Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
MCARTER82 - do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If so let me know your details.

No one on here has been called I don't think... they generally only call in cases where there's reason to doubt the legitimacy of the relationship (i.e., entering into the relationship purely for the purposes of obtaining immigration status). You can apply either way... the wiki has all the pros and cons aboutw hich way to apply, but IMO, you'd be mad not to apply outland unless you have some particularly complicated factors in your application.
Hi SchnookoLoly, I think I'm already on the spreadsheet. July 8th applicant. Thank you anyway
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:20 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how I missed your when I looked! I blame being sick.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Not yet but when I got home last night there was a notification on the door that I missed a registered letter. The notification said that they would try to deliver it again today so I am not even going to take a chance on having a shower! I'm going to be sitting on the front step all day. I'll keep you posted!
Yay, so exciting!! Crossing my fingers you have that bad boy in your hands later today!!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Not yet but when I got home last night there was a notification on the door that I missed a registered letter. The notification said that they would try to deliver it again today so I am not even going to take a chance on having a shower! I'm going to be sitting on the front step all day. I'll keep you posted!
How long was your wait between DM and COPR, and how far did it have to travel? We got DM on Tuesday and desperately waiting for the letter to come now. My SO is in the UK but the letter will come to me in Toronto.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not sure how I missed your when I looked! I blame being sick.
Haha, no worries. Get well soon!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heppster
Hey SchnookLoly,

MCARTER82 is on the spreadsheet. He is also on the CanadaVisa forum, and that is likely why you cannot find his details here. He applied on July 8.
Thanks for having my back, Heppster! Any news on yours yet??!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point

When you send a case specific email, how long on average does it take to get a reply? Anyone know?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Does the website usually say "we aim to respond in x days?" (I'm only guessing.)

I think it partially depends why you are mailing - for some things they don't bother responding; a change of address might be one of those things. When I emailed to say that we got married (originally applied as common-law) they didn't respond.

Others will be able to post their experiences as well.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
Yay, so exciting!! Crossing my fingers you have that bad boy in your hands later today!!
It was a belated wedding present…. more sitting on the doorstep tomorrow for me it seems. I'll keep you posted. Hang on in there. I keep telling myself that I'll laugh one day about all this anxiety and frustration which are not common emotions for me. I also keep telling myself that every day that passes is one day closer to this whole fiasco being over.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by megarhandi
When you send a case specific email, how long on average does it take to get a reply? Anyone know?
Most of the time when we emailed them, if it was a basic question (like "do you have my medicals?") they responded by the next day. They even responded to my "do you even have my application??" question within 48 hours.

However, with more complicated problems they have taken up to 4 weeks to reply in my experience.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thousandtrees
How long was your wait between DM and COPR, and how far did it have to travel? We got DM on Tuesday and desperately waiting for the letter to come now. My SO is in the UK but the letter will come to me in Toronto.
Hiya,
Mine is not here yet and I am in Ottawa. We only went DM on the 12th. I was half hoping it had been in the post long before that update on ECAS but I should know by now to stop getting my hopes up and running the what ifs through my head! I"ll let you all know as soon as it arrives. I was looking back at a number of posts and it seems it takes more than a week usually if you are in Canada. Nearly there. Nearly nearly there…...
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Ginger34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thousandtrees
We got our DM on the 12th and are also still waiting for the COPR... and we're in the UK so I was kind of expecting it by now, but seriously, who knows??
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a response within 2 days. I was asking about timelines for SA, as we were outside normal timelines. They responded and included a copy of the decision made document. We still have not received this document by post or e-mail though!
Old Jan 17th 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Ralphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really niceRalphstars is just really nice

I sent a case specific enquiry 2 days ago to change my address and they acknowledged receipt and told me my file had been undated but may not be reflected on eCAS this morning !
Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

mabsat is an unknown quantity at this point

So after starting to panic about the lack of movement on my application and thanks to the advice I got here, I sent off a case specific enquiry earlier this week and they e-mailed this morning to say that my application had been received and my COPR had been mailed to me on Wednesday. My ECAS still just says 'Application Received' but still, the waiting game might finally be over, almost 7 months after sending off my application!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.