Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:19 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by dr_25
Hello, I am a new member here, so i thought i will give you guys some information about my husband's application. Can someone add it to the spread sheet as well?

- Application received in Mississauga: 09/02/16
- They started processing his application on the 12/02/16
- They sent me a mail telling me that my application to sponsor my husband has been approved on the 18/02/16 and that they sent the application to london office on the same date
- Meds recieved

Also because i live in Quebec, so they told me to fill out the CSQ forms and send them to MICC. They need to recieve them tomorow. Does anybody know how much time does the MICC will take to take a descision? Also what happens if the MICC approve the application?
Added! And I see Shirtback has answered your other question. (SB I need to get you to do a Quebec FAQ section!)

Originally Posted by Shoshannah
Just an update on our situation. Since it's been over 20 months now, I contacted the CIC via the inquiry form and also tried to have our MP do the same. A note appeared on the on-line case history now:

4. We sent you correspondence on December 30, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

They received that document two weeks later and I have proof of that. I emailed the MP and forwarded them the email exchange I'd had with the CIC regarding that document (in March 2015 I was worried because nobody acknowledged having received the document and I sent an inquiry, to which they responded and said that they, indeed, received it and would contact me in due course).

I'm not sure if that note in my case history is their way of replying to my recent inquiry, because nobody bothered to contact me personally. This is so incredibly frustrating, it's hard to describe. They never even updated my address on-line, which I know they sometimes don't do, but now I'm paranoid that everything about my case is messed up.

So far the only thing I've heard from the MP is that my medicals have expired. That's not news to me, but I'm waiting for more information. I'm giving them until Friday. After that I'm going to the Minister.

Sorry about the rant. I just want this to be over.
Originally Posted by Shoshannah
Another update. I just got an email from the MP's office saying that :

"there is a notation on your file on February 19, 2016 that confirms all documents requested have been received. Currently your file is waiting for review. You will receive instructions from them by letter as to next steps.

In the meantime, we urge you to apply for an extension of your Visitor Visa."

How nice of the CIC to put a notation of a received document one year after it was received. But at least that's something positive I guess.
I really wanted to avoid having to extend my visitor visa, but I'll just have to get on it.
I keep getting this feeling that Canada doesn't want me and if it wasn't for my husband, I'd be going back to the UK.
But we're actually back on track, so hey, let's be optimistic!
Sorry, everyone.
This is so infuriating, I totally feel for you. At least it looks like they've gotten a bit of a kick in the pants about it all, so that's something. Fingers crossed that your file is in its last stages. Have you ordered your notes? They might shed some light (or might just frustrate you further, lol).
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Added! And I see Shirtback has answered your other question. (SB I need to get you to do a Quebec FAQ section).

I know, I KNOW And I remember I promised you it.

I'm a bit tied up with RL stuff at the moment, as well as "adminning" elsewhere on QSW & the new system which is a bit of a clusterf**k.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

This is so infuriating, I totally feel for you. At least it looks like they've gotten a bit of a kick in the pants about it all, so that's something. Fingers crossed that your file is in its last stages. Have you ordered your notes? They might shed some light (or might just frustrate you further, lol).
I haven't ordered the notes, because of the usual fear that it would make the whole process even longer.
I'm actually considering using my return ticket and going back to the UK for a while. At least I could work there, while waiting for this damned thing to end. The thing that scares me is the fact that my medicals have expired and they might ask me to do them again.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

It's worth considering ordering the notes on your file (ATIP request), but getting a professional to do this on your behalf. Then that person can also interpret the notes as well (which can be tricky). Once you know if there are any concerns, these can be addressed.

S
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

^I had no issues interpreting my notes... when I got mine, the first 10ish pages were basically just status updates and assignment changes, the only interesting stuff was on the very last page, and that was actually details of when they contacted us asking for info and some commentary on the file. I think OP probably can just order them herself and then ask for help if the results are confusing...
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever you decide, I would absolutely agree with Schnooks that it's definitely worth considering an ATIP request.

S
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got an email from the MP's office in Ottawa regarding our recent sponsor approval (which took 105 days). They received the following from CIC :

"Your eligibility for sponsorship was approved on February 16, 2016. Now you are at the second stage of the process which is the assessment of the application. They indicated that there was a delay because of concern regarding your mailing address."

I'm assuming this is because our mailing address is listed in Canada and we live in the UK. We explained in our application that we are using my wife's parent's address, which will definitely stay the same throughout the application, whereas ours in the UK is subject to change.

My concern is whether the mailing address issue may cause further delays during the second stage of processing. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toeknee
Uhoh! I also sent my spousal application in, received on Feb 1st, filling it in the exact same way, using a canadian mailing address where I am living (with visitor status) and my residential address back in the UK.

This was done after reading the FAQ's on here.

Again, pretty sure it was an error on CIC's part. Don't sweat it. You did it correctly.
Apparently not!

I have just received our returned full application with the exact same sections highlighted as Sunshinedust.

I'm a bit unsure what to do now! I guess as the poster (JK94441) who stated putting Canada and the status of visitor on their country of residence and his application wasn't returned would be the way to go.

This site's FAQ section may also need an amendment to stop this happening to others who may follow it in the future, or at least noting that 2 applications have been returned for the same reason when putting UK as the country of residence and using a canadian mailing address (without sending in a 'use of representative form' because one isn't being used) when being in Canada as a visitor with dual intent.

Last edited by toeknee; Feb 24th 2016 at 7:34 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 12:31 am
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toeknee
Apparently not!

I have just received our returned full application with the exact same sections highlighted as Sunshinedust.

I'm a bit unsure what to do now! I guess as the poster (JK94441) who stated putting Canada and the status of visitor on their country of residence and his application wasn't returned would be the way to go.

This site's FAQ section may also need an amendment to stop this happening to others who may follow it in the future, or at least noting that 2 applications have been returned for the same reason when putting UK as the country of residence and using a canadian mailing address (without sending in a 'use of representative form' because one isn't being used) when being in Canada as a visitor with dual intent.

Just checked what I put on my application.. although this was sent in Jul 2014.

I was a visitor and put my mailing address as Canada, I ticked residential address same as mailing address.. I only did it that way as were applying common law and we had to 'live' together..... as I say, this was a while back so may not be the current advice.

Last edited by Princesstigger; Feb 25th 2016 at 12:38 am.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

pete.morzine is an unknown quantity at this point

For the spreadsheet - COPR received in the post today. Now just an hours drive to the border for abit of flagpole fun and off to work i go!!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting - keep the faith, and massive thanks to everyone who runs/contributes and advises for this forum.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

sharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to beholdsharkxpunch is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Update - email today (26/2/16) that my visa is ready for issuance and I need to send away my passport!

Next steps seem a little confusing with the Eta introduction it kinda bounces you to different websites etc. gonna look back at the FAQ now EXCITED
Old Feb 26th 2016, 10:37 pm
Concierge

I think it's in the FAQ... it's in the Landing wiki page, anyway!

ETA: Yes, I added it to the FAQ. Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Spreadsheet updated!
Old Feb 27th 2016, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding the CSQ. I sent the application to MICC 19 feb 2016, they received it 23 feb 2016. If the MICC approves the application will they send the CSQ and all the other papers to me in Quebec or they will send them to my husband in Sweden?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dr_25
Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding the CSQ. I sent the application to MICC 19 feb 2016, they received it 23 feb 2016. If the MICC approves the application will they send the CSQ and all the other papers to me in Quebec or they will send them to my husband in Sweden?
MICC will send the CSQ to the applicant's mailing address as provided on the application.

What "other papers"?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will they send something else other than the CSQ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.