Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

jhorsfield30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

18-35 for non-students and 18-30 for students?!

What the hell crazy rule is that,
Bunac are just making it up as they go along..
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jhorsfield30
18-35 for non-students and 18-30 for students?!

What the hell crazy rule is that,
Bunac are just making it up as they go along..
Yeah they suck!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Nowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura aboutNowhere has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't jump on bunac so fast - it used to be aloud to go to canada as many times under student catergory as long as you had a academic year in between, and I went twice in this way. I then applied for non student visa and it was rejected because Canadian Immigration had decided to change their ruling, and had not even informed bunac. Now Bunac are aware, it clearly states this on the website, but Immigration didnt even tell them of this change until several people that year got refused because they had already been more than once!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't be so quick to pound BUNAC either, they're non profit so its not about making money as suggested! They also streamline the process well IMO and it would be a lot more hassle with out them.

Pretty much a 'Don't shoot the messenger' scenario.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was not to quick. I have used Bunac for over 7 years for various things. I got the experience.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really nice

Hi
Just spoken with Bunac as my friend is looking to go down this route for 2008.

CIC are still to confirm that they have lowered the age to 30 for 2008 for non-student visas however Bunac think it will be lowered.

Bunac have said to keep checking their website as they expect it to be confirmed before the December application opens up.
HTH
Old Nov 5th 2007, 5:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by The Broady's
Hi
Just spoken with Bunac as my friend is looking to go down this route for 2008.

CIC are still to confirm that they have lowered the age to 30 for 2008 for non-student visas however Bunac think it will be lowered.

Bunac have said to keep checking their website as they expect it to be confirmed before the December application opens up.
HTH
As per previous posts the FW manual is now stating non-student Bunac is 18-30, student 18-35. http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc...s/fw/fw01e.pdf page 118
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

clare to canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

As per previous posts the FW manual is now stating non-student Bunac is 18-30, student 18-35. http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc...s/fw/fw01e.pdf page 118
Does this mean you can still apply when aged 30? As long as your application is processed when you are still 30, is that right?
Thanks
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by roxye3
I was not to quick. I have used Bunac for over 7 years for various things. I got the experience.

Well they obviously don’t suck that much if you’re a repeat customer!

Seriously though each to there own opinion I guess, having used them in 2003and using them again now I've always found them to be great, as I say they're non profit and if CIC change the rules then there is nowt BUNAC can do about it.

What ever probs you have you should let them know and then they may be able to sort a problem they don't even know they have.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Maiden_uk82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, this is an old thread but... I just nearly fell of my chair....

So I am right in thinking you can go to Canada under the working holiday visa if you’re not a student??? I thought it was students only... Are there any restrictions? I keep getting mixed answers off google searches so any clarity would be enormously appreciated!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maiden_uk82

So I am right in thinking you can go to Canada under the working holiday visa if you’re not a student??? I thought it was students only... Are there any restrictions? I keep getting mixed answers off google searches so any clarity would be enormously appreciated!
All the restrictions are listed on their web site: try the link and have a read www.bunac.co.uk

If your over 30 forget about it.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:13 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
It is probably to bring it into line with the UK program which has lowered the age of non-students from Canada to 30 to work in the UK. It is supposed to be a reciprocal program.
Which it clearly isn't. The U.K. (wrongly) offers a far more generous scheme to Canadians than the other way around.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:14 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

the non student programme is closed for this year. you'd need to wait and apply in dec 08 for 2009

Karen
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maiden_uk82

Forget the Google searches, ALL the info you need is here so have a good read:

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/

(the eligibility section clearly outlines the requirements)

Yes, the non-student programme is now closed for 2008 so you will need to wait until December 2008 to apply for the 2009 programme, although it's worth checking back throughout the year in case anyone cancels and their places become available (which does happen, I cancelled my 2008 non-student visa for example)

Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:18 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by adele
Yes, the non-student programme is now closed for 2008 so you will need to wait until December 2008 to apply for the 2009 programme, although it's worth checking back throughout the year in case anyone cancels and their places become available (which does happen, I cancelled my 2008 non-student visa for example)

Yup, don't lose heart. This year and last for definite they emailed out to everyone who requested a notification that a few more visas were available for that year due to cancellations.

It's late Nov, early Dec this happens I think?

NB - you have to be quick though! To apply and to get into Canada before the end of the following January.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.