Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Upfront Medical & Proof of funds Question

Upfront Medical & Proof of funds Question

Old Apr 18th 2018, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upfront Medical & Proof of funds Question

Hi all,

Did do a quick search but found nothing conclusive.

We have 84 days left to submit completed application. We have our medicals booked for the 1st May. Do we get results on the same day for us to attache to our submission, or do we have to wait some time, if so, how long usually?

I'm also interested to know if anyone has experience with Nationwide and proof of funds part. I assume a cashier can do what is requested? We didn't have too much issue when it came to 3 months transaction history for our mortgage a few years back, but asking them to provide averages etc is a bit different. Anyone able to confirm if this is the case?

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Apr 18th 2018 at 3:38 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 4:48 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upfront Medical & Proof of funds Question

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
Hi all,

Did do a quick search but found nothing conclusive.

We have 84 days left to submit completed application. We have our medicals booked for the 1st May. Do we get results on the same day for us to attache to our submission, or do we have to wait some time, if so, how long usually?

I'm also interested to know if anyone has experience with Nationwide and proof of funds part. I assume a cashier can do what is requested? We didn't have too much issue when it came to 3 months transaction history for our mortgage a few years back, but asking them to provide averages etc is a bit different. Anyone able to confirm if this is the case?

You should get a ‘proof of medical’ form when you leave the clinic that day. You won’t get all of your results as blood tests can take time to come through (they have to be sent off to a lab).

You can attached your proof of medical to your application and then the clinic will send your results to IIRC. Was it a clinic that did e-medical (sending results to IIRC)?

I was with nationwide. I didn’t have a mortgage at the time but my ISA and the bulk of my savings were in there. Initially I asked them on their contact form over the Internet (as I was in Canada) and they sent me back a letter saying they couldn’t do what I asked. I can’t actually remember what I did in the end, I may have called them or emailed someone specifically either way, the proof of funds came through to my mothers address and my she scanned the info for me to add to application.

If you are still in the UK I would say go into the branch with the print out from IIRC that details exactly what you need
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
You should get a ‘proof of medical’ form when you leave the clinic that day. You won’t get all of your results as blood tests can take time to come through (they have to be sent off to a lab).

You can attached your proof of medical to your application and then the clinic will send your results to IIRC. Was it a clinic that did e-medical (sending results to IIRC)?

I was with nationwide. I didn’t have a mortgage at the time but my ISA and the bulk of my savings were in there. Initially I asked them on their contact form over the Internet (as I was in Canada) and they sent me back a letter saying they couldn’t do what I asked. I can’t actually remember what I did in the end, I may have called them or emailed someone specifically either way, the proof of funds came through to my mothers address and my she scanned the info for me to add to application.

If you are still in the UK I would say go into the branch with the print out from IIRC that details exactly what you need
Thanks for the reply.

Yes the clinic does e-medical apparantly. I was worried we'd have to wait a month or so for results, long as IIRC accept the proof of medical being done as evidence of it, then all is good on that front. Fingers crossed no issues. When I spoke to the lady on the phone who arranged the bookings, I mentioned some of the key medical history bits that we weren't sure on, and she said as long as they aren't issues now, then we don't need to bring any evidence for them, so yippee on that front.

We'll take the CIC info about proof of funds into the bank and be one of those 'Get me the manager' people if there is a problem with cashier producing what we require
Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

We have been through this process recently - they sent the info directly to IIRC and we were given a medical number as well which I think we put into our application when we submitted.

We couldn't get average balances for any of the bank accounts but we submitted what we had (X months bank statements, date of opening etc.) and a letter of explanation that this was not something that the banks could do. TSB were particularly helpful and typed out a letter with the date of account opening and some extra info that wasn't on the statements, I think Halifax wouldn't give us anything else though. We haven't been asked for any more information about our finances so hopefully no issues there!
Old Apr 26th 2018, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

I just wanted to update this in regards to Nationwide if anyone else uses them in the future and wants to know the process.

We visited the bank earlier today. The cashiers are literally not able to do a single thing. They took a scan of what CIC required and then forward your details to head office for them to deal with. We should get what we need in a few weeks all being well.

The cashier can provide statements going back 6 months, however they do not have any company contact details and are not on printed letterhead, so are not suitable for including in submission. Also bare in mind their statements (in our case) run from the 10th of each month, so being paid today, does not show up. I am hopeful their head office will read the form properly where it states 'Current Balance', and not just print out statements.

I'll update this in a week or 2 when we receive things from their head office and let you all know if we run into further issues.
Old May 5th 2018, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

So to update:

Head office sent us 1 interim statement and nothing else, so they were entirely useless.

We went back to the branch and spoke with the manager. She provided us with a written letter with all account details etc and required statements. However, the following they would not do:
  • unable to provide averages.
  • Unable to provide details on the credit card as apparently they cannot see anything on that in branch, including balance.
  • Unable to provide statements that are on proper letterhead (they are the same as you can print out online).
We have statements up to February on the online banking for the credit card, however past that period, we have nothing as the account is zero balance, so statements are not generated. Phoned credit card services and they said 'we might be able to send zero balance statments'. We have since closed the credit card account and will include the closed account letter and zero balance statement with our POF upload, along with a letter of explanation to clarify we closed the account AFTER we found that our bank was not able to provide any evidence of a zero balance (WHY????).

Hopefully the zero balance statement/closed account letter will arrive next week, we are literally just waiting on this now before we can hit the submit button and say farewell to more money

In regard to medical, I think it would probably be easier to link to another thread I made that was in search of further clarification on the upfront medical (after it was done), and will hopefully answer any queries in regards to what paperwork you do/don't fill out etc.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...dicals-912402/

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; May 5th 2018 at 2:17 pm.