Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

UK GP planning to relocate to Canada

UK GP planning to relocate to Canada

Old Oct 15th 2017, 5:37 am
Just Joined

David2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK GP planning to relocate to Canada

Dear All,

I'm sure someone must have answered these questions in the past.
I'm a UK GP planning to relocate to Canada.

1) I'm scheduled to take MCCEE in Jan. Advised by someone to also take the MCCQE1&2 to have more opportunities? I have family in Calgary which would be my preferred choice

2) Can I sit for MCCQE1 in London?

3) What's the IELTS score for permanent residence

4) Score needed for the academic IELTS?

Thanks
Old Oct 15th 2017, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK GP planning to relocate to Canada

Paging Stinkypup & Snoopdawg .

You may find this (& other) thread useful:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...781626/page46/
Old Oct 16th 2017, 1:01 am
Just Joined

David2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot
Old Oct 16th 2017, 1:18 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Paging Stinkypup & Snoopdawg .

You may find this (& other) thread useful:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...781626/page46/

Originally Posted by David2011
Dear All,

1) I'm scheduled to take MCCEE in Jan. Advised by someone to also take the MCCQE1&2 to have more opportunities? I have family in Calgary which would be my preferred choice

Thanks

Have a good read of the thread, it should answer a lot of your questions. It looks like you would have to do MCQE1 over here looking at the website- we did. I will leave the IELTS queries to someone who knows what they are talking about, unlike me.

Having spent about 20 seconds asking that nice Mr Google, there seems to be big changes afoot as of March 2018 which make it look as if you won't need MCCEE ..

http://www.mccevolution.ca/internati...ment-overview/

Last edited by Stinkypup; Oct 16th 2017 at 1:58 am.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

IELTS for PR needs to be the General Training option NOT Academic. If you need the Academic for your licensing that's a different Q. (For example one of the tests the regulator in my profession accepts for my licence is IELTS Academic.) However for PR apps it's General.

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 16th 2017 at 7:59 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I am in the process (very near the end hopefully!!)

(1) In BC you dont need to do the MCCEE if you have MRCGP. The other two are compulsory but you get 3 yrs to do them. I have heard Calgary is difficult to get into as Alberta have become very strict on supervisor numbers and are trying to get folk to work in the sticks

(2) Dont know Sorry

(3/4) I did Academic and its pretty easy if you are English born. I then found out it wasnt needed for the Provinical Nomination if you are in healthcare

Any other questions feel free to PM me
Old Jan 20th 2018, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Funmi is an unknown quantity at this point

Check www.cic.gc.ca. also if you pass your exams. You might want to consider GTA (Greater Toronto Area). You'll have better opportunities of settling there. I know a lot of Family Doctors wanting to share their practice with other Doctors.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David2011
Dear All,

Thanks
hi
1) If you have MRCGP then you are exempted from MCCEE.

2) MCQE1 and 2 is only done in Canada not uk. while MCCEE you can sit in London/UK.
if you do MCQE 1 and 2 then you will have indedepended license so you can work in any office or move easily in another province. for Calgary you need to check how long your supervised license will be for.and whether college requires you to do QE 1adn 2 later on.

3) for PR you do need general ILTES not acadamic.

4) no idea for academic...

good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Shaffs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hasan78
hi

2) MCQE1 and 2 is only done in Canada not uk. while MCCEE you can sit in London/UK.
if you do MCQE 1 and 2 then you will have indedepended license so you can work in any office or move easily in another province. for Calgary you need to check how long your supervised license will be for.and whether college requires you to do QE 1adn 2 later on.

good luck.
Hi Hasan,

I was just wondering how you went about applying for an exemption for the MCCEE?

I am a UK trained GP with MRCGP, I have my PR and living in the GTA and trying to secure an independent license to practice by completing my exams first.

On the MCCEE exemption form it says that you need Canadian Certification in CFPC. I have spoken to CFPC and they have advised me that that I can become a member but they cannot certify me as I do not meet all the criteria for certification.

Will a letter from the CFPC be enough to secure an emption for the MCCEE?

I gather that you were able to secure an exemption yourself so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaarifa

Last edited by Shaffs; Mar 14th 2018 at 12:31 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 7:46 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Come to NB, specifically Moncton. There is a massive shortage of doctors and housing is cheap!
Old Mar 14th 2018, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaffs
Hi Hasan,

I was just wondering how you went about applying for an exemption for the MCCEE?

I am a UK trained GP with MRCGP, I have my PR and living in the GTA and trying to secure an independent license to practice by completing my exams first.

On the MCCEE exemption form it says that you need Canadian Certification in CFPC. I have spoken to CFPC and they have advised me that that I can become a member but they cannot certify me as I do not meet all the criteria for certification.

Will a letter from the CFPC be enough to secure an emption for the MCCEE?

I gather that you were able to secure an exemption yourself so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shaarifa
Hi Sharifa

No idea as I did MCCEE while in London - It was a lot easy exam to do. It is my understanding that when you register with CCFP then they can provide you a letter to say you have eligibility to become member and I believe you can use that to apply for MCCEE exemption. you can contact MCC.CA directly to check if that is required. if you already have that letter then I suggest you fill the form and apply. good luck!
oh! do not leave too much gap in your practice for CPSO license so it doesn't create any problem for you to get your license from CPSO.

best of luck....
Old Mar 27th 2018, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

xakanrn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hasan78
hi

good luck.
Thanks good info.So I assume I can apply for jobs without doing the MCQE?
How often are the exams done ?
Old Mar 28th 2018, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xakanrn
Thanks good info.So I assume I can apply for jobs without doing the MCQE?
How often are the exams done ?
Yes! but supervised job.

check MCC.CA for the exam frequency..