Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 21st 2010, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by dannic
Here is my timeline for outland application:

Documents recvd 16/2
Processed and decision 15/3
Began processing in London 25/3
Passport requests 21/4
almost the exact of mine!! congratulations!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

dannic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SNKH
almost the exact of mine!! congratulations!
Congratulations to you too
Old Apr 21st 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dannic
Here is my timeline for outland application:

Documents recvd 16/2
Processed and decision 15/3
Began processing in London 25/3
Passport requests 21/4
Awesome stuff - Congratulations!

(And good work London - keep it up!)

Andy
Old Apr 21st 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by smivers
Awesome stuff - Congratulations!

(And good work London - keep it up!)

Andy
Running a bit behind where you are, though i'm very happy with London as they responded to my email enquirey in just over 24 hours on if they had recieved our application or not.

They started processing the 26th of Feburary in London.

Hope there isn't too much longer to wait.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point

what email address did you use? my status still says not available for PR visa. missisauga received it on 18th january and sponsorship was accepted feb 15th and there have been no updates since. i know im still in the time period obviously but still, i just want to no they are at least processing it in london.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zoec
what email address did you use? my status still says not available for PR visa. missisauga received it on 18th january and sponsorship was accepted feb 15th and there have been no updates since. i know im still in the time period obviously but still, i just want to no they are at least processing it in london.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e-comment.aspx

if you scroll down to where it says "... by email" there is a link to a web form, where you can fill in your information and your enquiry. They say they will respond with in 28 working days for us they replied with in 24 hours, hope this helps.

L and C

Last edited by LandC; Apr 21st 2010 at 10:39 pm. Reason: So it made sense.. too tired
Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

thanks so much!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Its getting on for five months for me and heard nothing from CIC. Am back on tourist VISA here in Canada. No problems getting that which was good. My old work is trying to get me an LMO as they are having trouble getting someone else in so that will be determined in the next three or four weeks.

If I can get a temp for a year then that will reduce some of the stress of waiting for London to get their act in gear.

Kind of frustrating you see so many people get their PR so quick around Jan and Feb and then its like you are left on the pile waiting and wondering why.

I realise its still within the average processing timeline but I would just like it resolved and dealt with.

Hope that everyone else is having a better time of this than me.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Weaver, may be a silly question but have you definatley checked your emails regularly; i.e. both inbox and spam

We had our passport request from CIC London via email and it was flagged up as spam due to the funny email address/subject title.

May be worth double checking as emails can be easy to miss?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Yeah I have checked both regular and spam regularly since the process began. I even sent an email in to cic regarding the spam thing in case there had been a problem over a month ago and heard nothing back.

They say not to even bother contacting though until six months has passed.

At any rate the ECAS still says in process although people have talked about being landed before that updates.

Its tuesday tomorrow so you never know. Still I must admit I am well past the stage of getting my hopes up before the weekly check.

I wish they had one of those progress bars like when you install windows so you could know what the hold up is. We sent plenty of evidence and I have no skeletons in my closet so don't really see what the hold up is. Unless of course its been stuck at the bottom of a pile and forgotten.

Either way I think it will be a case of wait for the six months to elapse and then start pushing. Maybe get my wife to contact from her side with her case number and such details.

Cheers

Weaver
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weaver2008
Yeah I have checked both regular and spam regularly since the process began. I even sent an email in to cic regarding the spam thing in case there had been a problem over a month ago and heard nothing back.

They say not to even bother contacting though until six months has passed.

At any rate the ECAS still says in process although people have talked about being landed before that updates.

Its tuesday tomorrow so you never know. Still I must admit I am well past the stage of getting my hopes up before the weekly check.

I wish they had one of those progress bars like when you install windows so you could know what the hold up is. We sent plenty of evidence and I have no skeletons in my closet so don't really see what the hold up is. Unless of course its been stuck at the bottom of a pile and forgotten.

Either way I think it will be a case of wait for the six months to elapse and then start pushing. Maybe get my wife to contact from her side with her case number and such details.

Cheers

Weaver
We haven't had any news either, application was sent in January. Read on some other forums london a few spousal applications from February have had passport requests. I can't think of any issues which might effect our application however we as stated in a previous post we contacted london and we know that they have and are processing the applicaiton.

Wish you luck and a speedy and application process.

L and C
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

I would love to know how they go through the applications and process them, because obviously those being processed after your application and then they are approved and you are still waiting i just wonder how they sieve through all of them.
not that im bitter about people getting their applications before me haha but still it would just be interesting to see how they handle it all!
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

When you get the email, what is the subject and email that shows up????
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

thewolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
When you get the email, what is the subject and email that shows up????
The email is from: [email protected] and the email subject is your file number and name which is confusing as you wont be told this file number until you either receive this email or if there is a problem after London have started to process, in which case they contact you and quote the file number. It really does look like a spam email.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

luckyjon is an unknown quantity at this point

I was running on the same timeline as dannic and SNKH, except that mine was one day later on each step of the application...that was until the passport request!

What's strange, is that on Saturday I received all of my photographs and other supporting documents back from immigration with a compliments slip saying that they no longer required them for the application, so obviously this leaves me a little confused as I still have no email...

I'm thinking about emailing them and asking if this is normal practice and mentioning that I have heard of cases being processed with the same timelines who have heard something. I don't want to annoy them, but I can't help feeling something either went wrong or that someone didn't click 'send' on the email.

Thoughts anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.