Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi

Originally Posted by luckyjon
I was running on the same timeline as dannic and SNKH, except that mine was one day later on each step of the application...that was until the passport request!

What's strange, is that on Saturday I received all of my photographs and other supporting documents back from immigration with a compliments slip saying that they no longer required them for the application, so obviously this leaves me a little confused as I still have no email...

I'm thinking about emailing them and asking if this is normal practice and mentioning that I have heard of cases being processed with the same timelines who have heard something. I don't want to annoy them, but I can't help feeling something either went wrong or that someone didn't click 'send' on the email.

Thoughts anyone?
Case would only be processed on the same timeline if you were twins, always lived together at the same address, went to the same schools, worked at the same jobs and married twins. Every case is different, that is why the processing times posted by CIC are averages.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Case would only be processed on the same timeline if you were twins, always lived together at the same address, went to the same schools, worked at the same jobs and married twins. Every case is different, that is why the processing times posted by CIC are averages.
Here was me thinking they pulled names out of a hat </sarcasm>
I'm sure they will process when they process but doesn't stop you from questioning every little thing.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point

So i emailed london on sunday evening, got a reply back this morning saying

Thank you for your correspondence.

Please be advised that it can take a couple of months for the CPC-Mississauga file to be transferred to the visa office, for a visa office file to be created and for processing to commence. You will be contacted once we have created your London file and commenced processing.

We appreciate your continued patience.

yup. so ill keep being patient! now im thinking that i sent too much evidence and that its taking them too long to go through it all! haha ive decided im not gonna both checking ecas anymore, well sure i will but i can't really be bothered. ill just wait for an email now.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:29 am
Just Joined

luckyjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the 'back-up' LandC!

I agree, I know there is a certain rationale that PMM enbodies, but as you say, you can't help questioning every little thing - especially because each day means another day away from my girlfriend and I don't want to prolong that if there is even the slightest chance that someone forgot to do something at their end.

But anyway, I emailed them last night and got a response this morning saying 'we are doing routine background checks and will be contacting you soon'. So I'm seeing that as good news, just as long as they don't look too deep - I've been on some pretty horrific stag do's! Haha!

I'll keep everyone posted as long as you all promise to do the same
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

Originally Posted by luckyjon
What's strange, is that on Saturday I received all of my photographs and other supporting documents back from immigration with a compliments slip saying that they no longer required them for the application, so obviously this leaves me a little confused as I still have no email...
My only thought is this. When we received the photos etc back like you did (with nothing but a form saying "additional info requested...with NOTHING checked off on it, and just the section filled out that they were returning our personal items), we had the request for passports within a week. Hang in there, it sounds like you're REALLY close!

Oh, and our passport request came by canada post...not email. To be honest, we received NOTHING via email throughout the entire process!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

I GOT MY PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!! i got an email this morning! im so unbelievably happy! i can't believe it came!

my work permit runs out may 16th, ive already sent off for a visitor extension, so i want to fly out may 16th and instead of sending it to england im going to fly home and drop it off, i haven't been back to england in 16 months so im soooo excited!

if i didnt leave on may 16th, and left say a week or two later i wouldn't run into any problems would i because im on implied status after may 16th because ive sent off for the visitor extension anyways? was just wondering in case i can't fly out that date.

thankyou to everyone on this site who has helped me tons with the application! everyone has been so helpful and i know if i hadn't have come across this site i probably would have done it so wrong! so thanks!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Hey Congratulations!

You should have no problems with Immigration with Implied status. Just in case take some paperwork with you like your case number letter etc. It will be on file anyway but you look prepared and professional when dealing with them.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zoec
I GOT MY PASSPORT REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!! i got an email this morning! im so unbelievably happy! i can't believe it came!

my work permit runs out may 16th, ive already sent off for a visitor extension, so i want to fly out may 16th and instead of sending it to england im going to fly home and drop it off, i haven't been back to england in 16 months so im soooo excited!

if i didnt leave on may 16th, and left say a week or two later i wouldn't run into any problems would i because im on implied status after may 16th because ive sent off for the visitor extension anyways? was just wondering in case i can't fly out that date.

thankyou to everyone on this site who has helped me tons with the application! everyone has been so helpful and i know if i hadn't have come across this site i probably would have done it so wrong! so thanks!
Congratulations, the pressure is off you can now sit back and relax. I'm desperately hoping to get good news about our application but it could still be ages away.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

thanks guys, im flying home may 15th now so i dont have to worry about the visitor thing, coming back six weeks later to land! im going to drop my passport off in london and then get it two weeks later.

good luck to everyone else who are waiting!

just out of interest, did most people pay all of the fees upfront or did you wait until the whole application had been approved for PR?
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zoec
thanks guys, im flying home may 15th now so i dont have to worry about the visitor thing, coming back six weeks later to land! im going to drop my passport off in london and then get it two weeks later.

good luck to everyone else who are waiting!

just out of interest, did most people pay all of the fees upfront or did you wait until the whole application had been approved for PR?
We paid our fees up front and had my medical done a whole month before sending our application away, seeing as our checks for bloods and the medical weren't cashed for ages it seems like it was a good idea. Its now been 112 days since Mississauaga recieved our application, last we heard was they are processing it in London. Been wondering why it could be taking so long only thing i can see being an issues is that i'm 1 of 9 children (yes we are roman catholic before anyone comments and no my father believes in prophylactics) Do they check up on all my brothers and sisters? as I really can't see any of them leaving the UK to live anywhere else.

L and C
Old May 4th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

mmm well you're still in the timeline, i only sent my application off a week before you, and i only got approved last week so hang in there!

are you married or common law? i think tbh they look more into the relationship and if it seems real or not rather than looking at brothers and sisters. have you been with your spouse a while?

for those who have got p.r do you get your photos back? i stupidly never scanned in some of mine that are only in print form and i really hope i get them back, at the time i just wanted to send as much evidence as possible but i would like them back to keep.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

Seems to be mixed answers re. getting your photos back. Some people do (we did, not that I cared, I just had prints made specifically for the app) and others report they've never gotten them back.
Old May 4th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I was wondering about the photos too. I was thinking of printing mine out, several to a page of standard A4 and not high quality (more like a colour photocopy) as I presume it's content rather than quality that is required for the purpose of the application?
Old May 4th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Zoec -I realise we are still in timeline but doesn't stop the questioning lol. We are doing a common law application, i have known my partner for 3 years now and have been living together for 2 years.

Chobert- We went to the local library and printed out 4 photos per A4 page, the quality was good but not as good as 35mm film print. I wish we had more photos of us together as we would take photos of each other if we visited anywhere together instead of getting strangers to take photos of the two of us together (will do that from now even though its to late to add to application). I believe you're right so long as its clear in each picture that it shows the two of you together, being couply (is that even a word?) you should be fine.

L and C
Old May 4th 2010, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

canadiangirl80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our timeline:

Sent to Mississauga: 11 Mar 2010
Rec'd by Mississauga: 12 Mar 2010
Sponsorship approved: 06 Apr 2010
PR started processing in London: 22 Apr 2010

Commonlaw PR application, I'm currently in Canada and BF is in England

Known each other for 13 years, dated for 3 1/2, lived together for 2.

Good luck everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.