Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 8th 2016, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by elokuu
I'm sorry it's taking so long and that your MP hasn't been helpful. The processing time for all outland applications has now been updated to 17 months, so since you're well over that time, they really should look into it now. I recently had to contact my MP's office in Ottawa for a work permit issue and they were very helpful, it's too bad your MP isn't as willing to help. Hopefully you'll get DM soon!
Gosh! I didn't even notice that the average times have gone down. Thank you for pointing it out to me. In that case I might send the CIC an email. They do take up to 4 weeks to reply but at least they can't shut me up now about the average processing times.
Thanks a lot. I can't believe I haven't noticed this change!
Old Feb 8th 2016, 2:24 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brad_G
Not sure if this means anything but a third line has appeared on my ecas, saying they started processing my PR on the 3rd of February.
Updated!

Originally Posted by Shoshannah
Gosh! I didn't even notice that the average times have gone down. Thank you for pointing it out to me. In that case I might send the CIC an email. They do take up to 4 weeks to reply but at least they can't shut me up now about the average processing times.
Thanks a lot. I can't believe I haven't noticed this change!
Definitely email CIC directly, there are instructions on doing this in the FAQ. You're wel over the posted processing time now so it's certainly worth chasing it up.

As to your note about extending yoru stay, you only pay if you do it online. Your other option is to drive to the US border and re-enter... but then you do run the risk of being turned away, though it's unlikely. But that is the free option.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I will definitely contact them directly now.
As for crossing the border - I need a visa to enter the US, so it will have to be an online thing. I just hope they don't rip us off too much...

I just noticed you're in Oakville. We're in Oakville as well!
Old Feb 8th 2016, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO: I would recommend applying to extend visitor status online (and paying the $100) rather than going to the border.

You will have implied status until the application is processed/decision is made (as long you apply to extend before expiry of the length of stay you were originally given).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 8th 2016 at 3:52 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
IMO: I would recommend applying to extend visitor status online rather than going to the border (and paying the $100).

S
Thank you. That's what I'll do
Old Feb 8th 2016, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I modified my previous post slightly to indicate that the payment is required if you apply online (but I think you know this and what I meant).

S
Old Feb 8th 2016, 5:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoshannah
Well, when we applied the average time was 11 months. Then it changed to 24 or 28 months, although we knew that regular applications from Europe should still remain around 11 months, so we were hopeful and came to Canada, hoping that it would be soon.

We did contact our MP and they were told that we shouldn't bother to contact the CIC unless we're being processed for longer than the average time of 24-28 months. But, since my visa is about to expire we tried the MP route again and the MP hasn't got back to us at all. He still doesn't have an office in our town (since the elections) and his office in Ottawa doesn't deal with such matters because they're not top priority. My husband and mother-in-law are getting really annoyed but I'm just deflated.

We're at a loss now. I will call the MP's office again to see if there is any chance of them looking into it, but we also thought of emailing the CIC. Apart from that, I don't think there is much we can do.
Send a case specific enquiry initially. If you don't get a response indicating 'where you are at' in the processing or you get a generic email and your local MP isn't being helpful, email the Minister for Immigration's office and give details of the delay and ask him to ascertain why - you will have to say you give consent to him making enquiries on your behalf (IIRC).

Whilst it was a different Minister, I had to do this as London wouldn't respond to enquiries from myself nor CIC Vegreville. The Ministers office contacted London and got a response within a week. (It turned out they had lost my son's application!)

you hear something soon.

Old Feb 9th 2016, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Send a case specific enquiry initially. If you don't get a response indicating 'where you are at' in the processing or you get a generic email and your local MP isn't being helpful, email the Minister for Immigration's office and give details of the delay and ask him to ascertain why - you will have to say you give consent to him making enquiries on your behalf (IIRC).

Whilst it was a different Minister, I had to do this as London wouldn't respond to enquiries from myself nor CIC Vegreville. The Ministers office contacted London and got a response within a week. (It turned out they had lost my son's application!)

you hear something soon.

Thank you for that! That's a great idea as I didn't know I could contact the Minster for Immigration. I checked this morning and they've actually had our papers for almost 20 months now. I did send a case specific enquiry and I will also try again to get our MP to get on it. Fingers crossed I won't have to go to the Minister's office, but somehow I have a feeling they lost my file. Or they don't want my kind in Canada

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point

97 days now since they received our application and no movement on Sponsorship Application Status - been at 'In Process' since December 24th.

No responses on anything including case specific enquiry form, e-mail, phone calls. Contacted my wife's MP and waiting to hear from them.

I guess waiting is all we can do for the moment.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

pete.morzine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - I just checked ECAS and my application status has changed to Decision made........good news i hope?!?!?!

Last edited by pete.morzine; Feb 9th 2016 at 9:51 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2016, 10:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete.morzine
Hi there - I just checked ECAS and my application status has changed to Decision made........good news i hope?!?!?!
Fantastic news! 99.999% chance it's good news if you haven't been asked for oodles of informatino, called for an interview, etc. Keep an eye on your email as some people get a passport request via email even after ECAS changes to DM, and keep an eye for the postman with your COPR! Generally you should hear within a month. Spreadsheet updated, congratulations!
Old Feb 9th 2016, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

pete.morzine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!!! A huge weight has been lifted!!!
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

sunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond reputesunshinedust has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get added to the spreadsheet?

Applied as: Married
Application received in Mississauga: 14 January 2016
Current location: Toronto, Canada
Medical exam date: 12 January 2016

Thanks!
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:51 am
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I just want to say what a great resource this is. I'm a long-time reader of this thread and now I am finally ready to post. I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet. My details are:

Application received in Mississauga: February 5th 2016
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M): Married
Location(City, Country): Bristol, UK
Notes: Meds Exam taken January 21st 2016

Many thanks!
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by sunshinedust
Can we get added to the spreadsheet?

Applied as: Married
Application received in Mississauga: 14 January 2016
Current location: Toronto, Canada
Medical exam date: 12 January 2016

Thanks!
Originally Posted by BelBris
Hi All,

I just want to say what a great resource this is. I'm a long-time reader of this thread and now I am finally ready to post. I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet. My details are:

Application received in Mississauga: February 5th 2016
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M): Married
Location(City, Country): Bristol, UK
Notes: Meds Exam taken January 21st 2016

Many thanks!
Both updated! Thanks for providing all the info up front! Best of luck with the waiting game!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.