Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by mabsat
So after starting to panic about the lack of movement on my application and thanks to the advice I got here, I sent off a case specific enquiry earlier this week and they e-mailed this morning to say that my application had been received and my COPR had been mailed to me on Wednesday. My ECAS still just says 'Application Received' but still, the waiting game might finally be over, almost 7 months after sending off my application!
Congrats!

Ecas is notorious for being incorrect.. mine still said 'in process' when I had landed!
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

So after starting to panic about the lack of movement on my application and thanks to the advice I got here, I sent off a case specific enquiry earlier this week and they e-mailed this morning to say that my application had been received and my COPR had been mailed to me on Wednesday. My ECAS still just says 'Application Received' but still, the waiting game might finally be over, almost 7 months after sending off my application!
Congrats!! If you post all your dates (App sent, received, sponsor approval) I'll add you to the spreadsheet - it's always useful to have more data in there!

Glad it's all sorted and you'll have COPR in hand soon!
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

My COPR arrived in Canada today (17th) - five days after EACS changed to DM. My husband has gone to pick it up from the lawyers. When I finally see it i'll let you know the rest of the details - like when it was actually issued etc.

Anything shaking your end Ginger?

I was thinking as I was driving home what a life saver this forum is. Its like having a whole team of people pulling for you and knowing exactly what you are going through. I am sorry I didn't find you all earlier in the process or I might have had more of a reality check on time lines and expectations.

I think each and every one of you are fantastic! Now, where is that flag poling thread….
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

mabsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congrats!! If you post all your dates (App sent, received, sponsor approval) I'll add you to the spreadsheet - it's always useful to have more data in there!

Glad it's all sorted and you'll have COPR in hand soon!
Thanks! I am so relieved!

Application received: July 2, 2013
Sponsor Approval: July 18, 2013

E-mail received (January 17) saying my application had been finalised (DM) and COPR sent in mail on January 15, 2014.

It never went to In Process and it's still not Decision Made but I'm guessing January 15 is the day that the decision was in fact made!

Oh and my application was married not common-law

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 18th 2014 at 3:57 am. Reason: merged your posts, if you need to add something within 2 hours you can use the 'edit' button :)
Old Jan 18th 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Orlaith
My COPR arrived in Canada today (17th) - five days after EACS changed to DM. My husband has gone to pick it up from the lawyers. When I finally see it i'll let you know the rest of the details - like when it was actually issued etc.

Anything shaking your end Ginger?

I was thinking as I was driving home what a life saver this forum is. Its like having a whole team of people pulling for you and knowing exactly what you are going through. I am sorry I didn't find you all earlier in the process or I might have had more of a reality check on time lines and expectations.

I think each and every one of you are fantastic! Now, where is that flag poling thread….
Congratulations!!! Nothing yet for us I'm afraid, but still holding out hope we'll get it in the post this week... otherwise we're both going to go out of our minds.

Last edited by Ginger34; Jan 18th 2014 at 3:06 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

John_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud ofJohn_01 has much to be proud of

Update:

I just checked ecas, it now says "decision made". This must have happened in the last few days.

I'll update again when I actually get a letter. Hopefully it will be good news!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Thanks! I am so relieved!

Application received: July 2, 2013
Sponsor Approval: July 18, 2013

E-mail received (January 17) saying my application had been finalised (DM) and COPR sent in mail on January 15, 2014.

It never went to In Process and it's still not Decision Made but I'm guessing January 15 is the day that the decision was in fact made!

Oh and my application was married not common-law
Congrats mabsat! This makes me feel positive about hearing something about mine in the next week or so. Hopefully CIC doesn't crush my dreams once again.

Great news for you!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 1:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_01
Update:

I just checked ecas, it now says "decision made". This must have happened in the last few days.

I'll update again when I actually get a letter. Hopefully it will be good news!
Congrats!! Shouldn't be too much longer until you have PR!!

To the other spreadsheet editors who follow this thread: Please post in this thread when you've made an update, I've made a few special trips to the desktop to do updates recently because no one had posted that they'd updated, only to find the update already made... thanks
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Just checked ECAS and it has changed to "In Process" as of January 16, 2014.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
Eeee shouldn't be long now!! Good luck!!

Updated.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

So I'm kind of confused. Again. On the extend your stay as a visitor link that I was sent it kind of implies that you have to be here under like a work visa to apply to stay? I'm very nervous to get my husband a ticket to come here as a visitor because I can't find anywhere where it says that's allowed and the extend your stay doesn't seem to apply to us
We've emailed the CIC but it's been a while and we haven't heard anything
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by megarhandi
So I'm kind of confused. Again. On the extend your stay as a visitor link that I was sent it kind of implies that you have to be here under like a work visa to apply to stay? I'm very nervous to get my husband a ticket to come here as a visitor because I can't find anywhere where it says that's allowed and the extend your stay doesn't seem to apply to us
Err, no.

If you read this link that Oompa gave you - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp - the very first line is this:

Originally Posted by http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you must apply to do so. Check your temporary resident visa to make sure you apply before the expiry date. You should apply 30 days before your status expires to:

extend your visitor, student or work status,
Note that it says EXTEND YOUR VISITOR STATUS.

Then, after the 4 bullets, there is a link that says "FIND OUT HOW TO EXTEND YOUR VISITOR STATUS". http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

That's got everything you need on it.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megarhandi
I'm presuming that your husband is from the UK?

Your husband can stay as a visitor and extend his stay by using either the online application or sending one in by mail. It is the same application for someone who wants to change the conditions or extend a work permit. If it helps put your mind at ease, I extended my stay as a visitor many times, as have dozens of other BE members. If he needs to extend, he can ask for a 1 year extension on the basis that he has an application for spousal PR in place (you would send proof of the application being submitted).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

Edited to say, apologies, I see it has already been answered!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 20th 2014 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Eeee shouldn't be long now!! Good luck!!

Updated.
Thanks!
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
MCARTER82,

I bet you were jumping up and down to know that your ECAS has changed to In Process. Hopefully it is a quick process from here to your DM!
I am still waiting patiently for the ball to start rolling, but seeing the spreadsheet fill up with green is making me more and more anxious to hear something!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.