Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

megarhandi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

So after doing a long distance marriage for 7 months so far my husband and I want to see each other so we were thinking of him coming to visit me here in canada for like, 6 months I guess. That shouldn't be a problem right? Also will he heave to sign for the COPR? Because if he's here that will be a problem...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megarhandi
So after doing a long distance marriage for 7 months so far my husband and I want to see each other so we were thinking of him coming to visit me here in canada for like, 6 months I guess. That shouldn't be a problem right? Also will he heave to sign for the COPR? Because if he's here that will be a problem...
That's no problem at all, he can move permanently if he wants, he'd just have to inform CIC of his address change for any correspondence.

And he should take whatever proof he's got that you've applied for his PR.

HTH.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

But currently he has no visa so wouldn;t he have to leave Canada after 6 months (if the marriage visa is not processed by then)?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

But currently he has no visa so wouldn;t he have to leave Canada after 6 months (if the marriage visa is not processed by then)?
No, he'd just apply online to extend his visitor visa. Anybody applying for PR as a spouse has 'dual intent', meaning they can move there on a visitor visa and wait for PR if they want. No doubt you've seen many others on this thread who are already in Canada, that's what they've done.

Obviously it would mean he can't work, but he can certainly stay with you whilst the application is processed.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Oooooh, omg I did not know that! I feel dumb now
So after 6 months he can apply online to extend his visitor status, how far in advance?
And we just inform the CIC of his address change and that shouldn't be a problem?
Old Jan 14th 2014, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oooooh, omg I did not know that! I feel dumb now
I've just had a quick look at your previous threads, did you not see Siouxie's response to you a few months ago telling you he didn't need to leave the country to apply outland? He could have stayed the whole time! No need to feel dumb though, hopefully you can be together again soon, get him flight booking asap!

So after 6 months he can apply online to extend his visitor status, how far in advance?
Yep. Iirc, he'll have to do it 30 days before his visitor status expires, but here's the link - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

And we just inform the CIC of his address change and that shouldn't be a problem?
No problem at all - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ge-address.asp.

HTH.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, I did see that response but he went back to England so he could work and I didn't clue into the fact that he could come back and then stay back forever and ever
Thanks so much for your responses, you made my life
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

So since he is not in Canada right now he can't change his address online? Or am i misunderstanding yet another thing?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mabsat
Hi everyone.... I'm hoping for a bit of a reassurance as I'm feeling really anxious about my PR application at the moment.

Application (married) was received July 2 in Mississauga, Sponsor Approval was July 19...and nothing since. It seems like loads of people have been getting their COPR in three months or less, which is awesome and gave me quite a bit of hope that mine would be quick too...but now I'm just worried that there's an issue with mine or something. I'm currently on my second IEC visa and that runs out in April so I'm really worried about the lack of movement. It's not even In Process yet!

Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm in the same boat mabsat. Application filed July 8 and nothing at all since then.....
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

MCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant futureMCARTER82 has a brilliant future

I just emailed a case specific email to CIC. I'm not holding out much hope of a reply as I'm still within the 10 months, but we'll see....

Fed up of waiting now.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yeah, I did see that response but he went back to England so he could work and I didn't clue into the fact that he could come back and then stay back forever and ever
Thanks so much for your responses, you made my life
No probs.

So since he is not in Canada right now he can't change his address online? Or am i misunderstanding yet another thing?
He can't use the online service anyway, no matter where he is - as it says, his application would have to be being processed in Canada for that, but his being processed at London right? So he'd need to contact London to inform them, the easiest way to do that is a case specific email - https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiri...mission=london

HTH.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

would immigration give him a hard time when he comes here since he has no money? He wasn't able to find a job for the past 7 months so he has literally no money
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Orlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of lightOrlaith is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MCARTER82
I just emailed a case specific email to CIC. I'm not holding out much hope of a reply as I'm still within the 10 months, but we'll see....

Fed up of waiting now.
Mcarter. Hang in there. I know I found the last month the WORST. I have had several highly out of character melt downs throughout the process. And I absolutely went Cookoo as the end nears and every single day you think that today might be the day. I am a june applicant and just got a DM the other day so you are not outside any normal processing time. Hold your nerve - you are nearly nearly there. I promise.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 2:56 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

I have been researching on common-law sponsorship through Inland or Outland processes.
I live in Canada,,.. although i am aware applying outland via london would be a much faster process than inside Canada.
Are you supposed to apply inland if your in Canada or can you apply outland regardless..?
Has anyone ever been called for an interview and had to return to the UK?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

phasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond reputephasee has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply outland regardless. I am assuming you are a British citizen?

I think the interviews are rare, unless they have a reason to believe the relationship isn't genuine, I guess. Not seen anything about anyone being invited for an interview

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.