Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

futureexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

:curse:We were actually advised by BUNAC NOT to apply this year and to hang on and apply for the the 2008 visa. (non student 12mth).

They suggested that we wait until December this year to apply for the 2008 when we could have applied in September. We took this advice and have been duped!

My partner is 34, I am 31. They have reduced the visa to 18 - 30yrs without notice!

What can we do? Please, please if you have any advice I would be grateful. :curse::curse::curse:

I feel so disappointed, I just cannot believe this!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:30 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

Where did you find this? The BUNAC site still says 35 years old for non-students and 30 years old for students.

Edit: ahh now i see: "The 2008 non-student programme is likely to be open to 18-30 year olds only".

I don't know if you can do anything, seems pretty harsh to leave it so late in the day to change the eligibility requirements.

Last edited by andrewrb143; Oct 24th 2007 at 6:32 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:33 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Wow, that is bad news. We are in the same boat as you. We were going to go for BUNAC next year and do not fit the age requirements if it is reduced to 30 years.

Are you certain this has been implemented already or is it just under discussion? Where did you get your info from? I was on the BUNAC website yesterday and there was no mention of this. I just looked now and it says:

"The 2008 non-student programme is likely to be open to 18-30 year olds only."

Did you call and double check with them?

Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bunac.org/uk/workcanada/eligibility.aspx

Do you have the name of the people you spoke to at BUNAC or any emails with their advice in?

Last edited by live to ski; Oct 24th 2007 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:37 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by live to ski
WAIT - DON'T PANIC MR MANNERING

Student BUNAC WP are 18 - 30, but non-student are 18 - 35. (unless Canadian IP's are still on an old BUNAC website and UK's are new).

I thin kyou might have mis-read the difference between student and non-student.

Get your applications ready to send off ASAP!!!
If the age limit is changed, there is no point getting applications ready anymore. The 2007 programme closed last week and the 2008 programme does not open until the beginning of December.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by gotoronto
If the age limit is changed, there is no point getting applications ready anymore. The 2007 programme closed last week and the 2008 programme does not open until the beginning of December.
It is probably to bring it into line with the UK program which has lowered the age of non-students from Canada to 30 to work in the UK. It is supposed to be a reciprocal program.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:41 pm
Elusive dreamer

>>Probably to bring into line with the other programs and now the UK has lowered the age for non-student BUNAC to 30, so Canada has fallen into line as it is reciprocal program. Students still remain at 35.<<

I thought students were 18-30 for BUNAC Canada.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Elusive dreamer

Originally Posted by live to ski

Do you have the name of the people you spoke to at BUNAC or any emails with their advice in?
If you look at the link - it's all in there on the BUNAC website. In very small letters.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

>>Probably to bring into line with the other programs and now the UK has lowered the age for non-student BUNAC to 30, so Canada has fallen into line as it is reciprocal program. Students still remain at 35.<<

I thought students were 18-30 for BUNAC Canada.
Nope, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resourc...s/fw/fw01e.pdf
page 117
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

But the website says "likely". To me it would be worth trying to get first in line for the 2008 in the hope that you might get through.

To me it is always worth a try. To you it may not be.

A lot of my "tries" have paid off too.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:53 pm
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Are BUNAC actually responsible for these decisions? Or is it more likely CIC decision??
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:17 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
Are BUNAC actually responsible for these decisions? Or is it more likely CIC decision??
CIC
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I would have said CIC too as Bunac like to make their money. If they could they would offer visas to the dead. LOL!

I can just see it now................Ghandi, John Lennon and Rod Hull & Emu all lined up down Bowling Green Lane at 9am on a Monday morning already to submit their applications.

However....

I heard talk some where of Canada allowing the WHV to be extended to 24 months so the 18-30 change could be in line with adjusting the programme to fit that.

It is a real shame really.

Last edited by roxye3; Oct 24th 2007 at 8:19 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

paul-niki is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: What?!!! Bunac have reduced the age limit overnight!

Originally Posted by futureexpat
:curse:We were actually advised by BUNAC NOT to apply this year and to hang on and apply for the the 2008 visa. (non student 12mth).

They suggested that we wait until December this year to apply for the 2008 when we could have applied in September. We took this advice and have been duped!

My partner is 34, I am 31. They have reduced the visa to 18 - 30yrs without notice!

What can we do? Please, please if you have any advice I would be grateful. :curse::curse::curse:

I feel so disappointed, I just cannot believe this!
???????The BUNAC website still shows 18-35 for non-student visa applications. HOW can they move the goal posts without notice?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

clare to canada is an unknown quantity at this point

This has all changed pretty quickly eh?
Stressed me out quite alot so I checked the Canadian high commision website ... http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/faq/faqtrv2e.htm it still states 'working holiday 18 - 35'
Fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.