Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Updated average processing times on CIC website

Updated average processing times on CIC website

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:55 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road
Default Updated average processing times on CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

CIC have published new average processing time on their web site. London shows as 45 months average for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008 and 13 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010 for federal skilled workers.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Updated average processing times on CIC website

That's based on the full package of documents you submit after the 120 day e-mail right?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:15 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriskatie
That's based on the full package of documents you submit after the 120 day e-mail right?
Yes.

Keep in mind I know of cases that will be well over the 13 months quoted here. So take these timescales with a large pinch of salt.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:20 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Is it just me, or is it very much as though CIC are going backward with their processing times? Wasn't there a time when they were hoping to decrease their processing times to 6 months max? I'm sure I had read that somewhere....
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Yes.

Keep in mind I know of cases that will be well over the 13 months quoted here. So take these timescales with a large pinch of salt.
Thanks. Any chance you know of cases that are well under 13 months..!?
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mac2
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

CIC have published new average processing time on their web site. London shows as 45 months average for applications received BEFORE February 27, 2008 and 13 months for applications received BETWEEN November 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010 for federal skilled workers.
looks like they have just added on the 4 months where they were moving the Islamabad office to London
Was'nt the previous estimated processing time originally 9 months? (for the latter FSW dates)
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 4:26 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I used to - before June last year and then POOF they slowed back down again.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:05 pm
Permanent Residents

There are quite a few. One notable recent one is Funky Florist at just over 9 months from AOR to Visa's. Check out their signature timeline here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=133702
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:08 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by heading-west
looks like they have just added on the 4 months where they were moving the Islamabad office to London
Was'nt the previous estimated processing time originally 9 months? (for the latter FSW dates)
Last quarter also showed 13 months, so no change. I was expecting it to extend out further as things seem to be taking much longer now. The pre feb 2008 has moved from 44 to 45 months.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

I've given up looking at it. We are on the self employed route and our original AOR said 12-18 months. We submitted all of our documents last August after the 120day letter and are now waiting for meds. That makes it 18months since we applied and still nothing. And now our processing time online is reading 42months. Gah!
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Omoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant future

If it is the case then I should at least get news from them this month. It is my 45th month.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Rossman is an unknown quantity at this point

80 % of cases