Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:42 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hi

Originally Posted by snuggs
I have been researching on common-law sponsorship through Inland or Outland processes.
I live in Canada,,.. although i am aware applying outland via london would be a much faster process than inside Canada.
Are you supposed to apply inland if your in Canada or can you apply outland regardless..?
Has anyone ever been called for an interview and had to return to the UK?
1. Your choice.
2. There are probably a few, but I haven't seen any reported here.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

thousandtrees is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on tenterhooks: SO's application status has been updated to Decision Made, as of yesterday. I hope it's not going to take too long for them to actually tell us what the decision is. Did anyone get their final decision by email, or do they only come by postal mail? Our address has not changed, however SO has been in the UK for a few months as he was able to get work there, so if it's coming by email, he can just print it, but if COPR is coming to me, I will need to send it to him by registered mail.

Here's our timeline, for spreadsheet purposes

Application sent: June 3, 2013
Application returned due to missing signature: June 17, 2013
Application sent out again: June 17, 2013
Received by Mississauga: June 18, 2013
Sponshipship approval: July 18, 2013
In process: December 2, 2013
Decision made: January 14, 2014

SO's username is tdavies and he is in the spreadsheet - however, he had posted the dates all off by one month so it may be throwing off the calculations!

They also confirmed receipt of SO's medical on June 18 and haven't requested any additional info so really hoping COPR is coming soon. Seems a bit heartless to leave an ambiguous message on ECAS and make you wait around biting your nails for the actually answer.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:04 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

MCARTER82 - do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If so let me know your details.

I have been researching on common-law sponsorship through Inland or Outland processes.
I live in Canada,,.. although i am aware applying outland via london would be a much faster process than inside Canada.
Are you supposed to apply inland if your in Canada or can you apply outland regardless..?
No one on here has been called I don't think... they generally only call in cases where there's reason to doubt the legitimacy of the relationship (i.e., entering into the relationship purely for the purposes of obtaining immigration status). You can apply either way... the wiki has all the pros and cons aboutw hich way to apply, but IMO, you'd be mad not to apply outland unless you have some particularly complicated factors in your application.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

This distinction made me really confused as well. But ultimately YES you can apply outland if you're resident in Canada. You just want to be aware of the fact that you could get asked to attend an interview. It's unlikely but possible. I know of no one who has been interviewed.

Outland is much faster and there does not appear to be any penalty for applying Outland if you live in Canada.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:07 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thousandtrees
I'm on tenterhooks: SO's application status has been updated to Decision Made, as of yesterday. I hope it's not going to take too long for them to actually tell us what the decision is. Did anyone get their final decision by email, or do they only come by postal mail? Our address has not changed, however SO has been in the UK for a few months as he was able to get work there, so if it's coming by email, he can just print it, but if COPR is coming to me, I will need to send it to him by registered mail.

Here's our timeline, for spreadsheet purposes

Application sent: June 3, 2013
Application returned due to missing signature: June 17, 2013
Application sent out again: June 17, 2013
Received by Mississauga: June 18, 2013
Sponshipship approval: July 18, 2013
In process: December 2, 2013
Decision made: January 14, 2014

SO's username is tdavies and he is in the spreadsheet - however, he had posted the dates all off by one month so it may be throwing off the calculations!

They also confirmed receipt of SO's medical on June 18 and haven't requested any additional info so really hoping COPR is coming soon. Seems a bit heartless to leave an ambiguous message on ECAS and make you wait around biting your nails for the actually answer.
Congrats! Updated on the spreadhseet (pls double check it to make sure I did it right though).

You'll receive COPR in the post at the address CIC has on file for you - should be the one that's shown when you log into ECAS.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:14 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply inland or outland. Your choice.

Haven't heard of any British citizens being called for an interview. I'd imagine it to be exceedingly unlikely especially if you already live here with your partner.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Congrats! Updated on the spreadhseet (pls double check it to make sure I did it right though).

You'll receive COPR in the post at the address CIC has on file for you - should be the one that's shown when you log into ECAS.
Thanks! Looks correct. I'm deeply paranoid about our application being denied, even though it's probably the most bog-standard application imaginable with clean medical and police checks and all fees paid up front. I know I'm probably worrying about nothing, but I'll be worrying anyway until the COPR arrives.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, you'd be mad not to apply outland unless you have some particularly complicated factors in your application.
+1. In fact, +1000! I cannot see any reason why anybody would apply inland tbh.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:56 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

PR applications including spousal ones will run into delays of a couple of months because of summer issues - student and visit visa explosion, posting season for officers and vacation. It's an unavoidable situation unfortunately.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Heppster will become famous soon enoughHeppster will become famous soon enough

MCARTER82 - do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If so let me know your details.
Hey SchnookLoly,

MCARTER82 is on the spreadsheet. He is also on the CanadaVisa forum, and that is likely why you cannot find his details here. He applied on July 8.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

rnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud ofrnccominghome has much to be proud of

Woohoo!!! Decision made for sponsorship on Jan 10th!!!

Medical results received and now the real waiting begins...

Fingers crossed!!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:33 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the Responses regarding my post!

I assume once you have been living with your Partner for 12 months you can submit an application?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the Responses regarding my post!

I assume once you have been living with your Partner for 12 months you can submit an application?
Yes. Keep any joint bills, joint bank account statements and leases for properties for the year. Also, any holidays taken together and any flights taken to visit each other
Old Jan 16th 2014, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Orlaith
Mcarter. Hang in there. I know I found the last month the WORST. I have had several highly out of character melt downs throughout the process. And I absolutely went Cookoo as the end nears and every single day you think that today might be the day. I am a june applicant and just got a DM the other day so you are not outside any normal processing time. Hold your nerve - you are nearly nearly there. I promise.
Thanks for your comforting words, Orlaith. That was nice to read.

Congrats on your DM. Have you received your COPR yet?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
Thanks for your comforting words, Orlaith. That was nice to read.

Congrats on your DM. Have you received your COPR yet?
Not yet but when I got home last night there was a notification on the door that I missed a registered letter. The notification said that they would try to deliver it again today so I am not even going to take a chance on having a shower! I'm going to be sitting on the front step all day. I'll keep you posted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.