Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 15th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Bemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond reputeBemsee has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Glad I'm not the only one!
Me too
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

Confirmed after a second call that my sponsor was approved on the 28th of August. They haven't even sent us the letter confirming this, I had to drag it out of then Grrr.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
Confirmed after a second call that my sponsor was approved on the 28th of August. They haven't even sent us the letter confirming this, I had to drag it out of then Grrr.
Glad you finally got an answer! It might be worth trying to get in touch with London (Case-specific email?) to verify your application is there. Sounds like the letter either got lost in the post, or it's sitting in your Spam folder, or they just typed your email address wrong. Updated!
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

They checked our email addresses and they were correct, they just seem to be terrible at correspondence.

What's the email address for. Case specific London correspondence, and what should I ask for exactly? Also, I can't check the spreadsheet atm, what's the turn around time for London?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy
They checked our email addresses and they were correct, they just seem to be terrible at correspondence.

What's the email address for. Case specific London correspondence, and what should I ask for exactly? Also, I can't check the spreadsheet atm, what's the turn around time for London?
If you go on CIC's website, and navigate to the London office, there's a link for filing a case-specific inquiry. I think the address is also in the guide. IT's also been posted a bunch of times on this forum. I won't do everything for you! :P

Spreadsheet - guessing you're on mobile? - average total processing time is about 7ish months right now... so that's about 4-5 months or so... but things have been a bit more slow as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like 6.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cut_Chemist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, quick question. Just filling out the 'Generic Application IMM0008' form, Question 3 is 'How many family members, including you, are in this application'. I've looked at the Instruction Guide to try to get the answer, but to no avail.

My (soon to be) wife is a permanent resident in Canada, and we don't (yet) have any dependent children, so for this, is she included? Should the answer for this be 2, or just 1?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

She is not included in your application except in the Extended Family Form. She does not need a visa for Canada.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

doctore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there, quick question ... I had my medicals done in April, but my application status on ecas just reads "We received your application for permanent residence on May 7, 2014." and doesn't say anything about receiving the medicals (my spouse was approved as my sponsor July 10th). Is it worth contacting them to check the status of my medical and get it linked to my application? Also, I am now in Canada and want to change my address on ecas so that the COPR will be delivered here, when it eventually comes through. How do I do that? Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 15th 2014, 6:11 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by doctore
Hey there, quick question ... I had my medicals done in April, but my application status on ecas just reads "We received your application for permanent residence on May 7, 2014." and doesn't say anything about receiving the medicals (my spouse was approved as my sponsor July 10th). Is it worth contacting them to check the status of my medical and get it linked to my application? Also, I am now in Canada and want to change my address on ecas so that the COPR will be delivered here, when it eventually comes through. How do I do that? Thanks in advance!
The instructions for changing your address are in the guide you used when you apply, so go find it in there. I believe it gives you an email or the website to use to email, and I'd suggest asking about your medical in the same email.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

@doctore

In ECAS, where it says, "Your current mailing address," there is a button which says, "Update this mailing address." I've not used it, but I think that is where you can update the info.

I've been told by CIC that it can take up to 3 months for them to "receive" the medical, even though the doctor I used said it is received on CIC's instantly, via email. I suppose they receive a lot of them, so just be patient is all I can say. =)
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The visa office is not the same as the medical assessment office so there can be a delay between receipt at the medical office and results given to visa office.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Work schedules didn't allow us to call in today about our application, but it's happening tomorrow.
Looking at the spreadsheet is making me very anxious! We WOULD be the only application left without sponsor approval… a nice big hole in the middle of the data.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Homeward_bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I be added to the spreadsheet please? Application was received on August 20th. We are married living in England.
Hoping to hear if my sponsorship application has been approved in the next few weeks.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Homeward_bound
Can I be added to the spreadsheet please? Application was received on August 20th. We are married living in England.
Hoping to hear if my sponsorship application has been approved in the next few weeks.
Added. Where is the closest major city to you? We are trying to track the speed of the COPR's being sent. Hopefully you get your Sponsor approval soon!
Old Sep 17th 2014, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got ahold of CIC on the phone (after being kicked off 4 times).
Apparently the "missing" marriage certificate is what's causing this whole delay. Despite the fact that it was received in Mississauga on the 5th of August, our file says it wasn't received until the 18th, so they have until September 30th to be under the quoted processing time.
So infuriating.
Looks like we just lost a full 2 months of application time because of this whole issue.
For anyone else preparing an application right now - DO NOT TRUST SERVICE ONTARIO AND ORDER A LONG-FORM MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE THINKING CIC WILL ACCEPT IT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.