TWP and Perm. visa

Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all
Default TWP and Perm. visa

If you are issued a TWP can you then apply For the Permanent visa after 6 or so months.

Can't seem to find any threads or wiki stuff on this. maybe i am looking in the wrong place.
Enjoy the rest of your day
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:25 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP and Perm. visa

Believe you can apply straight away, but you must have at least 12 months remaining on your TWP...

Perhaps this should be in the immigration section?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:57 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for PR at any time - before applying for a WP, while you have one, or after a WP has expired. Neither needs to be dependent on the other.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:00 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Believe you can apply straight away, but you must have at least 12 months remaining on your TWP...
where did you get that from??

there is the rule that you must have been admitted to a particular country for 12 or more months that you can apply to the according visa post. in other words if you want to apply to buffalo you need to have a visa (study permit / work permit) for canada or another country in the buffalo jurisdiction which is valid for a year or more. you don't need to spend a full year in that country before you submit your application.
You must submit your application to the correct visa office. You must submit your application to the visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ular.asp#step3
working on a wp in canada for 6 months before applying for pr is a criteria of some pnp streams though. some pnp streams for truck drivers (as an example: sinp ) or the bcpnp for semi skilled occupations in tourism / transportation (9 months) spring to mind.

to the op:
one of the wiki articles related to the wp to pr topic is Work Permit versus PNP

Last edited by lof; Apr 6th 2008 at 9:27 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hey Mikey
We have been told if we are happy after 6 months on TWP my company will sponser me for PR.This seems fairly standard with employers we have spoken to when you are in skilled workers category.

Good luck
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:57 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lof
where did you get that from??
It was mentioned on here recently, forget which thread though - think it was to do with applying via London on a fast track SW app. I might be talking bollocks, if I am, then I'm sure Andrew or someone will wade in and say so