Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 29th 2016, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Kingbsy
Im as straightforward as your app, just myself, clean bill of health, spotless record etc I was prepared to wait, but nothing close to 17 months! I know that it is unlikely it will go that distance but seeing those lucky lot get sent to ottawa... you cant help but get a little disconcerted. Really hoping for something to materialize in the next couple of months, would like to be over there for June by then it would have been over 8 months waiting. I thought the express entry was being put on the back burner for a bit, or maybe this is just something I imagined?!

Hey Kingsby yeah same here clean bill of health, spotless record we also would like to be in Canada by the end of August, but am not really prepared to sell the house until approval comes through... Just in case!!!!! Also what happens is you dont get approval by the time your medical runs out do you simply have to pay for a new one???? Seems a bit harsh they want you do it upfront then if you do and they cant be bothered to process you, you get to pay again... Happy days!!!
Old Mar 29th 2016, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Hey Kingsby yeah same here clean bill of health, spotless record we also would like to be in Canada by the end of August, but am not really prepared to sell the house until approval comes through... Just in case!!!!! Also what happens is you dont get approval by the time your medical runs out do you simply have to pay for a new one???? Seems a bit harsh they want you do it upfront then if you do and they cant be bothered to process you, you get to pay again... Happy days!!!
Depending on circumstances, CIC can & do extend medical results. For up to a year.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

CReg91 are you on the spread sheet could not see you?
I'm not too far below you at 1st Dec.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 9:20 am
Just Joined

d1ffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wee update,

My PRAS is now showing as DM.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Shirtback as someone who resides in QC (or at least thats what it says in your tag) how long did they take after the CSQ approval to get back to you?
Differ just got his now as well, only 3 more apps that were sent to Ottawa are left without a DM!!! out of 11

Come the [snipped] on London

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 30th 2016 at 5:10 pm. Reason: Sorry, family friendly site - please see site rules :)
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:13 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by d1ffer
Wee update,

What is PRAS?
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:15 am
Mon Dieu!

Kingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant futureKingbsy has a brilliant future
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Differ just got his now as well, only 3 more apps that were sent to Ottawa are left without a DM!!! out of 11

Come the [snipped] on London
It will happen! soon! I give it another several weeks and things will start moving! Remain hopeful

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 30th 2016 at 5:11 pm. Reason: removed word in quote.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

It will happen! soon! I give it another several weeks and things will start moving! Remain hopeful
Its good to be positive i guess, have you sent a case specific enquiry? i have not, it does just seem a little strange that Ottawa is able to process these apps very quickly...

Congrats to all those that have been processed by Ottawa.
I would like to understand what the hold up in London is but it is apparent that nobody actually knows apart from giving the standard 17 month processing time!!!
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:27 am
Mon Dieu!

Its good to be positive i guess, have you sent a case specific enquiry? i have not, it does just seem a little strange that Ottawa is able to process these apps very quickly...

Congrats to all those that have been processed by Ottawa.
I would like to understand what the hold up in London is but it is apparent that nobody actually knows apart from giving the standard 17 month processing time!!!
I have sent a Case specific enquiry, when I received the CSQ from Quebec and they approved my wife at a provincial level on top of the Federal approval. The body of my message wasnt so much as "whats going on?!" more a prod to say hey this is finalised let me at least know that you have received it and are on the case!
Old Mar 30th 2016, 1:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d1ffer
Wee update,

updated.

PRAS - PR application status
Old Mar 30th 2016, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add my situation in to the London Progress mystery. I had sponsor approval on Feb 8th and am still waiting for "In Progress" to show on ECAS. My wife checks every week!
Is it fair to say that folks waiting from back in October should start to see decisions being made during April, if going by the spreadsheet results on average?
Old Mar 30th 2016, 1:59 pm
Mon Dieu!

Originally Posted by danbsword
Just to add my situation in to the London Progress mystery. I had sponsor approval on Feb 8th and am still waiting for "In Progress" to show on ECAS. My wife checks every week!
Is it fair to say that folks waiting from back in October should start to see decisions being made during April, if going by the spreadsheet results on average?
I think April is ambitious, I may not speak for most of the August/Sept/October applicants but aiming a bit further down the line will make anything that comes sooner a result!

From my application received to right now its been about 170 days so im prepared to wait another 50+ days its only a couple of months, I mean we have waited this long... we will persevere!
Old Mar 30th 2016, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Kingbsy,

How much time did it take you to get your CSQ? Currently waiting for mine to come.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

EcoShaun is an unknown quantity at this point

We're not all so lucky with Ottawa, I was first of the latest batch but still "In Progress" since December. Is there a way to query my application with CIC?

I thought these would be processed more or less in order received, unless further information is requested (which it hasn't been). Only non-standard thing in our application that I can think of is us living in Australia for a while a few years ago.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 2:32 pm
Mon Dieu!

Originally Posted by dr_25
Hey Kingbsy,

How much time did it take you to get your CSQ? Currently waiting for mine to come.
We sent mine off on 19th Jan we received it back on the 29th Feb so about 4-5 weeks is normal.

Hows yours going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.