Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Leaflover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi Violets are blue, I'll be needing a police check from ireland myself for a future application. Could you please let me know how I go about requesting one from them when not living there anymore?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leaflover
Hi Violets are blue, I'll be needing a police check from ireland myself for a future application. Could you please let me know how I go about requesting one from them when not living there anymore?
Do you mean the Republic? (its just your location is the North ). If you do, its fairly simple. You contact the police station that was local to your area/city (nearest to where you lived).

Go on to CIC website, into search box and type in Police Certificate Ireland and comes up with choices - first one - how to obtain police cert ireland and when you click on that the following comes up

How to obtain a police certificate

Ireland, Republic of

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How and where do I obtain one?

If you live in the Republic of Ireland
You should apply in person at the local Garda Síochána Station (police). You must present:

your full name;
your date and place of birth;
your current and all previous Irish addresses;
the purpose of the request (e.g., for a visa application to the Canadian High Commission); and
a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
You can get more information on this website: http://www.garda.ie/.

Note: You may have a representative who can apply on your behalf. The representative must present a witnessed statement indicating your consent to the release of information.

If you live outside the Republic of Ireland
If you live outside the Republic of Ireland, you must apply in writing (by post) to the superintendent who is in charge of the district covering your area of residence when you were living in the Republic. You must provide:

your full name;
your date and place of birth;
your current and all previous Irish addresses;
the purpose of the request (e.g., for a visa application to the Canadian High Commission); and
a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
If you do not know the address, write to the Garda Síochána Station with the name of the town and the county of previous residence. The request will be forwarded to the District Superintendent.

Click on the word area and it goes straight to the Garda site (I think), click on the area of the map you need and the address/numbers will come up . I phoned them and asked what was required. Wrote a letter with details above and put in copies of birth cert and passport - they asked for those. Took very short time to get here and didnt cost anything however may differ in different areas of the Country.

Hope that helps . The Northern Irish one was included in my UK one - needed to put in my NI number and dates for that.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Thank you yes I was in the south for years but originally from NI. I have moved home to NI until this process is complete. You mentioned a NI number, where would I get that?? So sorry for all the questions but feel like head is exploding right now with all the paperwork I have in front of me
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leaflover
Thank you yes I was in the south for years but originally from NI. I have moved home to NI until this process is complete. You mentioned a NI number, where would I get that?? So sorry for all the questions but feel like head is exploding right now with all the paperwork I have in front of me
You're welcome, NI - National Insurance number, you dont need it for the cert from the republic. You probably wont need it for your Northern Ireland cert either because you live there. I lived in both and in England and when getting my UK cert there was something on the form about if you had lived in the North (as in Northern Ireland) you needed to provide certain things. I just gave them everything that was mentioned.

Dont worry about the paperwork, you just have to go through it slowly and about 100 times . Good luck
Old Jun 9th 2012, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

That's great. Will be giving everything they ask for also!! Can't afford the time a return app. would create. Thanks again for the help and apologies in advance for any future silly questions that might need answering. Have my highlighter ready for my guide book so hopefully they will be few and far between
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
I just received a email with a attached letter from London embassy.
My application has reached the last stage of processing and requires a photocopy of all my passport pages, two passport photos (Canadian style)within 30 days...
The process to send passports to the embassy to have visa issued does not apply as of Dec 2011 to visa excempt countries. They issue letter of COPR now and only require photocopies of all pages of passport.

Congratulations.

We also had our medicals on the 10/05 (altho not sent to CIC until 18/05) so hoping we are nor far behind you then
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rockspie
Congratulations.

We also had our medicals on the 10/05 (altho not sent to CIC until 18/05) so hoping we are nor far behind you then
Thank you..!!
Just read your timeline signature. You should not be far behind. May I ask which stream you applied under?
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Thank you..!!
Just read your timeline signature. You should not be far behind. May I ask which stream you applied under?

Fingers crossed ours will be soon. We applied through Nova Scotia community identified steam.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations Rockspie, good luck and hopefully it wont be too long for you
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:46 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Congratulations Rockspie, good luck and hopefully it wont be too long for you
All this waiting??
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
All this waiting??
Hi Vettemaster, I thought you had up and left the country without a word , have you heard anything yet? Everything is still the same on my ecas thing, might as well hibernate while waiting. Up until now I have chosen about 5 different houses, 2/3 apartments, furniture, doggy day care and about 7 different locations in and around Winnipeg to live in and of course I have a job exactly where I want it and booked a holiday to Hawaii - all in my head - while waiting , sort of drives you a little crazy . I love waiting to immigrate

In reality , we are looking to go away somewhere in July now for a few days (somewhere in Europe), might as well carry on as normal until the next thing happens out of the weird and wonderful world of immigration. Hope you have heard something
Old Jun 19th 2012, 7:11 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Hi Vettemaster, I thought you had up and left the country without a word , have you heard anything yet? Everything is still the same on my ecas thing, might as well hibernate while waiting. Up until now I have chosen about 5 different houses, 2/3 apartments, furniture, doggy day care and about 7 different locations in and around Winnipeg to live in and of course I have a job exactly where I want it and booked a holiday to Hawaii - all in my head - while waiting , sort of drives you a little crazy . I love waiting to immigrate

In reality , we are looking to go away somewhere in July now for a few days (somewhere in Europe), might as well carry on as normal until the next thing happens out of the weird and wonderful world of immigration. Hope you have heard something
Hello, everything is as it was a few weeks ago, house still for sale, Ecas still showing us as "in progress". They have now added our address to the site now in the last week.

I would have thought you would have had you COPR by now? I suppose its there busy period at London around about now though.

I hope you hear soon
Old Jun 19th 2012, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
Hello, everything is as it was a few weeks ago, house still for sale, Ecas still showing us as "in progress". They have now added our address to the site now in the last week.

I would have thought you would have had you COPR by now? I suppose its there busy period at London around about now though.

I hope you hear soon
Thanks Vettemaster, I would have thought that you would have had your medical call by now also, what a shame . Nothing here yet but just chillin while Im waiting. My daughter has just finished Uni and waiting for her final exams results so thats enough to be getting on with at the moment. This house is like an emotional volcano with her and her friends at times (in a great way - wouldn't miss it for anything). Haven't really thought about COPR to be honest, Im still just hoping nothing comes back from the medical or asked to do any re-tests - nothing different on my ecas either.

Im guessing its a busy time also as there are a couple of immigration days coming up in Leeds and London.

I think that my address was added just before my medical call so fingers crossed for you big time - at least it means they are doing something with your application - not lost in a sea of paperwork . Good luck with the house sale also
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Believing is an unknown quantity at this point

@Violets,

Please can you share your findings in terms best location to live in Winnipeg. I read that the south part is the best but any specific? I searched and searched last night for the list of best schools in Winnipg since I have a son going to grade 9 and 2 still in elementary school but I could not find such. In the US you get can get such info so I rationalise may be chose the best location to live then I will find school in such areas.

Please any info will be appreciated.

Regards
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Believing
@Violets,

Please can you share your findings in terms best location to live in Winnipeg. I read that the south part is the best but any specific? I searched and searched last night for the list of best schools in Winnipg since I have a son going to grade 9 and 2 still in elementary school but I could not find such. In the US you get can get such info so I rationalise may be chose the best location to live then I will find school in such areas.

Please any info will be appreciated.

Regards
Hi Believing, Im afraid that I would not be the best person at all to ask about this as I dont have children to attend school when I move. Also, I was only in Winnipeg for a really short time so my knowledge on this is pretty rubbish and limited to my own personal opinion.

I liked lots of different areas/streets close to the center and outside the city, some in the South and some in the East. I am not personally going to be restricted by timings such as those around drop off and pick up times for schools or school bus routes. We also looked outside the city and would be happy living some miles outside the city however others might not find this convenient.

My opinion is also limited to what I think I will be able to afford in an area we find is pleasant and convenient for what we want.

If I were you I would probably start a thread with what you have written above as Im sure there will be people who have some good knowledge on this and have looked for the same/similar things that you need to consider.

I am sorry not to be able to be more specific but I think this is something that others will be able to help you more with especially with regard to good schools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.