Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by caleo
I use our receipt number IMM 5401(?) starts with an R and hubbys details - he is the sponsor. My details appeared on the saturday - decision was made on the 10th - so took a few days
Ok thanks for sharing. I'm six days behind so hopefully we should here something any day now
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
hi guys... havent been on here in a while... we sent our application to London on October 13th (according to tracking our postal receipt London received it on the 14th). Ive been trying not to think about it too much and stress (thats why Ive tried not to come on here!) but its been over a month now, and we havent heard a thing. according to the website they are looking at applications received on Oct. 15th, so I assume thats us, but not sure if that meant London or not... and of course I have no receipt number or any number for that matter to even try to track anything! just starting to stress. I was really hoping we would have found out about the sponsorship bit by now or at the very least had some sort of letter confirming something was received. should I be worried you think? we were going to give it to the end of the week and then try to send an email or something. to whom I dont know lol

thanks for listening (reading) as always, any support is greatly appreciated

Valentina
Hi
I thought the sponsorship applications had to go to Mississauga?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough

Yep - I was just about to reply saying the same thing Valentina. Your application should have been mailed to Mississauga as this is where they do the initial assessment of the sponsorship part of the application. CIC then forward it on to the relevant visa office, in our case - London. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Our initial phase of the application was dealt with in missassauga (if that's hw its spelt, always get it wrong). How come yours was sent to london?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Hi
we sent the entire thing to London, with a bank draft. I hope I havent royally mucked this up.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

we sent the entire thing to London, with a bank draft. I hope I havent royally mucked this up.
It will hopefully just delay things a bit if they have to forward it on to Mississauga. The sponsorship gets sorted in Canada and then they send the package on to London for the PR decision.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suze_h
Yep - I was just about to reply saying the same thing Valentina. Your application should have been mailed to Mississauga as this is where they do the initial assessment of the sponsorship part of the application. CIC then forward it on to the relevant visa office, in our case - London. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
well.. now not too sure what to do with myself. what do you think the chances are they took pitty on me and sent it to Mississauga for me?! they havent been in touch at all or sent the whole thing back to me but not sure thats a good sign or not. I feel a bit sick
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

well.. now not too sure what to do with myself. what do you think the chances are they took pitty on me and sent it to Mississauga for me?! they havent been in touch at all or sent the whole thing back to me but not sure thats a good sign or not. I feel a bit sick
I'm sure I read somewhere on the London Commission website that sending it direct to them will only delay the process as they would forward it Mississauga. The fact that you haven't had it back yet would also support this. I'll see if I can find the link on the website!!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

flexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond reputeflexsingh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, did they ask for a bank draft to be sent? Just that it states on the guide's
"Do not send cash, personal cheques, bank drafts or money orders to CPC-M unless instructed otherwise"... Hopefully they simply forward your forms on to Missassauga without further delays. It's a worry of a wait as it is.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flexsingh
Hi, did they ask for a bank draft to be sent? Just that it states on the guide's
"Do not send cash, personal cheques, bank drafts or money orders to CPC-M unless instructed otherwise"... Hopefully they simply forward your forms on to Missassauga without further delays. It's a worry of a wait as it is.
we tried to pay online, but I thought we were to send our application to London, so thats where we were told to send a bank draft with our application... to London! lol I cant understand how Ive done this. thanks for all your comments everyone. Ive sent an email to the London office but of course it says it could take 28 days for them to reply. I just hope that they have forwarded it on for us... maybe they use the "by land" mailing option to save money, and it will take 8 weeks just to get there! lol
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Have you received your letter from mississauga yet? Our decision has been made, but not received our letter yet - I doubt the sponsorship will be refused, but just don't feel safe till we have it in writing!
Thanks Caleo. Yes, we received the letter last week. It seems to take about 2 weeks for the package to leave mississauga and get to London.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mdunny
Thanks Caleo. Yes, we received the letter last week. It seems to take about 2 weeks for the package to leave mississauga and get to London.
Hmmm, our decision was made on the 10th Nov, but we have not had the letter yet - 2 weeks - would have hoped for london to be dealing with it now, but no update on Ecas .
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

I wouldn't worry at all yet Caleo - my file was transferred from Mississauga to London on 14th October and my ECAS didn't change until 9th November, when it said that it had been in process in London since 5th November. Hope you hear something soon though!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suze_h
I wouldn't worry at all yet Caleo - my file was transferred from Mississauga to London on 14th October and my ECAS didn't change until 9th November, when it said that it had been in process in London since 5th November. Hope you hear something soon though!
Thanks - I just wish the letter would get here so that we know all is okay! Then I won't be too concerned about updates.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

If you ring the CIC call centre they will tell you what the decision is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.