Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Kris1983 - I have applied the common-law route so if you have any questions specific to that then just let me know! To apply common-law you need to have lived together continuously for at least 1 full year and be able to prove that fact with rental leases, pieces of ID showing you living at the same address, household bills in both your names etc etc.

Mrs-G: I too lost a week compared to a lot of people going through the process at the same time - frustrating isn't it!!

Caleo - let us know as soon as you hear anything from London!! (or Buffalo, or wherever....) You're right - I think they would have returned your application by now if they weren't going to proceed
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kris1983
Thanks for your help Mrs G.

I am outside of Canada but my girlfriend is not. She is still over there

I have been talking to a company called global visas. They seem to be friendly and efficient and will basically check that everything is correct on my applications and basically keep me right. This, however is a little expensive. Do you think it is worth my while to go with them or is it relatively easy enough to fill out all the forms myself. I dont want to do something wrong and then have the application denied or delayed.

Thanks Mrs G, i see that you are almost there with your application. I havent even applied yet. Good Luck and thanks for the information.

Kris.
Hi Kris,

Each to their own of course but I used a immigration consultant in Toronto as we thought the whole process seemed very daunting and didnt want to run the risk of missing something and causing ourselves delays. One thing that seems obvious now is that you still need to put the pack together even if you hire a consultant... ie all they do is give you the right forms and mail it. (even still, i would have wanted to mail it myself so i saw it go in the post box!!) Ok, he did advise on what to include in terms of photos, bank accounts etc and he put it all together nicely. But all that information is available on this forum adn there is alot more info on here that he didnt suggest and i requested that we include it.

Its easy in hindsight but if i could go back 6 months we'd probably do it ourselves and save the $2,000.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

We thought we would join this thread to give all an idea on our processing time. We finally waved goodbye to our application last Saturday, and it has been delivered to CPC-M TODAY!

Now the long processing journey begins, I hope it goes as smoothly as it has for some on here.

Best of luck to all!

Cheers

Megan & Gordon
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megs_4
Hi All

We thought we would join this thread to give all an idea on our processing time. We finally waved goodbye to our application last Saturday, and it has been delivered to CPC-M TODAY!

Now the long processing journey begins, I hope it goes as smoothly as it has for some on here.

Best of luck to all!

Cheers

Megan & Gordon
Great news. Nice having people to wait with! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

johnandjenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, havent replied to this thread for a while but thought I should update our status.
App sent to Missisauga, approved then sent to Buffalo instead of London. Now have interview. Meds recieved etc.
We don't know why the application was sent to Buffalo. Anyways thats where we are at the moment
J and J
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Well guess what appeared on our doorstep today? A letter dated 29th November saying our file had been passed on to the London office for processing.

Well, some time delay, when they said a decision had been made on the 10th November - but hey, after all this, I am just happy to know it is in/going to London!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caleo
Well guess what appeared on our doorstep today? A letter dated 29th November saying our file had been passed on to the London office for processing.

Well, some time delay, when they said a decision had been made on the 10th November - but hey, after all this, I am just happy to know it is in/going to London!

Congratulations!! so did the letter say it was processed on the 10th November?? seems an awful long time between processing and sending the letter.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by caleo

thats great news! Im so happy for you, at least you can stop stalking the post man for a while all these little steps and waiting will add years to your life wont they?

we finally posted ours off yesterday. I have to say, it didnt have quite the same excitment factor as round one, but hey.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dtilley592
Congratulations!! so did the letter say it was processed on the 10th November?? seems an awful long time between processing and sending the letter.
Didn't say anything about the 10th, only place that is mentioned is on eCAS. Will be interesting to see how our timelines match up as we get ever nearer
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VW092906
thats great news! Im so happy for you, at least you can stop stalking the post man for a while all these little steps and waiting will add years to your life wont they?

we finally posted ours off yesterday. I have to say, it didnt have quite the same excitment factor as round one, but hey.
Yes - I think the postman was getting a tad concerned at me grabbing the post from him as soon as he put it through the letterbox!

I am quite happy to wait now - I know that there is no reason for it not to go through, and we are not in a major rush - would like to land at easter or May half term - and them move as soon as our house sells - hopefully by September for the kids schooling.

Glad you have finally got yours off to the right place - hopefully will all run smoothly for you now!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnandjenny
Hi, havent replied to this thread for a while but thought I should update our status.
App sent to Missisauga, approved then sent to Buffalo instead of London. Now have interview. Meds recieved etc.
We don't know why the application was sent to Buffalo. Anyways thats where we are at the moment
J and J
Seems odd that they need an interview? I see on another thread that you are quite a distance away from there too! Do you have any idea why?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Caleo - that's great news - as you said, no real rush now since not going til May and at least you know someone has it and is working on it in London somewhere
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

[QUOTE=VW092906;9026862

we finally posted ours off yesterday. I have to say, it didnt have quite the same excitment factor as round one, but hey.[/QUOTE]

At least you know its on its way again. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here
Old Dec 7th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

FINALLY Caleo!!!! So happy for you!!! Thank god that's over for you! You will be able to rest easy now knowing that it's where it should be and there are no problems
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

great news Caleo. was it ever in doubt ?!

its been kinda quiet here the last few days... I keep opening this page hoping to see passport requests!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.