TWP - PR

Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future
Default TWP - PR

Hi Guys,

Is it straight forward enough to arrive on a TWP with a job offer and extend this to PR, has anyone expericenced any problems??
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:38 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TWP - PR

Yes, it is straightforward. We didn't have any problems.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Hi Guys,

Is it straight forward enough to arrive on a TWP with a job offer and extend this to PR, has anyone expericenced any problems??
Seems to be the most popular thing for people to do nowadays with the the PR from Uk being too long a wait for some.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Thanks guys,

Do we still require medicals for twp, or is this only for pr???
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

It depends what kind of job you do, I had to have one for healthcare but my husband didnt need to have one.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

That will apply to me also then, I am a nurse, and my husband is coming over without work until the kids are settled then he will look for work, I have a job lined up.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: TWP - PR

Originally Posted by fozzy33
Hi Guys,

Hi,

We're submitting our application to do this right now.

Things to note: (well, there's lots of things to note, but there's a proper big checklist and also a lovely Wiki on this site detailing all the main points of Fast Tracking your application). But these things struck me:

Do you like how much fun this all sounds? I've been putting this off for ages, but once you get down to it, it's ok. It's no worse than applying for regular Permanent Residency, but this way, you have a chance of being Fast Tracked.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
    Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:54 am
    Forum Regular

Thanks Sarah,

That is enough it put us off, you would think, but there are sooooo many of us who a desparate to leave the Uk we will go through the paperwork and questions.

Just cant wait to to get registration approved, then we need to sell house etc, another nightmare!!!!
    Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:59 pm
    Just Joined

Jankaan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so when granted a TWP which I presume last for 12 months, do you at the same time apply for PR? Is selling your home wise when this is a temp (not guaranteed) route!
    Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:55 pm
    Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jankaan
    Ok so when granted a TWP which I presume last for 12 months, do you at the same time apply for PR? Is selling your home wise when this is a temp (not guaranteed) route!
    A TWP can last for up to 3yrs. I applied for PR roughly 8mths before getting a TWP issued. There's no reason why you can't apply after too.

I'd decided to emigrate to Canada, and getting a TWP was the first step towards residency. Couldn't see any point keeping a house in the UK when I didn't want to live there. Also, I needed the equity to start a business over here.
    Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:33 pm
    Forum Regular

If the worse comes to worse Jankaan, we can always come back and start over.

We want the equity out our house so that we are giving ourselves the best possible start.