Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by 416
From a quick search would that be an ATIP request
For case notes, see the wiki article here:

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Question... for the spreadsheet by received in Mississauga, is this the date they confirm receipt or date package confirmed as delivered by courier?

If it's the date delivered you can add our details as ours was delivered last week:

Application received in Mississauga - Sept 27, 2017
Status - Common Law
Non-Visa Exempt? – British born
Location – Toronto
Old Oct 4th 2017, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Question... for the spreadsheet by received in Mississauga, is this the date they confirm receipt or date package confirmed as delivered by courier?

If it's the date delivered you can add our details as ours was delivered last week:

Application received in Mississauga - Sept 27, 2017
Status - Common Law
Non-Visa Exempt? – British born
Location – Toronto
Its the date you know it was signed for in Mississauga. Added to spreadsheet, please make any future updates on this thread.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

gruffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We are currently filling the forms out for an Outland Application to be on the safe side. We have completed all the forms just doing a quick check of everything, Noticed that form IMM 5669 (Schedule A Background/Deceleration) might need to be filled in by both the principal applicant (which we've done) and the sponsor? She is a Canadian Citizen.

Can anyone please help me, do we both need to fill this form out or is just the principal applicant ok?

Also I've electronically signed this form, do I need to also sign this in ink next to the digital text?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Also....They are asking if we're living together? Not sure how to answer this?

She came to the UK to live with me on a tourist visa in Feb, we then both traveled back to Canada in June so she could get her fiance marriage visa from the UK consulate in Toronto. We both came back to the UK in June and she's going to be staying here till November when she goes back to Canada.

So she's been living with me since Feb, but on tourist and fiance visa, so would this time be considered living together or visiting?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gruffchris
Hi, We are currently filling the forms out for an Outland Application to be on the safe side. We have completed all the forms just doing a quick check of everything, Noticed that form IMM 5669 (Schedule A Background/Deceleration) might need to be filled in by both the principal applicant (which we've done) and the sponsor? She is a Canadian Citizen.

Can anyone please help me, do we both need to fill this form out or is just the principal applicant ok?

Also I've electronically signed this form, do I need to also sign this in ink next to the digital text?
IMM 5669 (aka Schedule A) is only to be completed and sent electronically when requested by CIC after submission of your pack. Their precise wording from the CIC website is:

Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM� 5669]
Don’t submit the Schedule A form with your application.
Fill it out and save an electronic copy.
We’ll tell you when to send it to us through your online account.
Their bold not mine!

It is only for the principal applicant and is meant to be electronically signed and uploaded through the MyCIC portal. Again, the CIC website describes how this works, see here:

Apply to sponsor your spouse, partner or children
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Also....They are asking if we're living together? Not sure how to answer this?

She came to the UK to live with me on a tourist visa in Feb, we then both traveled back to Canada in June so she could get her fiance marriage visa from the UK consulate in Toronto. We both came back to the UK in June and she's going to be staying here till November when she goes back to Canada.

So she's been living with me since Feb, but on tourist and fiance visa, so would this time be considered living together or visiting?
I suspect you are over-thinking this. They are not asking about visa's, only a simple question, so are you living together. Feel pretty binary to me. If you are going to submit the pack before she returns in November, then it will be a 'yes' in the present tense.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I suspect you are over-thinking this. They are not asking about visa's, only a simple question, so are you living together. Feel pretty binary to me. If you are going to submit the pack before she returns in November, then it will be a 'yes' in the present tense.
thank you for the quick response. We probably are overthinking it. Just been triple checking everything so it goes nice and smooth. Thanks for the information.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you for the quick response. We probably are overthinking it. Just been triple checking everything so it goes nice and smooth. Thanks for the information.
Triple checking is a good idea! Maybe get a friend to work through the checklist and all of your forms and attachments, a fresh pair of eyes can spot things you went blind to a long time ago!
Old Oct 10th 2017, 2:18 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Triple checking is a good idea! Maybe get a friend to work through the checklist and all of your forms and attachments, a fresh pair of eyes can spot things you went blind to a long time ago!
Another good suggestion frequently given is review the forms back-to-front... you'd be surprised how much you start to just skim because you know what question comes next!

But fresh eyes is really the best way!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

GeorgeCa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am new to the forum and bellow you can see my info to date.

Sponsor: Canadian living in the UK
Principal Applicant: Trinidad and Tobago Citizen
Dependents: 0
Marital status: Married
Application type: Family sponsorship

From the Online Tool I have the following Info:

Sponsorship Application Status:
Decision Made
1. Application Received on April 15 2017
2. Receipt of application on May 11 2017
3. Started processing the application on May 10 2017
4. May 16 2017 Decision made
---------------------------------------------------------------
Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process
1. Received the application for PR on April 15 2017
2. Started processing application on August 15 2017
3. Medical results have been received.

The medical exam was done on the 10th July. I can see that a few people say that Medical Results status: Passed. Does that mean that my next update will be “4. Medical Exams Passed”? If not what should it be next? Is it normal to take that long?

Many thanks,
George
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeorgeCa
Hi,

I am new to the forum and bellow you can see my info to date.

Sponsor: Canadian living in the UK
Principal Applicant: Trinidad and Tobago Citizen
Dependents: 0
Marital status: Married
Application type: Family sponsorship

From the Online Tool I have the following Info:

Sponsorship Application Status:
Decision Made
1. Application Received on April 15 2017
2. Receipt of application on May 11 2017
3. Started processing the application on May 10 2017
4. May 16 2017 Decision made
---------------------------------------------------------------
Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process
1. Received the application for PR on April 15 2017
2. Started processing application on August 15 2017
3. Medical results have been received.

The medical exam was done on the 10th July. I can see that a few people say that Medical Results status: Passed. Does that mean that my next update will be “4. Medical Exams Passed”? If not what should it be next? Is it normal to take that long?

Many thanks,
George
Which visa office is processing this application now? London or elsewhere? If London, then these timescales are pretty normal, check processing timescales in the spreadsheet link in my signature line.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hurlabrick,

Thank you for the reply.
Where can I find which visa office is processing my application?
I cant find anything on the Online Tool, is there another site? I applied through an immigration lawyer.
What should I expect next and when from your experience?

Many thanks and sorry for the questions.
George
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeorgeCa
Hi Hurlabrick,

Thank you for the reply.
Where can I find which visa office is processing my application?
I cant find anything on the Online Tool, is there another site? I applied through an immigration lawyer.
What should I expect next and when from your experience?

Many thanks and sorry for the questions.
George
It should say in your sponsor approval letter. It is normally the visa office that deals with the nationality of the PA - so not sure about Trinidad, BUT if it were London, you could expect it to take 6 - 9 months from the date of initial receipt in Mississauga (to approval), in which case you can give it until the end of the year before worrying and ordering case notes etc.

The closer to the end, the more you start to worry - as me how I know!!

BUT as you have gone through a lawyer, you must really deal through them.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hurlabrick,

Thank you for all the info.
I checked the sponsor approval letter and it is the Processing Centre in Mississauga. Is that good or bad?

Can you please add my details to the spreadsheet for comparisson.

I may email the lawyer the next couple of weeks for an update.

Thanks again,
George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.