Traveling without PR card

Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice
Default Traveling without PR card

Hi all, Its been some time since Ive posted on here.
My wife and I have a planned trip to the UK in April, We are both PR since 2014.
My wife had just realized that she has misplaced her PR card, She has reported the lost card through the correct channels and has applied for a replacement card. Looking at the processing times and when she sent the application, its going to be very close to the time we are traveling before we receive the new card.
Im aware that she should not leave the country if she doesn't get the card in time, and that she will not be allowed back on the plane without a PR travel document.

Has anyone had any experience with obtaining a PR travel document from the UK? We are only going for 4 days, is their another option to gain access back into Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Stu
Old Feb 15th 2018, 7:50 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling without PR card

Hi

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Hi all, Its been some time since Ive posted on here.
My wife and I have a planned trip to the UK in April, We are both PR since 2014.
My wife had just realized that she has misplaced her PR card, She has reported the lost card through the correct channels and has applied for a replacement card. Looking at the processing times and when she sent the application, its going to be very close to the time we are traveling before we receive the new card.
Im aware that she should not leave the country if she doesn't get the card in time, and that she will not be allowed back on the plane without a PR travel document.

Has anyone had any experience with obtaining a PR travel document from the UK? We are only going for 4 days, is their another option to gain access back into Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

1. If she doesn't receive her PR card in time, she won't have time to obtain a PR TD at the VAC in London.
2. She could return to an US airport close to the border and enter in Non Commercial transportation by showing her expired PR card and her COPR at the land border.
Old Feb 15th 2018, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of the US route, although without having her PR card as its lost, would the just COPR be enough to re-enter the land border?
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of the US route, although without having her PR card as its lost, would the just COPR be enough to re-enter the land border?
1. Yes, passport and COPR
Old Feb 15th 2018, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.