UK plumber in need of help!!

Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK plumber in need of help!!

Hi Jenna

I have just had this email sent back from ITA:

"Nothing has changed regarding Plumber regulations. The Plumbing trade is not regulated in BC unless you are either doing cross-connections or installing or maintaining natural gas or propane gas equipment. If you have contact with an employer who will hire you based on you UK qualifications then that is the employer’s prerogative. Not all employers will follow the same hiring practices.

I would suggest if you have an employer who will hire you and after you have settled that you would consider taking an upgrade course through one of lower mainland post-secondary institutes – British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in Plumbing to prepare you to challenge the Plumber Interprovincial Red Seal examination."

My apologies to Parker14, as it seems I have misunderstood the info I have been given in the past

HTH
Old Feb 27th 2012, 1:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linz3112
Hi Jenna

I have just had this email sent back from ITA:

"Nothing has changed regarding Plumber regulations. The Plumbing trade is not regulated in BC unless you are either doing cross-connections or installing or maintaining natural gas or propane gas equipment. If you have contact with an employer who will hire you based on you UK qualifications then that is the employer’s prerogative. Not all employers will follow the same hiring practices.

I would suggest if you have an employer who will hire you and after you have settled that you would consider taking an upgrade course through one of lower mainland post-secondary institutes – British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) in Plumbing to prepare you to challenge the Plumber Interprovincial Red Seal examination."

My apologies to Parker14, as it seems I have misunderstood the info I have been given in the past

HTH
It is still mandatory certification though. A plumber has to know and comply with the the BC plumbing code, or they will end up with no end of trouble.

http://www.wowjobs.ca/BrowseResults....umber&s=r&l=BC
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

parker14 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem Linz3112, that was my only point, without getting too involved with the certification at different levels of works carried out. It is quite possible and legal to gain "employment" without the Red Seal. However, the chances are greatly reduced and, for the reasons already outlined I would recommend challenging it at the earliest opportunity.

Regards.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

borgman is an unknown quantity at this point

Bear in mind even though Plumber is on The List, you will still need to have 67 points