Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by dr_25
Will they send something else other than the CSQ?
Er, no? Why do you think they would?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Won't they sent me a paper telling me what are the next steps?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Won't they sent me a paper telling me what are the next steps?
No. The next steps are pretty automatic, if you've followed the steps in the right order already.
Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion Québec - Apply to sponsor a close relative

If you haven't, you'll eventually be notified.

The one thing to keep an eye on/follow up is the automatic transmission of the CSQ to CIC. Sometimes it doesn't happen in a timely/seamless way.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Just an update for the spreadsheet

The application is ''in process'' on the ECAS since 24 feb 2016
Old Feb 29th 2016, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello - on ECAS, we have seen 'Decision Made' since February 5 but have yet to receive anything in the post. Can't help feeling nervous this close to the finish line - should I worry yet or does it sometimes take this long? We've been keeping a close eye on the mail....

Thanks
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for the spreadsheet

The application is ''in process'' on the ECAS since 24 feb 2016
Cool, updated.

Originally Posted by bananabread
Hello - on ECAS, we have seen 'Decision Made' since February 5 but have yet to receive anything in the post. Can't help feeling nervous this close to the finish line - should I worry yet or does it sometimes take this long? We've been keeping a close eye on the mail....

Thanks
In the FAQ: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Sit tight another 2 weeks, then start chasing.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Hello!!

You've made a mistake, they approved my sponsorship application on the 18th and was ''in process'' on the ECAS since 24 Feb 2016

Thank you
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

bananabread is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Cool, updated.

In the FAQ: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Sit tight another 2 weeks, then start chasing.

THANK YOU! Will try to be patient...
Old Feb 29th 2016, 4:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!!

You've made a mistake, they approved my sponsorship application on the 18th and was ''in process'' on the ECAS since 24 Feb 2016

Thank you
Brain fart. Blame the 7 month old who isn't sleeping, haha. Fixed!

Originally Posted by bananabread
THANK YOU! Will try to be patient...
No worries - you're right at the end, but if you look at the other people who have COPR dates on their lines you'll see some are really quick (days) and others are longer (2ish months). As I said, give it another 2 weeks, and then start chasing - just an email to start but if you get much past 8 weeks then get the MP to help out.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

mhamudx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I just want to know what does MP mean ??
Old Mar 1st 2016, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Brad_G is an unknown quantity at this point

Member of parliament.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

QQ - planning to make a quick recce trip at the end of April to activate PR and I will land later in the year when everything is sorted here in the UK. I've not seen this answered, probably because it's mainly me over-thinking haha, but if I'm moving to Quebec, is it possible to activate my PR in Ontario? Thinking of flying into Toronto due to cost!
Old Mar 1st 2016, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

OH and quick update - ECAS changed to Decision Made and passport has been requested. heading to london on Thursday to VAC
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 2:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sharkxpunch
QQ - planning to make a quick recce trip at the end of April to activate PR and I will land later in the year when everything is sorted here in the UK. I've not seen this answered, probably because it's mainly me over-thinking haha, but if I'm moving to Quebec, is it possible to activate my PR in Ontario? Thinking of flying into Toronto due to cost!
If I'm not mistaken, you can land anywhere... but I'm not 100% sure. Paging Shirtback... though I don't think she follows this thread... if you post a new thread in the main section she'll see it. She's the resident expert on Quebec's extra bits and bobs.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If I'm not mistaken, you can land anywhere... but I'm not 100% sure. Paging Shirtback... though I don't think she follows this thread... if you post a new thread in the main section she'll see it. She's the resident expert on Quebec's extra bits and bobs.
Thank you as alwasy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.