Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Yay so after seeing DM on Ecas on Monday and after having no e-mail or communication from London at all my COPR arrived on Friday... So no need for new passport photos... Happy days.....

Just one last observation even though my Medical runs out on the 28th September 2016. In my COPR I have until 21/07/2017 to activate my PR....
Old Jul 30th 2016, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Just one last observation even though my Medical runs out on the 28th September 2016. In my COPR I have until 21/07/2017 to activate my PR....
Has this happened to other people? I had to get out there pretty quick for a 2 day visit as I don't plan on moving until the end of the year.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yay so after seeing DM on Ecas on Monday and after having no e-mail or communication from London at all my COPR arrived on Friday... So no need for new passport photos... Happy days.....

What does the COPR form state regarding medical? Its possible IRCC extended the medical so it would still be valid until 21/07/2017.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
What does the COPR form state regarding medical? Its possible IRCC extended the medical so it would still be valid until 21/07/2017.

Yes that was my point clearly have done that as in the form it says issued on 21/07/2016 valid till 21/07/2017
Old Jul 30th 2016, 9:36 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Updated! Clearly CIC decided to just extend your medicals, so that's a bonus. And yeah not everyone is asked for photos, someone was asking about that recently. glad it's all done now, happy landing!
Old Jul 31st 2016, 2:25 am
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Huge thanks to all of you giving insight and advice on this forum. It's been really helpful as we put together our application!

Here's our information for the spreadsheet:

Spousal sponsorship (common-law)
Sponsor: Canadian citizen by descent
Sponsored person: British citizen
Country of residence: Hong Kong

We used the country specific instructions for China/Hong Kong; we're still not sure if they'll send our application to London?

Date application arrived in Mississauga: 13/07/2016
Date email acknowledgment received: 31/07/2016

Now comes the year-long anxious wait...
Old Jul 31st 2016, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

llysmabley is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on the COPR. Wish we could say the same. Decision Made May 12th - still nothing. Still no reply to any emails. Still hoping.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 12:03 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llysmabley
Congratulations on the COPR. Wish we could say the same. Decision Made May 12th - still nothing. Still no reply to any emails. Still hoping.
Have you contacted your MP????????
Old Jul 31st 2016, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Have you contacted your MP????????
Yes, several times, but was told the MP can't get involved personally with immigration matters. His assistants have been very helpful, but seem only to be able to access through Ottawa. The comment from Ottawa via MPs assistant for the first set of photos sent was "they are not saying they have not received them, only they can't locate them. Hence a second lot was sent. This time we hear that there has been no acknowledgement of receiving second set. Sent it registered, so know London received them.

Have never had any queries from LVO about application, just email stating Decision Made and requesting 2 photos. London won't answer any case-specific emails. Have asked someone in the Consular Office there to pass on our email(which she said she had done.) Have sent another email to her but so far no reply (could be holiday time.)

Have now sent a letter to John McCallum as this is the only thing we could think of doing. There is a new head of the London Office (consul/ambassador) so if nothing next week will try that route. If anyone can suggest anything else we can do - would love to hear it.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 9:46 pm
Concierge

Did you try emailing directly using the email in the FAQ? Put "URGENT" in the subject, that often can help. I'm surprised your MP is saying he can't help... I assume you are contacting a Canadian MP and not a UK one? (Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question but it's happened before!)

It might be worth contacting an MP in a neighbouring riding if yours is being useless, though if the assistants are helping then that's soemthing. They do definitely help with personal immigration matters for family class, that's why we suggest it in cases like yours.

Fingers crossed someone hears something soon... I feel awful for you!
Old Aug 1st 2016, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Did you try emailing directly using the email in the FAQ? Put "URGENT" in the subject, that often can help. I'm surprised your MP is saying he can't help... I assume you are contacting a Canadian MP and not a UK one? (Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question but it's happened before!)

It might be worth contacting an MP in a neighbouring riding if yours is being useless, though if the assistants are helping then that's something. They do definitely help with personal immigration matters for family class, that's why we suggest it in cases like yours.
Yes it was a Canadian MP. It did cross my mind that London might have lost the file! Will see what next week brings and hope something happens. Dual intent has expired, and medical just about to. Have asked them about the medical, but no reply. Will just keep hoping.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Yes it was a Canadian MP. It did cross my mind that London might have lost the file! Will see what next week brings and hope something happens. Dual intent has expired, and medical just about to. Have asked them about the medical, but no reply. Will just keep hoping.
Errrr have you renewed your visitor status online?! You don't have implied status.... you need to renew online assuming you are in Canada...
Old Aug 1st 2016, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Errrr have you renewed your visitor status online?! You don't have implied status.... you need to renew online assuming you are in Canada...
Have renewed it by mail along with online receipt for $100. Haven't had any reply yet, but assume spouse can stay on implied status???
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Have renewed it by mail along with online receipt for $100. Haven't had any reply yet, but assume spouse can stay on implied status???
Ah yes, ok. If you have sent an application for renewal, then yes, you do have implied status. All good!
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Does any one know if the photos for permanent residence and passport photos are the same or have they been changed within the last 6 months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.