Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi, Im not exactly sure how to start threads so hopefully this will work out okay!!

Would love to hear others timelines from outside Canada for PNP/PR as there are threads for applications from within Canada. Just wondering if there is a major difference in timescales since the changes in applications having to go to Nova Scotia first.

I've applied for MPNP from UK and so far this is where its at:
Exploratory visit September 2011 and invitation to apply, uploaded all information about Oct 3rd. Approval letter from MPNP 23rd December 2011.
Application sent to Nova Scotia 21/02/12-received 02/03/12 and credit card payment 15/03/12.

I have nothing more so far
Old Mar 17th 2012, 11:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

Hi

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi, Im not exactly sure how to start threads so hopefully this will work out okay!!

Would love to hear others timelines from outside Canada for PNP/PR as there are threads for applications from within Canada. Just wondering if there is a major difference in timescales since the changes in applications having to go to Nova Scotia first.

Exploratory visit September 2011 and invitation to apply, uploaded all information about Oct 3rd. Approval letter from MPNP 23rd December 2011.
Application sent to Nova Scotia 21/02/12-received 02/03/12 and credit card payment 15/03/12.

1. Next is the Positive/Negative eligibility review a couple of months to get to you.
2. Then off to London for about 18 months processing for 80% of the applications.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi PMM,

Thanks so much, thats good to know, fingers crossed it hits the % of the 20% thats shorter...can't help hoping hey?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 7:52 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice
Exclamation Re: timescales for PNP/ Pr applications from outside Canada

You took my advice ; )

We received an invite for an Exploratory visit on the 17/3/2011. We had the Exploratory Visit from 2/9/2011 to 18/9/2011. Interview with an MPNP officer 16/9/2011.
Invitation to Apply received at the interview. Online application for MPNP submitted on 16/10/2011. Confirmation of submitted application received on 17/10/2011.
Approval for nomination letter dated 29/11/2011 received on 23/12/2011. Submitted application for PR on 13/2/2012.
Credit cards charged by Sydney 4/3/2012. Email from Sydney advising us of UCI number, payment receipt and application file number and also that our application is to be transferred to London
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Vettemaster, yes, I took your advice and started the thread!! Yeah!! . Hopefully it will be useful for us all in some form. Congratulations on your application going on to London . It moved really quickly for you , good luck again .
Old Mar 19th 2012, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@PMM: So far I have seen lately way faster processing times from London (mind you that was before the step of Sydney in between..one would think that should rather speed up London?)
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The processing times on the Canadian High Commission London web site is on average 6 months for Provincial Nominees.

On another note, I received my MPNP thumbs up just last week, so now it's Police background check here in the UK and then post everything off to Sydney NS.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:31 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
The processing times on the Canadian High Commission London web site is on average 6 months for Provincial Nominees.

On another note, I received my MPNP thumbs up just last week, so now it's Police background check here in the UK and then post everything off to Sydney NS.
Thanks for the information.

Last edited by vettemaster; Mar 19th 2012 at 6:54 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain and GazGsm1, thats good to know that things could move fairly quickly. Good luck with the rest of your application GazGam1.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, got e mail today from CIC and application considered complete and to be forwarded to London for further processing. YEAH!!!! . Very quick. So, from when it arrived in Nova Scotia only about 20 days in total. Now the wait for next part Happy Days
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 11:27 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Hi, got e mail today from CIC and application considered complete and to be forwarded to London for further processing. YEAH!!!! . Very quick. So, from when it arrived in Nova Scotia only about 20 days in total. Now the wait for next part Happy Days
Great to hear of this news best of luck for the next process.

Andy...
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks so much Andy
Old Apr 1st 2012, 2:48 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

Thanks so much Andy
Now for the long wait
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know, trying to forget on one hand and trying to think of all the things I should be doing just in case on the other hand.... I am hoping to have call for medical somewhere around July/August . However can not even get my number to work yet so probably nothing happening and a little optimistic maybe
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hello, Im new to the forum.

Applied for Nomination - Sept 2008 (got rejected, asked for additional documents, in September 2011 turned out my lawyer did not do paperwork correctly)
Received Nomination - December 2011 (finally!!!)

I got my papework all together in January 2012 and when I checked the website to make sure all was in order, they had changed the rules. FML.

Sent forms to processing centre in Nova Scotia - Mid March 2012.
Received email end of March 2012. The application is deemed as complete and is being forwarded to embassy in London.

CIC website states processing times in London is 18 months(80%). But does anyone know if it is sometimes quicker or quicker for people who have been nominated by the province?
The reason I ask is that the forms I sent with the PR application are pretty much the same as when I sent with the Alberta nominee program. Its like they doing the checks twice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.