Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 4th 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Well i sent my spousal application in feb 22nd heard back on 17th march as i had forgotten some things. Had to wait 5 weeks to be able to finish it as my husband wasnt at his house, then the volcano hit and it finally got back to the centre yesterday. Now am waiting for them to check my couple things which hopefully wont take too long, then i will have to wait for it to go to London....am very annoyed with myself, but these things happen. I know i will get to be in canada for good soon, just not sure how soon.

I wish everyone luck and am very jealous of those people always having had their PR.
Old May 6th 2010, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

banther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canadiangirl80
Our timeline:

Sent to Mississauga: 11 Mar 2010
Rec'd by Mississauga: 12 Mar 2010
Sponsorship approved: 06 Apr 2010
PR started processing in London: 22 Apr 2010

Commonlaw PR application, I'm currently in Canada and BF is in England

Known each other for 13 years, dated for 3 1/2, lived together for 2.

Good luck everyone!
canadiangirl80 our timeline is identical. London started processing my PR app on April 22 so will be interesting to see how you get on

Good Luck
Old May 7th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

Have had Decision Made, but have to wait for the letter...

I hope its good news...and very nervous, all i want is to be with my hubby
Old May 7th 2010, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louiseeg
Have had Decision Made, but have to wait for the letter...

I hope its good news...and very nervous, all i want is to be with my hubby
We had our Decision made the same day they started to work on it in Mississauga according to E-cas. The London end seems to be taking a bit more time for us. Good luck loiseeg hope your letter is good news.
Old May 9th 2010, 4:07 am
Just Joined

canadiangirl80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by banther
canadiangirl80 our timeline is identical. London started processing my PR app on April 22 so will be interesting to see how you get on

Good Luck
Good luck to you too! Does your ecas show that they've received the medicals yet? Mine doesn't. I keep checking other people on trackitt and I haven't seen any approvals for a while
Old May 9th 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

I did my medicals way back in december, and i have my immigration file number and can check my application on E-cas I will point out that logging in as my partner my "In Process" status isn't linked to his details. Its not said anywhere that my medical has been received.

On the trackitt website people have put that information down. I've looked and as far as i can see other than sending off the 1 page i was given while doing the medical it should all have been sent to london and there should be no issue. There are a few people who applied late last year who haven't been processed yet then there is me in January. I'll only get worried when people start getting processed after me in large number.

L and C
Old May 10th 2010, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

banther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canadiangirl80
Good luck to you too! Does your ecas show that they've received the medicals yet? Mine doesn't. I keep checking other people on trackitt and I haven't seen any approvals for a while
Yes my e-Cas shows 'Medical results have been received' and has done ever since it changed to 'In Process'

This e-Cas thing seems to vary from one person to the next, not much consistency
Old May 10th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

I am slowly starting to lose the will to live!
PR app in process in London from March 10, 2010
On Wednesday 12th of May it will be 2 months. I know it doesn't seem too long but it appears so many people lately have been getting ppr in 3-4 weeks, which is very disheartening.

We are hoping to leave the first week of July which doesn't give us much time to get PPR! We do live close to London so plan on bringing passport in person.

We thought our app was quite straightforward but obviously not! We had a request for additional documents 5 weeks ago which they received back 3 days later. Something we forgot to send, d'oh!

I have been stuck in the UK for 2 years working in a job I am way over-qualified for and I am slowly pulling my hair out - want to get back so I am stimulated and learning again - not bored! This damn immigration is really putting a lot of strain on hubby and me, and our relationship!

We just want to start planning our life in Canada, applying for jobs, looking for flats, etc...!

I am hoping and praying we hear this week!
Old May 11th 2010, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FStone
On Wednesday 12th of May it will be 2 months. I know it doesn't seem too long but it appears so many people lately have been getting ppr in 3-4 weeks, which is very disheartening.

We are hoping to leave the first week of July which doesn't give us much time to get PPR! We do live close to London so plan on bringing passport in person.

We thought our app was quite straightforward but obviously not! We had a request for additional documents 5 weeks ago which they received back 3 days later. Something we forgot to send, d'oh!

I have been stuck in the UK for 2 years working in a job I am way over-qualified for and I am slowly pulling my hair out - want to get back so I am stimulated and learning again - not bored! This damn immigration is really putting a lot of strain on hubby and me, and our relationship!

We just want to start planning our life in Canada, applying for jobs, looking for flats, etc...!

I know how you feel, except i've been out of work for a bit and hoping that the move to Canada will sort that. London seems to be processing slowly as far as i can see ours started 26th Feb in London according to E-CAS.

Best of luck with your application hope you get your PPR with enough time before you fly out.

L and C
Old May 11th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

luckyjon is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you both feel, London started processing my PR on March 26th, so not as long ago as you, FStone, but watching everyone else get theirs makes me wonder why I'm so different!

My girlfriend moved back to Canada in March too, so it's really frustrating now knowing when I'll see her again - as I'm sure LandC will agree.

Maybe they are making us extra-special visas!
Old May 12th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

may_bettesworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

And so the waiting begins!

Sent app to Missisauga today!

Lets hope we hear soon!
Old May 13th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

and finally, i get my application approved an its on the way to LONDON...WHOOOP WHOOOP..hope its not long now, have been waiting long enough...
Old May 13th 2010, 9:41 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louiseeg
and finally, i get my application approved an its on the way to LONDON...WHOOOP WHOOOP..hope its not long now, have been waiting long enough...
Congrats!!!

As for the others, i'm not sure where you get your 3-4 week turnaround times from. Mine was 3 months end to end and it seems that's becoming the norm so you have time yet.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

FStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really niceFStone is just really nice

LandC and luckyjon,

For the applicant, did they live in any other countries? I am assuming what is taking so long is the background check.

My hubby is British and born in the UK and has lived in Australia for a year. He also lived in Canada for 5.5 months, so we didn't need to get a police cert for that, but I assume that they will still look into his time there. However, in the UK he has about 15 addresses since he was 18 (moving every year at Uni and travelling with his job, having to move frequently)! I hear they have to do a bg check on each and every address. Hopefully this is what is holding us up and should be in soon?

Are you guys similar to us???
Old May 13th 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

LandC and luckyjon,

For the applicant, did they live in any other countries? I am assuming what is taking so long is the background check.

My hubby is British and born in the UK and has lived in Australia for a year. He also lived in Canada for 5.5 months, so we didn't need to get a police cert for that, but I assume that they will still look into his time there. However, in the UK he has about 15 addresses since he was 18 (moving every year at Uni and travelling with his job, having to move frequently)! I hear they have to do a bg check on each and every address. Hopefully this is what is holding us up and should be in soon?

Are you guys similar to us???

Hi Fstone,
i'm british born in Nottingham and brought up in Scotland, i've only made brief visit out of the county for a few weeks Holland for 3 weeks and Iceland for 10 days. As for addresses i live in Nottingham till i was 4 moved to Glasgow for 6 years and then lived with my parents till going to university. Even at university i was registered to vote etc... at my parents address so my Home address didn't change, the only other place, is where i currently live with my partner. I don't think there is an issue doing a Background check on myself and as far as i can see it should be straight forward, I think some people got lucky at the start of the year for very fast processing and we are back to the normal speed of 3-5months. I know this really sucks but fingers crossed for everyone that we get our Passport requests soon.

L and C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.