Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Travel before medical visa expires

Travel before medical visa expires

Old Jan 19th 2017, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

nalmay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel before medical visa expires

I have applied for CSQ and permanent residence and just waiting for the final approval to get through. I have just been asked for passport copies of the bio page and payment for permanent residence landing fee which I sent today.
Now I really want to book my flight to Quebec as I found cheap prices in peak season - Aug. My medical check up was on 25 Aug 16, so I am assuming it expires on 24 Aug 2017? When flying out to Quebec, would it be ok to leave just a couple of days gap in between the flight date and the expiry date of my medical visa? For example if I book my flight for the 22 Aug, arriving on the same day?
Old Jan 19th 2017, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel before medical visa expires

Originally Posted by nalmay
I have applied for CSQ and permanent residence and just waiting for the final approval to get through. I have just been asked for passport copies of the bio page and payment for permanent residence landing fee which I sent today.
Now I really want to book my flight to Quebec as I found cheap prices in peak season - Aug. My medical check up was on 25 Aug 16, so I am assuming it expires on 24 Aug 2017? When flying out to Quebec, would it be ok to leave just a couple of days gap in between the flight date and the expiry date of my medical visa? For example if I book my flight for the 22 Aug, arriving on the same day?
So what happens if the flight is cancelled? also it will depend on when CIC received the results of your medical as on the day you took it doesn't mean it was transmitted the same day so you actually might have a few days grace.
Why invite the risk a couple of hundred dollars is peanuts just to arrive and find that your COPR has now expired.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel before medical visa expires

Yes, what happens if there's something you can't predict like an ash cloud situation? If it were me, I'd wait for the COPR to arrive ... then book my flight with room to spare in case the unexpected happens.

S