Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 30th 2014, 3:17 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I see a few people did not get their statutory declarations notarized, was there ever any feedback on if they were successful or not?
Old Sep 30th 2014, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badger.
ECAS updated to Decision Made this morning (29/09).
http://media.giphy.com/media/11J3EBSwVYlaRa/giphy.gif
Congrats!!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:25 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty, I've been away from the boards since Friday, so I am just catching up. A bucket of updates and responses below!

Originally Posted by anindividual
my application is processed in London Office. Pl update the spreadsheet.
Updated!

Originally Posted by evelyned
CORP arrived in the post! Husband will be landing next week in Montréal.
Fantastic! Updated! Hope it all goes smoothly, make sure you have your Goods Accompanying and Goods to Follow in order, and you're all set! Congratulations, so pleased for you guys!

Originally Posted by bsp
congratulations. my wifes part of the process was approved in july. my part is still being processed down in London.
I don't have you on the spreadsheet! I thought I did! If you send over the date your application was received in Mississauga, the date you got Sponsor Approval, the office processing your application (the office specified on SA), the date you had the passport request, and where you are currently located, that would be awesome! I'll add you in!

Originally Posted by nicolasta
It has been 6 weeks since my status changed to "decision made" and have received nothing via post or e-mail. Have also sent 2 case specific e-mails (the last one a week ago) and no response. My address is incorrect on ECAS, but was told back in December that they have the correct address in another area. Any idea what I can do now.... this is frustrating!!
Send another email this week. I'd have expected you to get COPR by now, through I think CIC says it can take up to 8 weeks. But keep on them, just because you have that funky thing with the address. Send another email this week - include your previous emails pasted below so that they can see th full trail and that you've been trying to get in touch with no response. Fingers crossed... Use both the web form and the actual email address.

Originally Posted by uceinjl
Since posting this I have now received an email from LDNIMMIGRATION with the following:

'Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your message.

Please note your Confirmation of Permanent Residency document will be sent to you this week.

Kind regards,

REO'

So I am assuming that it is good news!!
Definitely good news! I've updated you, congrats!

I was hoping that somebody might now be able to advise me on something else, what the process is from this point for me. I was wondering if it is feasible for me to book a flight for next weekend (11th Oct) or whether that does not give me enough time. What I don't know is whether or not there are any additional hoops that I have to jump through here before I can land in Canada.
Do not book your flight until you have your COPR in hand, just in case there are delays in the post, or it gets misplaced, or they send it to the wrong address - see nicolasta's post, she has been waiting for 6 weeks for COPR to arrive. Once you have your COPR in hand then book your flight.

As for hoops, you just have to have your Goods Accompanying and Goods To Follow in order. Read this - Goods To Follow-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Here are screenshots of the forms we brought with us when we landed: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11202796

Also, as I am in the middle of a project I had planned to fly for two weeks to Canada, sort out all of PR documentation and then fly back before permanently moving in January. Can anybody foresee any problems with this as a plan?

Once again I am so sorry for the mass of information but I would truly value some advice.

Thanks and have a great day.
The Wiki is your friend - Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki

As to your other question about when to expect COPR, this is why we have the spreadsheet. The 2014 sheet has the dates that COPR arrived, where we know it (not everyone has provided it); if you skim the Notes column of the 2013 sheet you can see a few people have COPR dates in there. Usually it's anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks.

Originally Posted by Homeward_bound
Eek! So excited just got my sponsorship application approved.
Looks like my husband's PR application has been sent to Ottawa.

This really is happening. Can't wait to get back to Canada.
Excellent! Updated! Hopefully not too much longer, maybe 5-6 months, which is tough but just stick with it! Keep an eye on the other Ottawa apps on the spreadsheet to see how their timelines compare... the other Ottawa apps should give you the best indication of timelines.

Originally Posted by Ashpo
Hello all,

A little confused here. Just logged in to check ECAS for Sponsor Approval, but was very surprised to see "Decision Made"! Does this just mean "Decision Made" on Sponsor approval, or the whole application? We've had nothing by email or mail so far, so I have no idea what's going on.
I was under the impression that it only changed to Decision Made when the WHOLE application was finished processing?
Any insight?
You get DM on both parts of your application, so congrats! Glad that stage finally is behind you! It looks like it was definitely that additional request that slowed you down. Your SA took 108 days. If you scan the other timelines, there are a few others that are in the 110-115 day range, and all of them had either missing documents or additional document requests. So for anyone else reading, if you are waiting for SA but have had additional requests already, you can expect SA to take an extra 2-3 months!

Glad you have that stage behind you in any case, though! Now onto the next phase! When you get the letter or email, let me know which office is processing your application. It will say "your application has been sent to a visa office abroad for processing" or something, and on the letter/email it will give you the address of the office.

Originally Posted by Badger.
ECAS updated to Decision Made this morning (29/09).
http://media.giphy.com/media/11J3EBSwVYlaRa/giphy.gif
Excellent result! I love Rugrats. Let us know when COPR arrives!

Originally Posted by cbrown89
I see a few people did not get their statutory declarations notarized, was there ever any feedback on if they were successful or not?
The checklist says notarized, so get them notarized. It costs £5 per copy. It's not worth risking having your application rejected or delayed because you failed to follow instructions. Get two copies notarized.

I think that's everyone, post back if I missed anything!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know, thanks Schnook - the confusing part is that I logged in under my husband's ECAS (the sponsored spouse), and it literally says "Permanent Residence Application", with "Decision Made" on the other side. Thanks a lot for getting my hopes up that we had a miraculously fast application, CIC!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn!! I didn't understand the whole statuary declaration part correctly, I didn't know about the whole oath thing. I just had two reliable individuals sign my own written relationship history. D'oh!!!

Can I rectify this or just wait see what happens?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:51 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Wait and see. They may ask you to send notarized ones, you might be alright with what you sent.

But this is why you read the checklist extremely carefully...

Item 10, Paragraph 3, Line 3: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Old Oct 1st 2014, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I still don't see the notarized part, unless that's what statuary declaration means, I didn't research that word. I was under the assumption it was myself stating my own declaration with two signatures..

Obviously not as smart as I look
Old Oct 1st 2014, 9:41 am
Just Joined

uceinjl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Schnookololy,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for your response to all my questions. Incredibly thorough and helpful as always
Old Oct 1st 2014, 11:34 am
Concierge

That is what statutory declaration means.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
That is what statutory declaration means.
Gotcha.

Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Victoriabound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Does anyone know if it is possible to call CPC Ottawa?
We are applying Outland but out application has been sent there, I have just received another request for proof of my sponsors residency in Canada (she currently lives in Scotland with me) We have provided evidence of job searches, evidence of investigations provisional registration (all of which we can't really do anything about until we have a move date) along with letters from family stating we can live with them upon arrival. There seems to be no acknowledgement of them having seen this?
We had assumed that as we had sponsor approval that her bit was okay but this is the second request we have now had for this information?
Any help or suggestions would be great....
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Victoriabound
Hi there,
We are applying Outland but out application has been sent there, I have just received another request for proof of my sponsors residency in Canada (she currently lives in Scotland with me) We have provided evidence of job searches, evidence of investigations provisional registration (all of which we can't really do anything about until we have a move date) along with letters from family stating we can live with them upon arrival. There seems to be no acknowledgement of them having seen this?
We had assumed that as we had sponsor approval that her bit was okay but this is the second request we have now had for this information?
NOt sure about a phone number, but usually you can't call the offices - I know you can't call London. I would just respond to the email and re-send all your evidence again. Did you provide a plan for your move? We were both living in the UK and wrote an outline of what our plan was once we got PR (starting the job search then, had scoped out a potential area to live, would be living wiht my parents initially and they wrote a letter confirming this, etc). You've said they've requested it again - does that mean they've already requested it once, or they are just requesting more in addition to what you supplied in your application?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

evelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond reputeevelyned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoriabound
Hi there,
Hi there, I had this situation as well. When I applied I had included a letter giving evidence of me looking into going back to college in September and the details of my plans. I was approved as a sponsor so though all was fine until I was contacted a few months later with an email saying unless I had better proof of my return, my husband would not be eligible for visa! But by then, fortunately, plans were more set in stone and I had purchased my flights and immigration travel insurance. Do you think it's something you can plan now? If need be, you might have to be separated for a little while?

The extra evidence I had given were:
* flights (I had a return but mentioned that I was not intending on using it)
* immigration health insurance
* a poster of the leaving party we were having
* letter from my parents stating they knew our plans
* a screen grab of our house being marketed for sale online
* contract with estate agent
* cancellation letter from mobile phone company

I know how frustrating it is though. How are you suppose to make plans if you have no idea if your spouse will be accepted or not in the end...

Hope this helps in some way.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm starting to spiral a bit, so please forgive me if I seem a little insane.

We've STILL not had any information from CIC. ECAS only allows a log in for me, with my clientID, it doesn't recognise our recipt number for my partner, and as she doesn't have any correspondence from them, we don't have her clientid to be able to see what's going on.

When I log in to ECAS, I still see the same 'decision made' button for my permanent residence application, but haven't had any correspondence at all.

I tried calling CIC again, and the dick on the phone (and I use that term nicely) stonewalled me at every turn because 'they can't answer questions regarding applications being processed in London'.

But, of course, High Commission in London won't return my e-mail because it's been less than 11 months.

So what do I do? How does anyone ever get ANY information from this ridiculous process?!
Old Oct 1st 2014, 4:10 pm
Concierge

Your DM is only for Sponsor APproval, there's no way you have DM overall yet beacuse you only applied in July.

Have you had any response from Mississauga that you have sponsor approval? Do you know for sure your application was sent to London? I'm confused about what you are trying to get information about.

If you got Sponsor Approval, then your UCI is on that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.