Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Wait time for reply from Sydney for PR

Wait time for reply from Sydney for PR

Old Dec 2nd 2017, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Panel Repair Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wait time for reply from Sydney for PR

Hi i wonder if anyone can offer any advice on how long it takes CIC processing office in Sydney NS to send confirmation that they have opened my PR application and started processing it.
My application arrived and was signed for in Sydney on 6th October.
Kindest Regards David
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wait time for reply from Sydney for PR

Which visa route? Some you won't ever get an AOR, others it depends, so if you can give a bit more info about how you're applying for PR we can try and help.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 3:37 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for the quick reply.
I have a Alberta provincial nomination though the Trades Engineering Occupations Which i got in less than one week from applying.
I am a skilled auto body repair Tech working in Calgary for the last 3 years Noc code
Unfortunately this was the only route available for PR as my LMIA went from being worth 600 points to 50 last year and also Alberta is not yet using express entry for provincial nominations.
I hope this gives you a bit more info regarding my situation

kindest regards David
Old Dec 4th 2017, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

My wife recently obtained her PR and if I can remember correctly it took them about 2 months to start processing her application.You can set up your own account on the CIC website to keep tabs on your application if you dont already know that.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:05 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if i could check online status of my application because i am under the impression that i will receive some conformation from CIC to confirm they are now processing my Paperwork and some sort of file number. I was wondering how long it would take for CIC to Get in touch with me to confirm this matter.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panel Repair Man
hi thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure if i could check online status of my application because i am under the impression that i will receive some conformation from CIC to confirm they are now processing my Paperwork and some sort of file number. I was wondering how long it would take for CIC to Get in touch with me to confirm this matter.
You can check your application status on the CIC website with your UCI number it's on your work permit it begins with number 9 I think along with your full name date of birth and country of birth.The only time the CIC contacted my wife by email was when she had to go downtown for landing interview.