Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 30th 2016, 3:06 pm
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by EcoShaun
We're not all so lucky with Ottawa, I was first of the latest batch but still "In Progress" since December. Is there a way to query my application with CIC?

I thought these would be processed more or less in order received, unless further information is requested (which it hasn't been). Only non-standard thing in our application that I can think of is us living in Australia for a while a few years ago.
EcoShaun,

That just follows no rhyme or reason, why is it that all of Nov 2015 Ottawa should get processed in a batch and they not go on a first in first out approach and tackle your app!?!

We're talking about a few weeks variance, between yours and the Nov crew... i've just given up trying to predict its clear they do whatever they feel like on the day!
Old Mar 30th 2016, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kingbsy
We sent mine off on 19th Jan we received it back on the 29th Feb so about 4-5 weeks is normal.

Hows yours going?
They received my application on the 23 Feb and I'm still waiting.. Hoping to receive it fairly soon!
Old Mar 31st 2016, 11:47 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Dear All,

I just received communication from LDNimmigration. They are asking for the CSQ (despite already sending this in a case specific enquiry, before they asked for it) and an updated personal history from March 2015.

Anyone else who applied through Quebec did you receive anything like this and if so did you have to send the Original CSQ or did a scan//photocopy suffice?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31st 2016, 3:26 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

I just received communication from LDNimmigration. They are asking for the CSQ (despite already sending this in a case specific enquiry, before they asked for it) and an updated personal history from March 2015.

Anyone else who applied through Quebec did you receive anything like this and if so did you have to send the Original CSQ or did a scan//photocopy suffice?

Thanks!

Spreadsheet updated, sorry I can't help answer your questions too. Good luck
Old Mar 31st 2016, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

Thanks!
They usually specify how you should send the requested documents. If the communication (an email?) doesn't specify sending original docs by mail, and postal address to send them too, a scan should suffice.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 4:17 pm
Mon Dieu!

Originally Posted by Shirtback
They usually specify how you should send the requested documents. If the communication (an email?) doesn't specify sending original docs by mail, and postal address to send them too, a scan should suffice.
Dear Kingsby,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles

Schedule A: Please provide details of your personal history from 2015 to date. It is not necessary to fully complete a new form. Please only provide an updated page 2.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

This is the main block of text in the email .pdf attachment - it doesnt really specify and the problem with the CSQ is you need the original for Quebec to gain access to gov programs etc So want to try and avoid giving it up to London if im unlikely to see it again....
Old Mar 31st 2016, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Kingsby,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles

Schedule A: Please provide details of your personal history from 2015 to date. It is not necessary to fully complete a new form. Please only provide an updated page 2.

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

This is the main block of text in the email .pdf attachment - it doesnt really specify and the problem with the CSQ is you need the original for Quebec to gain access to gov programs etc So want to try and avoid giving it up to London if im unlikely to see it again....
Send a scan of the CSQ.

Normally, when Qc accepts your application, & sends you your CSQ, they also send one to CIC. At least that's SUPPOSED to be how the system works . Check the email & PDF very carefully to make sure they haven't asked you for the original document. I suspect they haven't, as it would be clearly spelt out. Send a scan.

You are right in thinking you shouldn't give up the original document sent to you.

It's possibly that you are ahead of CIC who haven't yet received their notification/transmission of your CSQ.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Wizardoffire is an unknown quantity at this point

Im landing tomorrow, but unsure if I need a goods list. I've been living in Canada the last few years. I went back to the UK for Easter. The clothes, my laptop I brought with me to the Uk do I need to record those? Thats all Im bringing back. Im also not bringing any goods back with me that will arrive at a later time
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys does anyone know if cic ever update ecas with any other information apart from medical results recieved... Do they ever say police checks complete or anything of the like? Or do they simply just move from inprocess to Decision made?
Old Apr 1st 2016, 11:11 am
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Hi Guys does anyone know if cic ever update ecas with any other information apart from medical results recieved... Do they ever say police checks complete or anything of the like? Or do they simply just move from inprocess to Decision made?
Mine went to "In process" on the 21st of March and when I clicked the underlined link it just said:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2015.
2. Medical results have been received.

But I've just checked again today and now they've added a new line:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 29, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

So they've added it to mine. I'm not sure what the difference between "In process" and "We started processing your application..." is. Anyone know?
Old Apr 1st 2016, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wizardoffire
Im landing tomorrow, but unsure if I need a goods list. I've been living in Canada the last few years. I went back to the UK for Easter. The clothes, my laptop I brought with me to the Uk do I need to record those? Thats all Im bringing back. Im also not bringing any goods back with me that will arrive at a later time
Just a list of goods accompanying is sufficient. Just inform CBSA you are landing and have no other goods to follow. CBSA will fill out the B4 form.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rtoddpm
Mine went to "In process" on the 21st of March and when I clicked the underlined link it just said:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2015.
2. Medical results have been received.

But I've just checked again today and now they've added a new line:

1.We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on March 29, 2016.
3. Medical results have been received.

So they've added it to mine. I'm not sure what the difference between "In process" and "We started processing your application..." is. Anyone know?
I don't know if there's a difference but mine had all three lines, including "We started processing your application on Feb 11", as soon as they received the application.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like a suitable place to ask this question.

We are just finalising our outland common-law application and I seem to have found a supplementary travel information form (IMM 5562) I don't see this being asked for anywhere in the check lists, do either of us need to fill this out?
Old Apr 1st 2016, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Twist, as far as I am aware you only need the IMM 5562 if you are applying through the Paris office. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong...
Old Apr 1st 2016, 8:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
This seems like a suitable place to ask this question.

We are just finalising our outland common-law application and I seem to have found a supplementary travel information form (IMM 5562) I don't see this being asked for anywhere in the check lists, do either of us need to fill this out?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf Western Europe [IMM 3901] (PDF, 585.72 KB) (Country specific Instructions)

If you open this document checklist and guide (which you should have as it's part of the package and required), you will see it says that IMM5562 is only required for Paris applicants (it's at the very bottom of the checklist under 'other documents').

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.