Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Traveling with EE ITA waiting - dual intent?

Traveling with EE ITA waiting - dual intent?

Old Feb 17th 2017, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all
Default Traveling with EE ITA waiting - dual intent?

Hi All,

I was lucky enough to get my ITA last week under FSW EE (451 points, very close to the wire).

I have started preparing all the documents i need for submission, but likely won't be ready until about 2 weeks time.

Unfortunately (or not) I am traveling to Canada in 2 weeks, I figure the best bet is to wait until i come back and update my recent travel to include that trip and then submit, so I don't appear to have misrepresented the facts on that.

So when I go through border control I will be arriving on the holiday visa, with fully booked return flights and a need to be back at work etc, but I also want to take a few of my C.Vs / Resume as I of yet do not have a Job offer, and now a visa is looking very likely, wanted to hit my target area.

the question - Will I get in trouble if when asked at landing "are you looking for jobs here" i say "yes" when I am landing on a visitor visa thing? or should I lie (which i'm not good at and dont want to get caught out) - or should I just not pack the resumes?

Sorry, I ramble.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling with EE ITA waiting - dual intent?

What would be wrong in saying the purpose of my visit is leisure and a job hunting trip as I have received an ITA under EE. Im only here for 2 weeks.
Produce a copy of the ITA and tell them you have lined up a couple of potential employees and will be dropping off resumes in preparation for eventually moving to Canada permanently once you have been issued the COPR documents.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all
Default Re: Traveling with EE ITA waiting - dual intent?

Thanks Former,

thats what I had hoped to do, I was just concerned that it might cause a problem if I said exactly that.

Kind of reached that point of "paranoid everything is going to throw a spanner in the works"