Transcripts

Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transcripts

In the education section (FSW or CEC) it looks like they need a copy of university degree certificates plus original sealed transcripts for all courses taken in university sealed envelopes.

Am I right in thinking that for an engineering degree say they are wanting markes for each individual course taken eg structures, geotechnical, hydraulics, management, etc etc that makes up the overall degree?

Has anyone had an application returned for not including transcripts in this situation?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:25 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transcripts

Originally Posted by jimf
In the education section (FSW or CEC) it looks like they need a copy of university degree certificates plus original sealed transcripts for all courses taken in university sealed envelopes.

Am I right in thinking that for an engineering degree say they are wanting markes for each individual course taken eg structures, geotechnical, hydraulics, management, etc etc that makes up the overall degree?

Has anyone had an application returned for not including transcripts in this situation?
I would be careful about leaving anything out, especially if you are thinking of applying through Cat 1 FSW. There have been rejections very quickly recently from CIO for incomplete documentation.
Why is this a problem anyway? My OH and I both got ours from our university by ordering them online, but I know it is possible to apply by post as well - OK, it costs, but that is the process!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
I would be careful about leaving anything out, especially if you are thinking of applying through Cat 1 FSW. There have been rejections very quickly recently from CIO for incomplete documentation.
Why is this a problem anyway? My OH and I both got ours from our university by ordering them online, but I know it is possible to apply by post as well - OK, it costs, but that is the process!
I've checked the university website for each degree (BSc/MSc) and it doesn't seem to be a great problem to get them 10 or 15 pounds each. I'll put them in for the sake of the cost and minor inconvenience involved but I just wondered.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:38 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

I think the reason they do this is because it would be much harder to forge a transcript - especially if it is in a university sealed envelope. My OH had three transcripts to get (she has a much bigger brain than me), but was glad she did. I guess if you worked hard for the qualification, and you're claiming points for your education, it's worth doing. At least there's one less reason for CHC to turn you down!

Good luck with your application!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimf

It was the policy of the university I attended to not give out transcripts.

So I sent CIC a photocopy of my original degree certificate along with a letter from my university confirming that I attended the course and explaining the transcript situation.

CIC seemed happy with it.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

^^^^^^ Ditto.

I also sent an email from my university admissions that stated they did not provide transcripts at the time i was at uni (1998) - there was also no government legislation at that time that required them to adhere to that neither. CIC were happy with that.
Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:50 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
^^^^^^ Ditto.

I also sent an email from my university admissions that stated they did not provide transcripts at the time i was at uni (1998) - there was also no government legislation at that time that required them to adhere to that neither. CIC were happy with that.
But if you can, you should.