UK Medical for CIC - expensive!

Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry UK Medical for CIC - expensive!

Hi all,

Just so I can get an idea whether this is normal or not.

I'm back in the UK and wanting to get the application under way. I've contacted the suggested medical practice in Manchester and their quotation for a medical and X-ray was £295! is that right?

Maybe I was naïve but I was thinking it'd be under £100!!

I hope you're all well,

Adam
Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:55 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Medical for CIC - expensive!

Originally Posted by adfletch83
Hi all,

I'm back in the UK and wanting to get the application under way. I've contacted the suggested medical practice in Manchester and their quotation for a medical and X-ray was £295! is that right?

I hope you're all well,

Adam
If that makes your eyes water - give up now! The cost of immigrating is HUGE! I suppose if you're a single person coming here for a fixed term - not for ever period - it might not be too horrendous financially. But if you're a family moving here permanently, it's an expensive process.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I hope you're all well,

Adam
That's about right (in fact, slightly on the cheaper side of the price). As above, its a drop in the ocean in terms of immigration costs, the whole thing will cost the average family tens of thousands. Unfortunately emigration isn't cheap!

HTH.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We found it expensive here in Canada because on top of medical we also had to pay for blood tests and X-ray at the hospital
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:20 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's about right (in fact, slightly on the cheaper side of the price). As above, its a drop in the ocean in terms of immigration costs, the whole thing will cost the average family tens of thousands. Unfortunately emigration isn't cheap!

HTH.
+1 if I added it all up I'd cry!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
If that makes your eyes water - give up now! The cost of immigrating is HUGE! I suppose if you're a single person coming here for a fixed term - not for ever period - it might not be too horrendous financially. But if you're a family moving here permanently, it's an expensive process.
Thank you for your help (and reality check). As long as I'm not being ripped off and that's the going rate then I'll pay up. I've just married and am applying to emigrate to be with mu wife. Thankfully there's just me to consider.

Thanks to others posters too!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help (and reality check). As long as I'm not being ripped off and that's the going rate then I'll pay up. I've just married and am applying to emigrate to be with mu wife. Thankfully there's just me to consider.

Thanks to others posters too!
Definitely not being ripped off! If it's just you, then hopefully it'll be fives of thousands (made up phrase!) rather than tens of thousands.

Good luck with it.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
+1 if I added it all up I'd cry!
Best not to.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Definitely not being ripped off! If it's just you, then hopefully it'll be fives of thousands (made up phrase!) rather than tens of thousands.

Good luck with it.
I think fives of thousands should be a thing

Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I know that it's going to be costly but the main fees I'm focussing on are at the moment are:

Sponsor Fee - $75
Applicant - $475
PR fee - $490
Medical - £295
Police Check - £45
Passport pics - £14

Thanks again guys!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I know that it's going to be costly but the main fees I'm focussing on are at the moment are:

Sponsor Fee - $75
Applicant - $475
PR fee - $490
Medical - £295
Police Check - £45
Passport pics - £14

Thanks again guys!
Sorry, I meant in terms of the whole move, not just the cost of the visa. You're not missing a lot visa wise (courier fee perhaps, can't think of anything else off the top of my head), but it's the actual move and costs of setting up life in Canada that are the pricey bits.

**Pootles off to trademarks 'fives of thousands'**
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

**Pootles off to trademarks 'fives of thousands'**
hey, hey, HEY!! I should be part of this patent!! It might help with the costs!!

Oh of course, I'll have flights, transport, insurance, rent and bills until I start working etc. I was worried that there was some fee that was in the five-thousands' that I was missing!! Glad to hear I'm looking in the right direction.

Thanks Christmasoompa
Old Aug 27th 2015, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

That's about the right price for the medical in the UK.

Just lie back and think of Canada whilst the 'system' empties your bank account!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:24 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

My medical in the UK (for my first IEC visa) was £400 as I had to have Hep B blood test (due to having a tattoo). My medical in Canada (for a second IEC permit) was around $300 - much cheaper and easier as it was done in Vancouver. The one in the UK was in North Birmingham so I had to drive 1hr and half there and back again.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
My medical in the UK (for my first IEC visa) was £400 as I had to have Hep B blood test (due to having a tattoo). My medical in Canada (for a second IEC permit) was around $300 - much cheaper and easier as it was done in Vancouver. The one in the UK was in North Birmingham so I had to drive 1hr and half there and back again.
Yeah I'm about the same distance from Manchester too. I've just got back from Canada and I was contemplating getting it done their, but as we've just married and hadn't started the paperwork at that point, I decided not to as I know they have 12 months validity and I'd probably have had to get another done before they made a decision on me
Old Aug 29th 2015, 7:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I'd have thought the prices would have gone up in Vancouver for a medical, I only paid 300+ 20 for the x-ray way back in 2005.

Sponsor Fee - $75
Applicant - $475
PR fee - $490
Medical - £295
Police Check - £45
Passport pics - £14

Thanks again guys!
The landing fee used to be nearly 1,000, I think Harper reduced it in 2006? Or maybe it was the guy before Harper, I can't recall, I do remember making the cut for the refund though they were doing at the time.

Seems to be the applicant and sponsor fee all these years later are the same, I think that is what I paid in 2005, but maybe my mind is playing tricks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.