Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Last couple of questions from me before I send off the application next month

- For evidence of common law such as joint phone bills ect do these need to be the original copies or can they be scanned? If they are scanned do they have to be notarised?

- Letters from friends do these need to be the original copies or can they be scanned? If they are scanned do they have to be notarised?

Thanks for everyones help throughout the completion of the forms I'm 99% done!
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Answered in the FAQ. As long as the guide does not say they have to be notarized, and as long as they are in English or French, then a photocopy is fine.

Tip: Have your friends send them to you in a digital format (.doc, .pdf etc) that way you can print one off and submit the original copy, and should CIC lose it you can always send another.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:50 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously lhaywood, not to be harsh, but please read the FAQ! This is the third post with questions that are answered there!
Good luck finishing your package!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

LHaywood1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Seriously lhaywood, not to be harsh, but please read the FAQ! This is the third post with questions that are answered there!
Good luck finishing your package!
Sorry but that was a little harsh! I thought this forum was a friendly place I could come to and get clarification for some of my queries but evidently not. I have read the FAQ a thousand times and if I was unsure about what it said thats when I would post the question.

I'm very grateful of all the information thats in the FAQ and its answered many of my questions but sometimes I just needed a little more clarification.

Don't worry, I won't ask anymore questions as I won't be coming back.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

LHaywood1 I answered your question above Schnook's message, don't leave!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 6:51 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely don't leave! reading it back, yeah, I was harsh. Sorry.

It didn't sound like you had read it and the vast majority don't... I'd just read a few other posts where people hadn't and I guess my fuse was short.

Sorry if I offended you, please don't leave!

Old Oct 16th 2015, 12:46 am
Just Joined

kinsielee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Hi kinsielee, I have added you.

I presume you mean September 29th and not October 29th?

Also, you should send a digital copy of the medical info sheet which the doctor/clinic should have provided you with. That way it will get there faster and in case snail mail goes awry.

Edit: When you check ECAS, click on the permanent residence application status, does it say if your application is in progress, and if so when did ECAS update with that line?
Hi all,

Hope everyone's applications are being processed smoothly! We know how frustrating of a process this can be so sometimes it's good to just put out some positive thoughts for everyone!
We have some movement so wanted to update the spreadsheet if you wouldn't mind Andrewbrit - our status has been changed to 'in process' and when we click on it says they started processing our application on May 28, 2015.

All the best
Old Oct 16th 2015, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

kinsielee when did you notice ECAS changed to say In Process? Reason being we track when it changes and not the date that it says, as the date is shortly after you received sponsor approval and is in fact not when they start processing your application.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:00 am
Just Joined

kinsielee is an unknown quantity at this point

We noticed it changed last week, can't remember which day (maybe October 6th). Wish I could remember the date to be accurate for the spreadsheet but we got engaged last week so it has kind of been a blur!!

But when we click on 'in process' it says 'We started processing MARK's application on May 28, 2015'
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kinsielee
We noticed it changed last week, can't remember which day (maybe October 6th). Wish I could remember the date to be accurate for the spreadsheet but we got engaged last week so it has kind of been a blur!!

But when we click on 'in process' it says 'We started processing MARK's application on May 28, 2015'
Hey being close enough will do!

Congratulations! If you get married before you are approved send LVO a copy of the marriage certificate, pictures, etc.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

MKBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Being addicted to checking ECAS everyday and seeing the same text for weeks/months on end it's nice to see something change even if today it was just 'medical results received'.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Gazzae is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

My application changed to in process sometime in the last couple of weeks. When I click into it it says "We started processing your application on May 7th 2015". Does the change of status from Application Received to In Progress actually mean anything or do I still have a long wait ahead?

Thanks

Gazzae
Old Oct 16th 2015, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gazzae
Hi All,

My application changed to in process sometime in the last couple of weeks. When I click into it it says "We started processing your application on May 7th 2015". Does the change of status from Application Received to In Progress actually mean anything or do I still have a long wait ahead?

Thanks

Gazzae
I'd say you have a couple of months to go, since May 2015 CIC seemed to start putting applications in process as soon as they were received at LVO, but as you are a March applicant this could be an actual in process. Only time will tell but it is a step forward!
Old Oct 16th 2015, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Gazzae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
I'd say you have a couple of months to go, since May 2015 CIC seemed to start putting applications in process as soon as they were received at LVO, but as you are a March applicant this could be an actual in process. Only time will tell but it is a step forward!
Thanks, yep as you can say its another step and good to see something different other than application received!
Old Oct 19th 2015, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute

There is a post on the Canada Visa.com, Immigration site ( yesterday ) which throws some light on the old/new process by CIC. I would think it was written by somebody in the know or someone who has worked for CIC in the past. Anyway, worth a look if you can understand it .
Still a bit confusing though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.