Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 20th 2017, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Thank you for this, was one of the more confusing things of the application.

With that it is done, now I just need the relationship supporting stuff such as letter's etc and I will have it submitted!
Errrrr.... so you have not yet sent your pack in - have I understood that correctly??

I ask because the completion instructions now specifically say to only send in Schedule A (aka IMM5669) when asked to do so by CIC, which is normally 3 / 4 weeks after submission of the pack......
Old Aug 20th 2017, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Beardyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Errrrr.... so you have not yet sent your pack in - have I understood that correctly??

I ask because the completion instructions now specifically say to only send in Schedule A (aka IMM5669) when asked to do so by CIC, which is normally 3 / 4 weeks after submission of the pack......
Yes, ah so I don't need to include it in my pack to send in?

I was told I did need too hence why I was doing so now. Thanks for the response and clearing that up.

Would I have been penalised had I sent it in?
Old Aug 20th 2017, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Under the OLD system (pre 16/12/2016), you did send that form in with the pack (along with an up-front medical and police certificate).

With the 'new' system since 16/12/2016, these three items are specifically only requested after submission by CIC - that was one of the main processing changes. Note that Schedule A is electronically uploaded as well - hence you will need to get your MyCIC set up and linked soon after sending the pack in.

Originally Posted by Beardyman
Would I have been penalised had I sent it in?
Possibly / probably not, but you would have confused them and they would have requested a new one regardless (which would have confused you)!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Trev9865 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trev9865
Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now since our application went to DM and I wonder if you could please give me advice or direction on how to move forward?

Firstly, here's my timeline:
App received: 30/03/17
SA: 27/04/17
Med request: 27/04/17 (meds done on 28/04/17 & showed as received in ecas on 04/05/17)
BG form & police certificate request: 01/05/17
DM: 13/07/17
CL
Via London VO
Outland Application but moved to Canada on 1/05/17 under dual intent.

As you can see this is a very quick timeline from application to DM for London.

My concern is, I was missing a police certificate from South Africa which took forever to get to me, however I submitted it on the 12/07/17 & the very next day the application went to DM, is this unusual do you think? Since then I've heard nothing from CIC. I know Canada post can take a while, but this seems too long right?
I submitted a webform case enquiry on 10/08/17 as it had been 4 weeks and didn't get a reply. Was is wise to send the webform? Should I send another one today?

I returned to the UK a week ago as I had a return ticket so figured I'd use it as I didn't have the visa yet. I am returning to Canada on the 1/09/17. We were hoping the CoRP would be delivered by the end of this week and my partner would simply courier it to me for next day delivery. This way I could land because I've got a one way ticket booked. I mean there's still time but I'm getting nervous as yet another week ends with nothing from CIC.

My other worry is that MyCIC account, is still showing BGC in process and final decision as in process. Is this normal 5 weeks after DM?

If the CoRP hasn't been delivered by the 1st September and my application is showing DM, can they print the CoRP and land me on arrival? I've heard of this happening but what are the chances when we don't know if it's been approved or not?

I'm going stir crazy waiting and I wondered if anyone can shed some light into my situation and offer advice as to what I should do next please.

Thank you for your help!
UPDATE:
After my email last Thursday I had a response from London VO on Friday saying my application had been approved and passed on for the CoPR to be printed. Great news!! This morning MyCIC changed to BGC completed and final decision to approved. There was also a copy of the letter which will be be attached to the CoPR.

So my question is if it doesn't arrive in time for my partner to mail to me, I should be okay to use the letter to prove to CBSA that my application has been approved and I should be OK to enter with a one way ticket and hopefully land me there and then?

Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

So my question is if it doesn't arrive in time for my partner to mail to me, I should be okay to use the letter to prove to CBSA that my application has been approved and I should be OK to enter with a one way ticket and hopefully land me there and then?
Good new, congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.

I am sure others will chime in on your questions, but without the actual CoPR in hand, as I see it there are two problems.

1. Being allowed to board the flight to Canada. You must have a valid and current ETA or a CoPR. Trouble is, technically as you have now been approved, they may have cancelled your ETA. You should check the status of your ETA a day or two before the flight (you can do that on the CIC website).

2. Once you actually arrive at the border. There have been reports that CBSA have printed the CoPR locally, but I am not sure whether this can be relied on. There is a serving CBSA officer on this forum, hopefully he can reply, but I get the feeling it is 'hit and miss'.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You may have to enter as a visitor and then go to the border / make an appointment at an inland office to become a PR. That was the experience of someone I know recently.

Another option is to delay the return until you have your COPR in hand.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

kathleennz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Just a quick question, we can't seem to log into Ecas and not too sure Why? Is it necessary if we can log onto the CIC website?

I have been approved as a sponsor, the section a and police report were asked for and we uploaded on July 24th. We would have thought we'd have been asked for a medical or have heard something by now?

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE:
After my email last Thursday I had a response from London VO on Friday saying my application had been approved and passed on for the CoPR to be printed. Great news!! This morning MyCIC changed to BGC completed and final decision to approved. There was also a copy of the letter which will be be attached to the CoPR.

Thanks
There are several ways at looking at this.

1. IRCC (CIC) is the primary agency that deals with issuance of COPR forms under all streams. From a CBSA perspective on entering Canada is WHY are you not in possession of it?

2. An applicant should never assume that CBSA will allow them entry without the COPR in hand knowing that the person in front of them has been approved and that the COPR is in the process of being issued.

3. Is there a reason why you can't wait for the COPR to be issued and arrive in Canada with it in hand?

How you choose to proceed is your decision.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with FL that travelling without could lead to complications.

As FL says ... your choice.

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 22nd 2017 at 10:26 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kathleennz
Hi All,

Just a quick question, we can't seem to log into Ecas and not too sure Why? Is it necessary if we can log onto the CIC website?

I have been approved as a sponsor, the section a and police report were asked for and we uploaded on July 24th. We would have thought we'd have been asked for a medical or have heard something by now?

Thanks for your help!
Spreadsheet updated.

ECAS is the crude fore-runner to MyCIC. If you can log into MyCIC and have your application linked, that is all you need.

I too would have thought you would have heard about the medical by now. Might be worth raising a case specific query (here):

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx
Old Aug 24th 2017, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

L0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond repute

Have you managed to log in now?

Our medical was requested a week before the schedule A and the police record. All were requested in our mycic dashboard.

Originally Posted by kathleennz
Hi All,

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 24th 2017, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked online tonight on the On-Line Services and status has changed to 'Decision Made.'

Checked MyCIC and it states that

Background check 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

Final decision 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.'

SOOOOO... that means someone won the bet!!!!! August it is.

Now does that mean that Immigration will expect me to 'land' next week when I fly out with family? or will I do it on a later trip? Wife and family moving out on Wed. I am going out for 3 weeks, then coming home for a while to tidy up a few things.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 12:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Just checked online tonight on the On-Line Services and status has changed to 'Decision Made.'

Background check 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.'

Final decision 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.'

Now does that mean that Immigration will expect me to 'land' next week when I fly out with family? or will I do it on a later trip? Wife and family moving out on Wed. I am going out for 3 weeks, then coming home for a while to tidy up a few things.
You won't be able to 'land' until you have received your COPR.

Do please check that your Eta is still valid!

Old Aug 25th 2017, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated. Surprised it took Ottawa as long as it did!

As regards landing please see here:

Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Your CoPR will have an expiry date, which is usually 1 year from the date of the medical. You must land and declare PR by this date.

There are two landings, one to 'land to declare PR' (sort out the PR) and another to 'land as settler' (sort out the customs goods accompanying / goods to follow). You can either do both on the same landing, or PR first, return to the UK then land as settler once you have sold up.

If you want to 'land as PR' on this coming trip, you will need a Canadian address to tell them to send the card to (relative / friend?), they can then courier it to you. Will take 2 / 3 months to actually arrive at that address. BUT you cvannot do this until you actually have the paper CoPR in your hand (mine took 3 days, others have taken longer).
Old Aug 25th 2017, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

L0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond reputeL0VE has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.