she doesn't have a Canadian citizen certificate. People who are born in Canada don't get one
Correct although most are issued with a Provincial/Territorial birth certificate which indicates Citizenship. I also suspect the answer is N/A.