Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 25th 2016, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Quick question guys. Finally been able to submit IMM5409 within my 30 day time limit. I did this on the My CIC portal and after clicking the upload button the document status reads as follows: 'Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC'.

I know i'm being paranoid but I presume this means I was successful uploading the form and the accompanying evidence? (I was also definitely under the file limit size)

Any opinions guys?!

Secondly, in my letter from the immigration people it asked me to reply to the email but this came from a 'do not reply' email address. I have replied to that and haven't had anything bounce back. Yet.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

AKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond reputeAKB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Great forum with so much information - it's nice to know that others are going through the same thing!

The Timeline for Family Class Sponsorship via London is really useful. I would like to add our information to it if possible. Can anyone let me know how I go about doing so?

Thanks.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

So, slight pickle. I received PR confirmation on Friday 14th October but haven't received COPR yet. I took the liberty of applying for jobs already as I'm currently in Toronto. I just got a call back today and told them I have status and can work. I'm now worried COPR won't come in time.

Can I flagpole with COPR and land somehow? I.e. do the border guards have digital receipt of my confirmed status? Or do I really need to wait for COPR before I can flagpole?
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hey all,

So, slight pickle. I received PR confirmation on Friday 14th October but haven't received COPR yet. I took the liberty of applying for jobs already as I'm currently in Toronto. I just got a call back today and told them I have status and can work. I'm now worried COPR won't come in time.

Can I flagpole with COPR and land somehow? I.e. do the border guards have digital receipt of my confirmed status? Or do I really need to wait for COPR before I can flagpole?
You can get them to print it out for you (they *should* be able to do this). Pop over the border and back again or go to the CIC office.

Congratulations on PR

Last edited by HighCeiling; Oct 25th 2016 at 7:31 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HighCeiling
You can get them to print it out for you (they *should* be able to do this). Pop over the border and back again or go to the CIC office.

Congratulations on PR
Sorry I meant to say "without the COPR".

Thank you!

Just called the CIC call centre and they seem pretty certain that you need to wait for the hard copy COPR in the mail before landing :/

Last edited by CReg91; Oct 25th 2016 at 8:27 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beezeroo
Hi,

Great forum with so much information - it's nice to know that others are going through the same thing!

The Timeline for Family Class Sponsorship via London is really useful. I would like to add our information to it if possible. Can anyone let me know how I go about doing so?

Thanks.
Have a look at the spreadsheet and let us have that information.

So date you app received in Mississauga, Married or common law, date sponsor approved (if it has been), if sponsor approved which office they sent it to, nationality of the principal applicant and where you are currently living.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

faisal18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all
Today I received an email that they want my personal interview
Can anybody tell me what are the questions in the interview if someone has experienced for it.

thanks
Old Oct 25th 2016, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hey all,

Well depending on the CBSA officer you might encounter the 1st question I would be asking is 'Where are your COPR forms"? If I found out you were just issued confirmation of those forms and there has been no substantial delay in receiving them then I would be reluctant to print them off at the POE as that is going against the CIC programme integrity.
Don't think CBSA will just issue them without a valid reason. Not being able to wait for them within normal timeframes is not a good enough reason for me.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well depending on the CBSA officer you might encounter the 1st question I would be asking is 'Where are your COPR forms"? If I found out you were just issued confirmation of those forms and there has been no substantial delay in receiving them then I would be reluctant to print them off at the POE as that is going against the CIC programme integrity.
Don't think CBSA will just issue them without a valid reason. Not being able to wait for them within normal timeframes is not a good enough reason for me.
Well that makes sense. I think I'll play it safe and just wait a little longer for the COPR. Hopefully I won't hear back from the job before then!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Quick question guys. Finally been able to submit IMM5409 within my 30 day time limit. I did this on the My CIC portal and after clicking the upload button the document status reads as follows: 'Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC'.

I know i'm being paranoid but I presume this means I was successful uploading the form and the accompanying evidence? (I was also definitely under the file limit size)

Any opinions guys?!

Secondly, in my letter from the immigration people it asked me to reply to the email but this came from a 'do not reply' email address. I have replied to that and haven't had anything bounce back. Yet.
Just bumping this guys as I think it's about to get lost.

Does anyone have any experience of uploading documents via My CIC or have an email address I could use for sending the form to other than the 'donotreply' address my email was sent from?

Cheers
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Any opinions guys?!

Just bumping this guys as I think it's about to get lost.

Does anyone have any experience of uploading documents via My CIC or have an email address I could use for sending the form to other than the 'donotreply' address my email was sent from?

Cheers
Presuming that the letter came from Ottawa, you can use this:

5. I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: [email protected]

Case Processing Centre: Ottawa, Ontario (there's also a fax number I believe).

Make sure you put your reference number and name in the subject line - and that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) in the body, to help identify the application.

From what I have read elsewhere, 'uploaded but not submitted' is not good news. I don't know if this is of help, but there's step by step directions on how to do this on the CIC website here > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...num=326&top=23 and here > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...pic.asp?top=23

You can also send them using the webform (case specific enquiry): https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...e-cas-eng.aspx

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 26th 2016 at 8:37 am.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for your help.

I have submitted an email direct TO Ottawa and then returned to My CIC. The online instructions are not compelete remarkably.

I followed all of them and still had the message 'UploadEd - not submitted to IRCC'. What isn't clear on the portal is that you have to continue by pressing 'Next' hidden from view down at the bottom. I Know this now sounds dumb but it honestly wasn't obvious - especially with that status message.

When pressing 'Next' you have an option to submit the document(s).

All now submitted.

Thanks as always for the help.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:45 am
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I got my COPR in the post today! What a good feeling after the wait and it being sent back to the LVO. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. Fingers crossed for you all. Q
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BelBris
Hi All, I got my COPR in the post today! What a good feeling after the wait and it being sent back to the LVO. Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. Fingers crossed for you all. Q

Congratulations! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

letsgo2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was finally movement on my account today and unfortunately it was a request for further (and the same) information. They want another UK police cert, which was supplied and fine when we applied, and they also want a repeat of Schedule A, with personal addresses since my partner was 18. The form says for the last ten years or since you were 18 whichever is less, which is what we gave. As my partner is 58 they have specifically asked for address since October 1979! Frustrating to say the least but it has to be done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.