Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

vinem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thank You Friends,

I am applying out land via UK- I am from Ireland. I have 14 months left on my IEC visa (August 2016) . I hope if everything goes as normal, I can get the PR before the IEC visa expires.

Any thought on this ?

Thanks,
Vinem

Last edited by vinem; Jun 6th 2015 at 9:52 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 12:34 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

14 months should be plenty based on averages but of course no guarantees! But you should be just fine.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Shoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond reputeShoshannah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadinsmore
Today's email...
Please note that as the London office has taken charge of application lodged in Islamabad, Pakistan, the 11 months processing time has now changed. We expect to further review this file this coming summer (UK summer).

So still in process, but not 'in progress' yet....sigh.... I hold faith in the fact that others on the spreadsheet around our dates are being approved!
Can I ask when they put you down as "in process"? It's not on the spreadsheet for you.
And it's just confusing that they said that to you when last month they told DandH that they were already processing applications received in August and you applied in June:

Originally Posted by DandH
Hey everyone,

I sent an email to CIC because my husband's medical was due to expire in June. They've extended his medical to May 2016 and also included this...

Please be advised that your file is in queue awaiting review by an Immigration Officer. To give you a better sense we are currently reviewing files received in August 2014.
So are they reviewing files received in August but not July? That doesn't make much sense. I'm assuming that depending on who replies to your message you get a slightly different timeline. But it would seem that they are, indeed, slowly getting through the applications (although May is still looking rather pale on the spreadsheet), so fingers crossed for all of us. Anybody else checks their application process online almost every day? I feel I should be stopped...
Old Jun 8th 2015, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

If I go and work in the UK, would my spousal sponsorship approval from Canada be invalid? As in, since I'm not employed in Canada which my sponsorship approval was based on, is no longer useful?
I wanted to go stay with my Husband in England for a year or two but I don't want our sponsorship process to get delayed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 8th 2015, 2:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Hi Everyone,

If I go and work in the UK, would my spousal sponsorship approval from Canada be invalid? As in, since I'm not employed in Canada which my sponsorship approval was based on, is no longer useful?
I wanted to go stay with my Husband in England for a year or two but I don't want our sponsorship process to get delayed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
That is totally fine - there's no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada, you can wait in the UK with your husband. You may get asked for proof of your intent to settle in Canada at some point, but it's fine for you to go to the UK to wait.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
That is totally fine - there's no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada, you can wait in the UK with your husband. You may get asked for proof of your intent to settle in Canada at some point, but it's fine for you to go to the UK to wait.
Oh thank you thank you, you've relieved me so much!
Old Jun 8th 2015, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Oh thank you thank you, you've relieved me so much!
Don't let your husband find out
Old Jun 8th 2015, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Don't let your husband find out
Old Jun 8th 2015, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the delay in reporting back, everything went fine entering under dual intent. I had my small collection of documents ready in a wallet but it was not needed in the end. The conversation went:

Border Guy: Hi, how can I help you two?

Me: Hi, Anna is Canadian and I'm British. We have a PR application for me currently in progress. I have some extra documents if you'd like to see them?

Border Guy: When did you apply?

Me: Early January.

Border Guy: Welcome to Canada! Please don't over stay or work until your application is completed. *stamp*

Me: Wahoo!

I'd still recommend anyone entering under dual intent to do the preparation as the wiki says. Just having the stuff makes you feel better about entering.

Last edited by pauc; Jun 8th 2015 at 9:28 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

I've just checked ECAS for the first time in a couple of months and it says "Application Received 29 Jan 2015" I then click on a link and it says its "In Progress".

Things are happening then I guess!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by pauc
Sorry for the delay in reporting back, everything went fine entering under dual intent. I had my small collection of documents ready in a wallet but it was not needed in the end. The conversation went:

Border Guy: Hi, how can I help you two?

Me: Hi, Anna is Canadian and I'm British. We have a PR application for me currently in progress. I have some extra documents if you'd like to see them?

Border Guy: When did you apply?

Me: Early January.

Border Guy: Welcome to Canada! Please don't over stay or work until your application is completed. *stamp*

Me: Wahoo!

I'd still recommend anyone entering under dual intent to do the preparation as the wiki says. Just having the stuff makes you feel better about entering.
Awesome, glad you sailed through. Some people *are* asked for their proof, so as you say it's good to have it... the standard "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!"

Where are you located now? I'll update your location on the spreadsheet. Don't forget to inform CIC of your address change!

dillisodhi - updated! Don't suppose there was a date that says when it went in process?
Old Jun 9th 2015, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

doctore is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got this from London:

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

As you are aware, visa validity is determined by medical validity, and for this application your medical results expired on 2015/04/16.

As a one-off procedure, in order for our medical officer to potentially reassess the current medical results and determine whether an extension of your medical validity is possible, please provide the following:

- countries visited/country of residence since the date of your original medical, including details of all/any business trips, holidays/vacations or stopovers of any duration.

- details of any illnesses, however minor or temporary, since the date of your original medical.

If the medical officer determines that an extension of your medical validity is not possible, repeat medical instructions will be sent.

I hope it means I'm on the final stretch!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 3:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by doctore
Just got this from London:

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

As you are aware, visa validity is determined by medical validity, and for this application your medical results expired on 2015/04/16.

As a one-off procedure, in order for our medical officer to potentially reassess the current medical results and determine whether an extension of your medical validity is possible, please provide the following:

- countries visited/country of residence since the date of your original medical, including details of all/any business trips, holidays/vacations or stopovers of any duration.

- details of any illnesses, however minor or temporary, since the date of your original medical.

If the medical officer determines that an extension of your medical validity is not possible, repeat medical instructions will be sent.

I hope it means I'm on the final stretch!
Certainly not a BAD sign that they are asking for extra stuff! Fingers crossed you don't need another medical!
Old Jun 9th 2015, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Awesome, glad you sailed through. Some people *are* asked for their proof, so as you say it's good to have it... the standard "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!"

Where are you located now? I'll update your location on the spreadsheet. Don't forget to inform CIC of your address change!
Thanks Schnook. I'm in Vancouver now. Practising patience!

I changed our application address via a form on the website. It says it might take up to 15 days to show so I'll check back then.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Regarding updates of address, we received the following email after chasing London about our change of address:

Dear Madam / Sir,

We have received your request with your new address, and the information has been updated to reflect your new contact details. Note that the change of address made by our office may not be reflected on E-Cas. Also note that we will not confirm receipt of fax/ mail/ email received at this office but your file will be updated.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant at the mailing address provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

Regards,

CES
Client Service Unit | Unité du service à la clientèle
Immigration Section – London | Section de l’immigration – Londres

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.