Visa Enquiry

Old Dec 14th 2014, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

tomsteetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Visa Enquiry

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me.
I'm a British citizen and I was part of the IEC program 2011/2012 and again for the second time 2013/2014

My visa is set to expire at the end of April 2015

Do i have any other options as far as staying in the country goes? Am i eligible to apply again for the 3rd time. I'm not too sure what the stipulations are as i know they changed in 2013.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
Old Dec 14th 2014, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Enquiry

Hi

Only way you can do IEC again is if you applied prior to 2011, which I'm guessing from your first dates you probably didn't.

You'll have to provide more info though, what do you do for work in Canada, how much experience what's your work history in the UK etc?
Old Dec 14th 2014, 12:34 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree and say no as the website states that participations before 2011 don't count towards the 2 years maximum for the UK.

Other option would be express entry, starting in January 2015. A job offer/positive LMIA would give you half of the maximum points.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

If i'm actively employed are there any options as far as an extension goes?

Also, i've heard i can apply online to extend my stay as a "tourist" for 6 months. Does anyone know about that?

Again, many thanks!

Tom
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tomsteetley
If i'm actively employed are there any options as far as an extension goes?

Also, i've heard i can apply online to extend my stay as a "tourist" for 6 months. Does anyone know about that?

Again, many thanks!

Tom
You can't extend an IEC-issued Work Permit, you'd have to get a new temporary work permit through your employer obtaining a new LMIA if possible.

You'd probably best look into Permanent Residency through Express Entry.

But as asked before, what is your job/experience/qualifications?

You can switch your status to visitor when your permit is ending, but obviously you cannot work.
Also, if you're trying to stay for the full 6-months I'm pretty sure you'd have to provide proof of substantial savings to tide you over and/or a return ticket to show you'll be able to survive and then return home at the end.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if any TEFL courses would be eligible to gain a student visa?
Old Jan 24th 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but provided the course that you'll be enrolled in is provided by an institution on the list in this link, it doesn't really matter what the course you're taking is:

Designated learning institutions list
Old Jan 24th 2015, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but provided the course that you'll be enrolled in is provided by an institution on the list in this link, it doesn't really matter what the course you're taking is:

Designated learning institutions list
Thanks for that information Chris, It does seem like you're right.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that information Chris, It does seem like you're right.
Indeed, thats how I interpreted it. Do check back here though over the next day or two incase it gets corrected
Old Jan 24th 2015, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Indeed, thats how I interpreted it. Do check back here though over the next day or two incase it gets corrected
Will do! Thanks again!

I've found a number of places already that offer TEFL courses from the list of accepted designated learning institutions.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Will do! Thanks again!

I've found a number of places already that offer TEFL courses from the list of accepted designated learning institutions.
How long are the courses though, is the TEFL diploma long enough to qualify for a study permit?
Old Jan 26th 2015, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
How long are the courses though, is the TEFL diploma long enough to qualify for a study permit?
This is a good point, I started looking into it myself and some are actually pretty short, couple of months at Seneca for example
Old Jan 26th 2015, 8:03 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I know of the CELTA certificate and the DELTA - these are both recognised. The DELTA takes around a year to do but I think you have to do the CELTA first