Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 28th 2016, 1:05 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by UKfireman
Mine has taken just over 1 month ( yes that isn't a typo). Applied under common law, application received 21st October in Mississauga , got an email (CPCO final request for documents on 17th November ) posted photos and copy of passport to Canadian high commission London on 21st October
Email today 28th Novmeber from CIC saying COPR approved � ����

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I will add you to the spreadsheet when I get home this evening (admin tools don't work properly when I access it through my work internet connection).

There is a link to the tracking spreadsheet for spousal applications via London in my signature line below.
That's insanely fast. For sure your application went to Ottawa - as evidenced by your comment of "CPCO" requesting documents, which I believe is the case processing centre in Ottawa. I've just taken a guess at your sponsor approval date since we can't leave it blank. Did your SO check her spam folders as well? Often CIC's emails end up there.

I've added you to the spreadsheet (also in my signature as well as Hurl's!)... thanks for contributing and hopefully people don't hate you too much for the insanely fast timeline!

Originally Posted by UKfireman
I do have one question though for you knowledgable people ;

since I have conditional permanent residence , they say I have to 'cohabit' with my partner for two years after the day on which they become permanent resident . Now we live together here in the UK, Going back at Christmas to visit relatives and I plan on landing to activate PR to get it out the way. I take it they don't mean live together in Canada for two years after they day I land? Confusing wording. Also what do I do once we are married next year? Do I just inform them ? Thanks again guys
Living together in the UK is totally fine. The current government is in the process of repealing the conditional PR anyway and it will be retroactive, so you likely don't need to stress about it. But yeah, if you're living togeher in the UK, even after you've landed, you're good to go.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yours won't have been via London though if it was processed that quickly. I don't think there's a timeline thread for Ottawa though!

Congrats.
No Ottawa-specific one, but our London one tracks British applicants who get sent to Ottawa instead. I think CanadaVisa has an Ottawa-specific one though for all applications who get sent to Ottawa.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Hey Guys

I've had a My CIC update. My final decision now says 'This application has been approved.' Lovely to see!

I have had two letters:

1) A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was
received by IRCC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent
residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were
in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their
sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Am I right in thinking this stipulation may well be removed soon by the current government and will be retroactively applied?

2) You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or
IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR.
Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.

This is a very long letter but I am very excited! I haven't received COPR in the post yet and the two forms are one for me and one for Canadian immigration?

Hopefully any day now.
Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Hey Guys

I've had a My CIC update. My final decision now says 'This application has been approved.' Lovely to see!

I have had two letters:

1) A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was
received by IRCC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent
residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were
in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their
sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Am I right in thinking this stipulation may well be removed soon by the current government and will be retroactively applied?

2) You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or
IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR.
Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.

This is a very long letter but I am very excited! I haven't received COPR in the post yet and the two forms are one for me and one for Canadian immigration?

Hopefully any day now.
Congratulations, after the angst you have been through recently! Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR so we can close off your entry......
Old Nov 28th 2016, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Will do. In theory I should have it any day now. I don't want to celebrate properly until I get it in my hands.

The letter on My CIC says I have until 7th July 2017 to land but am already planning to leave on February 2nd.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

Posting this here as well as on the other site:

Okay i have a question.... ;D So basically i was wondering what would be the issue if i were to visit my wife in Canada for say 2 to 3 months whilst our application is still in process.... with me still working for my current employer in UK (listed as working from home) using laptop to connect back to UK employers network and continue working and supporting employer and client.... I am not being payed by a Canadian employer or taking and Canadian work.... would this be okay? any thoughts or advice welcome
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dminty

Okay i have a question.... ;D So basically i was wondering what would be the issue if i were to visit my wife in Canada for say 2 to 3 months whilst our application is still in process.... with me still working for my current employer in UK (listed as working from home) using laptop to connect back to UK employers network and continue working and supporting employer and client.... I am not being payed by a Canadian employer or taking and Canadian work.... would this be okay? any thoughts or advice welcome
Yep, this is fine. As long as you are:
a) still fully employed by the UK employer
b) are receiving UK funds into a UK bank account
c) not servicing any Canadian clients
d) not taking work away from any Canadians

Then you should be fine.

I would suggest also posting this in the main Immigration section, though, as I would want to get Former Lancastrian's opinion just to be sure. But in theory this should be fine.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dminty

This is exactly what I am doing while waiting for PR in Canada. If you cross over into the USA and back again, expect to be asked what you are doing to support yourself by the Canadian side...they will most likely ask you a few questions inside the border crossing office, just explain you are waiting for PR. I take a copy of my Sponsor Approval letter with me every time I cross over.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Delighted to say that I have now received my COPR in the post today. I am absolutely delighted and cannot thank everyone on this site enough. It really has been an invaluable resource both literally and emotionally (at times.)

Thanks so much. I appreciate that my timeline has been relatively quick in the grand scheme of things and I am just so grateful my application was put in the Ottawa pile.

I have received the two copies of the form and a print out of the letter I downloaded on My CIC.

No goods to follow forms? Should I have been sent these?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Delighted to say that I have now received my COPR in the post today. I am absolutely delighted and cannot thank everyone on this site enough. It really has been an invaluable resource both literally and emotionally (at times.)

Thanks so much. I appreciate that my timeline has been relatively quick in the grand scheme of things and I am just so grateful my application was put in the Ottawa pile.

I have received the two copies of the form and a print out of the letter I downloaded on My CIC.

Congratulations!!

The 'goods to follow' forms are not issued by CIC, they are for customs. You can download them here: BSF186 – Personal Effects Accounting Document

The CIC website has a helpful page for this
Before you arrive: Prepare to move - Crossing the border: documents you need

And the Wiki: Goods To Follow-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Congrats again!!

Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated

No, they don't send those. You can make your own list up or easily download a PDF. I have made up my own spreadsheet in the same style as the PDF so the dollar values are auto-calculated.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that guys; I had no idea. Thanks again to you all and I wish everyone still waiting God speed.

I'll be over for good in early February.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Yep, this is fine. As long as you are:
a) still fully employed by the UK employer
b) are receiving UK funds into a UK bank account
c) not servicing any Canadian clients
d) not taking work away from any Canadians

Then you should be fine.

I would suggest also posting this in the main Immigration section, though, as I would want to get Former Lancastrian's opinion just to be sure. But in theory this should be fine.
That is correct. I would provide proof of this just in case you have an over zealous officer.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

dminty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
That is correct. I would provide proof of this just in case you have an over zealous officer.
Thank you both! All i have to do now is talk my employer round to allow me to "Work from home" they know that i will be leaving soon, and they will be replacing me, but i think i can add more value to them if they agree to my proposal, which means i would still be earning whilst "waiting" in Canada, then once its all completed, i can come back and work notice and just tie up some loose ends etc... Now how do i convince my employer that this is just what they need to do... wish me luck
Old Dec 1st 2016, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question

I landed in June just on a landing visit to activate my PR and returned to the UK the next day. I have since received my PR card (couriered to the UK).

In June the customs person at the airport took and signed off my Goods Accompanying, but said I can wait until I actually move to have my Goods to Follow stamped and registered. I am moving later this month, and will be bringing everything with me.

So regarding my 'Goods to Follow'. Will I have to collect my baggage as I did in June (I have an onward connecting flight), go through the customs section, have my forms checked and then check my baggage back in for my second flight? Or can I just go through to my final airport? Or can I have my Goods to Follow checked without having to collect the luggage?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. Quick question about moving out to Canada. This might be a silly one...Will I need travel insurance? How will doctors, dentists, hospitals etc work? And can I get an international license to drive my partner's car?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.