Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanx SteveH.

Im just having a super down day i think. At least i get to see my husband next month for 3 weeks, which i cant wait for. Havent seen him since january. PLus im not really working much at the moment, so everything seems to be able me waiting for the first stage, booo.

Hopefully i will have some news soon, and hopefully it will be good news.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
Hi LandC,

To be honest I am unable to give you any 'real' answer to your question.....however I can advise that our timeline has been this:-

Our application was received in Missassauga on 2nd February 2010.
They started to process our application on 26 February 2010.
They made their decision on 26 February 2010.
London began processing our application on 9th March 2010.
The CiC website shows (as at today) "in process"
(This has been showing since last Tuesday 9th March 2010)

Does this help you in any way?? Have you checked the CiC website....what does it show?

Best wishes SteveH

Steve, CIC site says" Sponsorship Application Status: decission made " it has said that since the 5th of February. How do you know when London started to process your application? When we applied it said 2 months for 30% of applicants for spouse, considering contacting them after the 2 month mark from my partners approval.

Thanks again
Chris
Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi LandC,

Good question......I can only respond by telling you that when I go to the CiC website, it shows my name as the sponsored person. To the right of that, under the heading "sponsorship application status" it states "decision made". To the right of that, under the heading "Permenent residence Application Status" it states " in process".

If you click on the "in process" link, it shows that "we started processing (My name)'s application on March 9th 2010". I'm guessing that yours shows nothing in the latter?

Steve
Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

Mine does not say that just says "Not available" under Perminant Residence application status , hopefully they have started to process it because if they haven't thats 2 months wasted

My time line for common law spousal sponsorship

medicals done dec10th
application sent to partners parents in Canada 9th of Jan
send from them and recieved by tracking at CIC mississauga 11th jan
Partner approved on Feb 5th we recieved a letter about a week later to say that he had been approved.
(processing to decision made happened same day according to e-cas)

Last edited by LandC; Mar 24th 2010 at 2:23 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi again LandC......yes, mine showed the same. You are probably aware that the site is only (supposedly!) updated on Tuesday's. From my readings, it appears that updates are fairly eratic! I assume that the papers from Missassauga are sent to London via a secure service....I doubt very much that they are lost ....maybe they didn't get around to updating the site! I'm sure you'll see a change soon! Fret not!

Steve
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Heard nothing further for me. Mine has been "In Process" at London since 16 December... Its within the timelines though and they say they won't reply to contact until 6 months.

Current plan is my work is trying to get an LMO as they would like to keep me on. While that is processing I am going with my wife to Korea for a couple of weeks. Will come back in as a tourist Mid April and if and when the LMO comes through will flagpole with that.

All the time kind of hoping that the processing will pick up in London and get this PR thing sorted out.

Last edited by weaver2008; Mar 24th 2010 at 3:21 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LandC
Mine does not say that just says "Not available" under Perminant Residence application status , hopefully they have started to process it because if they haven't thats 2 months wasted

My time line for common law spousal sponsorship

medicals done dec10th
application sent to partners parents in Canada 9th of Jan
send from them and recieved by tracking at CIC mississauga 11th jan
Partner approved on Feb 5th we recieved a letter about a week later to say that he had been approved.
(processing to decision made happened same day according to e-cas)
ours also says not available for pr status, you're not alone
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

louiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant futurelouiseeg has a brilliant future

so its week 4 and ive heard nothing....if i dont hear by next week i will def start to worry and think there is something wrong....booooo. At least i get to see my husband on the 17th april, for 3 weeks...yay i cant wait.

I will hopefully have some good news next week...i hope.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

anyone got any news yet? im still waiting, its been week 5 already and still nothing

There seem to be a lot of people applying through Skilled worker, but havent noticed anyone new on spouse...so hows peoples going?
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Louiseeg...still nothing here......I did start another thread on Wednesday asking if anyone had experience any sort of update on the CiC website.....it seems that at least two people received updated info on MONDAY....so I guess there was an update done......I guess they are still processing ours!!!!

Keep your chin up!!
Steve
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

oh ok, but yours has got through the first bit already hasnt it. im stil waiting to here from missisauga, its getting me down again....boooo.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

thewolfman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louiseeg
oh ok, but yours has got through the first bit already hasnt it. im stil waiting to here from missisauga, its getting me down again....boooo.
Well, on the CIC website, they are saying it's talking approx 56 days, so you say they received your application on the 22nd of Feb so you should hear around the week beginning 19th of April about the sponsorship application. Try not to dwell on the time it takes too much. (Easier said than done) My wife is over there now working so I haven't seen her since the beginning of January and even though I now have my visa, I wont be landing until May so I know what you are going through. But there is nothing we can do to hurry them along
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hey wolfman, thank you for your message. I am just hoping i filled in everything right etc... I havent seen my husband since january either, and im off in 2 weeks to see him for 3 weeks, i cant wait.

Hope you have a good weekend.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Just got back from Staples in Peterborough, all forms sent via DHL, so begins the wait
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

dannic is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is my timeline for outland application:

Documents recvd 16/2
Processed and decision 15/3
Began processing in London 25/3
Passport requests 21/4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.